đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

#Mayochella is trending (TS copying Bey thing)

Galagala

Featured Posts

Nosferatu

All of this over a marching band, Beyoncé fans are something else. Just like a week ago they were randomly dragging Ariana Grande over her Coachella performance too :smh: 

Why are they so insecure?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue
On 5/2/2019 at 12:30 PM, Reginald said:

:noparty:

I hate these flamebait type of threads.

We all know that kids on Twitter say stupid things every single day.

It's so disappoint seeing the subtle racism come out in some of us GGD users.

Hi @lovedillon I see you :ohwell:

Lmao I just don’t understand how people on here saying “mayonnaise” is a racist term brings you to the conclusion that they themselves are racist? Liiike I’m confusion

& though I agree that this whole “mayonnaise” controversy isn’t exactly racism, it IS prejudice & the fact that everyone’s jumping on people who feel that term is offensive by attacking them more just puts me off. If someone is telling you that a term is offensive & hurtful then instead of attacking them calling them racist maybe instead try to acknowledge the pain. Anyways

Taylorrgh
7 hours ago, IHE said:

I don't read novels from people who consistently try and make reverse racism/racism towards whites in America a thing when it's not. Being willfully ignorant about racism in the US isn't something I'm going to put a bunch of emotional labor into, in order to help you become informed. I do find it predictable and disheartening when white people make long winded arguments that come from a place of fear, fear that they will lose their privilege and one day be treated like poc socially and economically. There is no conversation I will have with you again on this topic. It's like peeing into the wind as you clearly seem to be the one in every thread about racism, protecting the white folks.

Yes this is exactly why I don’t respond to him anymore. Half the time he or she spills out nonsense and I refuse to engage with people who refuse to listen and understand.

StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, IHE said:

I don't read novels from people who consistently try and make reverse racism/racism towards whites in America a thing when it's not. Being willfully ignorant about racism in the US isn't something I'm going to put a bunch of emotional labor into, in order to help you become informed. I do find it predictable and disheartening when white people make long winded arguments that come from a place of fear, fear that they will lose their privilege and one day be treated like poc socially and economically. There is no conversation I will have with you again on this topic. It's like peeing into the wind as you clearly seem to be the one in every thread about racism, protecting the white folks.

If I didn't write a "novel," you wouldn't understand the extent of my feelings. I say that to everyone who doesn't appreciate my long posts. If I wrote less, there would be too much open for interpretation. And I didn't say that reverse racism towards whites was "a thing" (although it can happen) and certainly not just in America (if you'd read all the way through, you'd have seen that I provide examples of real white oppression happening right now in South Africa). I am fully aware of racism in America, I've studied sociology at university and in my spare time for years. My arguments don't come from a place of fear, but of research, both through statistics and experiences from the public. When I go into threads about racism, I don't do it to protect white people, I do it to provide a realistic portrayal of the actual situation as opposed to the exaggerated way that those with irrational hate in them want to see. When it comes to racial issues, you can't exaggerate and allow false misrepresentations to fester.

And you'd have a clearer idea of all this if you actually read my posts instead of immaturely refusing to read it for fear that you may be wrong. Then you have the nerve to suggest that I'm the one not listening to reason.

2 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

Yes this is exactly why I don’t respond to him anymore. Half the time he or she spills out nonsense and I refuse to engage with people who refuse to listen and understand.

That "her" to you. Very rude of you suggest I spout nonsense when I actually research the things I say, I base my opinions on such serious matters on facts, not what I want to believe. You're speaking to someone who's university educated with a degree and I don't like my intelligence being insulted. Just like the person you're defending, you say you don't want to speak to someone who won't listen. If anyone isn't listening, it is you. It's hard to have a conversation with someone who, whenever I quote them, they don't reply or only reply to say they won't be reading my "essay." I don't think I'm the one not listening here. And for the record, I'm totally on board with the idea of racial equality. I just don't agree with the ways that some people go about things and call it progressive when it's not and gloss over realities. I'm not your enemy here just because I'm a realist. In today's world, you get called a racist for saying that calling white people names is bad...and then we're told that white hate isn't a thing. Preaching acceptance and respect for all now are racist ideals because that includes white people. Think about that for a minute.

Eido
On 5/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, Miel said:

I'm definitely the first to call out white mediocrity in general, but this is just mean?

Like, yeah there are some similarities, but that's it? Her fanbase has been really mean, recently. It doesn't help that the opinions of the Hive are easily perpetuated by the general public online.

White mediocrity? What's that? 

Miel
4 hours ago, Eido said:

White mediocrity? What's that? 

Just another term to discern white privilege in a certain context. In this case, that white artists can get by doing less/more of a minimum than an artist of Color, but still get more recognition and praise. Obviously, this isn't always true- many people think this case (Taylor "versus" Beyonce I guess) is a case of white mediocrity, and I disagree.

3 points in and ready for more

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

"Listen and understand" doesn't mean following the definition of racism that you use which is not the actual one tho lol.

Half of the time when someone is blamed for "not wanting to understand" when it comes to racism he/she's just using the real definition instead of the more recent one pushed by some folks. Let's be clear, it doesn't mean at all that he/she doesn't care about POC taking sh*t for being POC.

DeleteMyAccount

I just hope that people stick up for the black community as much as we fight against them.

Candy Gaga

I said it on an other post with different topic but includes the same issue of black people being racist to white people. Black people are talking crap about white people in 2019 and it's all seen as jokes and something funny. In my honest opinion black people are more racist than white people in our time and this is coming from an Arab with no bias to any of the two races.

Guillaume Hamon
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

In today's world, you get called a racist for saying that calling white people names is bad...and then we're told that white hate isn't a thing.  Preaching acceptance and respect for all now are racist ideals because that includes white people.

Exactly. Recently on GGD someone was reducing white culture to the worst of what white folks did in history and she got many likes for it lol. It slowly becomes a trend to represent an entire race in a bad light if it's the white race while it's ( and thanks god for that ) unacceptable to do the same negative generalization about other races.

The thing is that it should be a no-no to talk **** about an entire race, whatever the race. By the way many people following this trend are white folks who made that out of their white guilt lmao. :lmao:

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, Miel said:

Just another term to discern white privilege in a certain context. In this case, that white artists can get by doing less/more of a minimum than an artist of Color, but still get more recognition and praise. Obviously, this isn't always true- many people think this case (Taylor "versus" Beyonce I guess) is a case of white mediocrity, and I disagree.

I certainly think this was true some years ago, especially as regards white men. But in the last few years, I've seen the exact opposite. I've seen really terrible black trap artists get great critical reviews, seen really mediocre work from black artists get MetaCritic scores over 80 and their music be looked at as far more deeper and intelligent than it actually is. Their albums sell amazingly well too. As for the songs that have been hitting #1, well...I wouldn't mind if it was actually good music, like when black artists ruled the charts between 2003-2006. But the majority of their music today really doesn't move me, yet rap albums still get reviews as if we were in the 90's rap renaissance. Yet, the same critics who give them these great scores will make a point of writing articles saying modern rap isn't what it used to be. On the other hand, I've heard a lot of great music from white artists that have had mixed reviews, had little to no success and been largely ignored. I think good music is good music, it shouldn't matter who makes it and I just want to see talented artists get the props, no matter their race. It seems like the accepted wisdom that white mediocrity wins every time is really being challenged right now and it's never been harder for white artists to impress. I've never seen so many white pop girls have underperforming singles and albums in the last few years. It used to be enough just to be a young, pretty face when you were a female in pop music, but not anymore.

2 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

I just hope that people stick up for the black community as much as we fight against them.

I don't know if you meant that last bit how you did but bear in mind that I'm fully support the black community's strive for acceptance and equality, I just don't always like their way of going about it. I think the best way to get support from outside communities is to respectfully educate and listen to what they have to say in response. Not being nasty and vindictive to anyone who challenges you makes your side look so much better. You can't really expect white people to support you by insulting them. If you walk into a room and say: "Everyone in here sucks, but here's why you should help me," you won't get a good reception and that's unfortunately, I see a great deal of that among modern racial equality campaigners. My advice is to stick to facts and be the bigger person if someone won't listen to reason. Real racists can't be changed. But if someone challenges you with intelligent insight of their own and their own experience, you'd perhaps benefit from listening and maybe realise "maybe this experience is much more racially universal than I thought" or "I never thought that there could be a non-racist reason why someone might act like this." Instead of listing all the way that white people are different to you, how about trying to find ways in which we're alike? Equality is about being the same and finding common ground, no?

Miel

@StrawberryBlond not gonna quote you because I don't wanna clog the page haha but I do agree to an extent, yeah. It's a touchy line, because sometimes I ask myself if I am giving a white artist more slack because of inherent socialized racism, and vice versa. But I do agree that (hot opinion I know) there has been some unchecked mediocrity from artists of Color (in particular, cis-het men of Color).

That said, I do wish we could uplift and empower up and coming artists of Color without the cloud of stan twitter interactions.

3 points in and ready for more

NCgaga

The most mediocre Music out there these days is Rap, or what used to be rap. These mumble hip hop "artists' that you can't understand a word they say. You read their lyrics and its the most shallow, horribly written music. SOunds like an 11 year old wrote it. But maybe Straight men, white and black appreciate mediocrity when it comes to music, just like teenage girls. 

Fact is, Artists like Beyonce and Lady Gaga are not mediocre. I'm not a Beyonce fan, but mediocre will never be used to describe her. Gaga, an amazing musician, versatile performer and excellent vocalist will also never be seen as mediocre. But I can understand how Taylor(who isn't mediocre),  can be seen as mediocre.

We shouldn't call one race anything. We have got to stop being hypocritical when it comes to racism. Treat people with respect. Stop yourself from making a stereotype. Stop  changing the rules for one race, and use it against another. NO. We want equality when it comes to racism, sexism, sexuality, etc...But you have to truly believe in equality for that to happen. 

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, NCgaga said:

We shouldn't call one race anything. We have got to stop being hypocritical when it comes to racism. Treat people with respect. Stop yourself from making a stereotype.

Yep. Folks say they want a world with no racial tensions then they use a wide negative generalization about a  race lmao... If they would sincerely wish for no racial tensions they wouldn't do that imo.

A guy here said that he once dated a white guy and added "ew". Imagine someone on GDD saying "I once dated a black guy, ew". He would be banned in the hour lol and that would be 100% normal. You just wish ALL folks talking **** about race would be banned haha. :D 

Archived