movie

Avengers: Endgame

Easy

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

Finally saw the movie! I couldn't see it opening weekend cause of my schedule and whatnot, but I'm still riding off of the high from the whole thing :giveup:

Spoiler

Many things happened that I didn't expect. I 1000% thought Steve was going to die instead of Tony, also, I definitely didn't see Natasha dying in this movie either. I thought that she was pretty safe.

The storyline was so incredibly emotional and nostaglic. I loved seeing them go back to the different, past, movies. 

The last hour is literally the best hour in cinematic history (lol might be an exaggeration, but still). The scene were Strange opens the portals and they all come out gave me chills!!  And side note, Scarlet Witch is just leveling up more and more everytime we see her. The raw power she showed in the few scenes she had should have been what we've seen in past movies. I'm super excited for her show. Seeing Peter Parker come back too was also so great (by the way, his scene with Tony as he's dying almost brought me to tears; a complete reversal from Infinity War where Tony was crying over Peter).

There were some issues I had with the movie. I think there are some timeline issues that aren't too well developed, for example, if Steve went back in the past, doesn't that change a lot of things in the future? 

I also thought that Carol was sort of underused in this movie. I would've like to see more of her (though I am completely biased), but I do see the reasoning as to why they didn't. She did explain in the movie that she was going to be helping other planets, so that makes sense. Love her new costume and hair though!  I saw some images of it before the movie and I was very unsure, but after seeing the movie, I thought they were nice changes.

I could talk about htis movie for hours and hours and hours, but I'll leave it at that. Overall a fantastic movie. I would 1000000% go watch it again (and again, and again, and again). So excited to see what the MCU has in store next!!

🃏🖤👹

YourCureness
On 4/29/2019 at 1:05 PM, jsn said:

I thought the first half was okay, but a bit annoying.  However, the second half was amazing and so I was okay with having to sit through the annoying bits to get to the good stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

They completely destroyed Thor as a character in this movie though.  I absolutely hated it; it brought down my enjoyment of the film as a whole.  Me complaining about Thor was the first thing that came out of my mouth to my friend when the movie finished, and he agreed with me.

It's annoying the movie treated Ironman and captain america so respectfully and yet turned Thor into a giant joke for most of the movie.  And an unfunny joke at that.  It wasn't funny at all; it was awkward as hell...

They did not treat Thor as a joke? They gave him a character development that is ugly on the surface.  He was the guy who had one shot to end this all but he blew jt. Of course his gonna feel guilty about it. That's half the universe worth of weight on his shoulder. He is suffering from PTSD, his unstable mental health will take it's toll on his body. 

River

So the spoiler ban has been lifted all around the internet :party:

We can discuss it freely without the tags :bradley:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PerfectGUY

Finally watched the movie

loved it but I can't tell if I loved Infinity War more

Spoiler

- Black Widow : she's my favourite character with Scarlet Witch. Her death was the last thing I expected. I think the scene was beautifully done and much more powerful than Gamora's death. HOWEVER I'm sad we almost didn't see her in action at all in the film. I would have loved to see her in the final battle. And, even though I thought giving her her movie was a brilliant idea, it feels very weird if she stays dead. What's the purpose to give us more Black Widow material if it doesn't pay off in future movies?? I fear people won't be interested to go watch the Black Widow movie knowing it's in the past and that she died. + it was kinda insulting how no one cared about her death. It felt very unnatural knowing she was the core of the team. 

- Ant Man and IronMan/Nebula saving = Wasted major scenes. What I was excited for going in endgame was how they would both get out of their situation. I would have loved seeing Ant Man exploring the quantum realm. 

- I love Ant-Man and The Wasp and I really think their director is just bad. I hope they make another movie but change the director.

- I hated Captain Marvel's new costume. I get the hair because it's comics-accurate. HOWEVER the new costume looks disgusting imo. I preferred by far the one she had at the beginning of the movie

- Finally, the end of Captain America. Now hear me out : I love that he got his dance with Peggy, but it should've stayed to that. I think this ending is an insult to his whole character arc. First, we witnessed during all the films his mourning of Peggy. All the plot around Steve was : a man lost in time who had to find his new marks in the modern world. And he did. He found a new family within the avengers and acclimated pretty well with his new life. 

At the beginning of the movie, he was telling everyone that they should move on to honour the fallen ones. That all his life, he learned that you gotta move on and keep going in life... just to go back in time whenever he got the chance. 

And... what the **** happened with Bucky. Literally for 2 entire films, Cap's only goal was to get Bucky back. And when he finally got the chance to have him back... he barely notices him???? Worse : he leaves him alone in the modern world (leaving him exactly how he woke up at the end of Captain America 1). Bucky is now all alone, just like Steve was before. I think that they should have kissed at the end and both retire :huntyga:   Anyway, Cap just left Bucky like sh*t after trying to get him back for 2 movies. Plain weird..

+ Cap's time thing doesn't make sense at all with the continuity 

- bonus : I thought Cap didn't scream loud enough "avengers assemble" :triggered:

Shipper
On 4/30/2019 at 2:00 AM, Melisandre said:

Thor wasn’t a joke. He was representing what it is like for when you have depression or any other mental health disorder and how you can still be your own kind of hero. He was badass as fat Thor. 

YES!  

I even saw read a behind the scenes interview of the director and he said that if they magically made Thor thin again for the later part of the movie,  then it would actually make the weight gain as a joke. 

They also pointed out that even if he did gain weight,  he was still worthy of the hammer and his mother loved him all the same.  

Looking back from the Thor who had a glorious purpose in his first movie to a Thor who gave up his kingship role to join a band of space cowboys (asguardians of the galaxy), he had a pretty great character development. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Shipper
34 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

Finally watched the movie

loved it but I can't tell if I loved Infinity War more

Hide contents

- Black Widow : she's my favourite character with Scarlet Witch. Her death was the last thing I expected. I think the scene was beautifully done and much more powerful than Gamora's death. HOWEVER I'm sad we almost didn't see her in action at all in the film. I would have loved to see her in the final battle. And, even though I thought giving her her movie was a brilliant idea, it feels very weird if she stays dead. What's the purpose to give us more Black Widow material if it doesn't pay off in future movies?? I fear people won't be interested to go watch the Black Widow movie knowing it's in the past and that she died. + it was kinda insulting how no one cared about her death. It felt very unnatural knowing she was the core of the team. 

- Ant Man and IronMan/Nebula saving = Wasted major scenes. What I was excited for going in endgame was how they would both get out of their situation. I would have loved seeing Ant Man exploring the quantum realm. 

- I love Ant-Man and The Wasp and I really think their director is just bad. I hope they make another movie but change the director.

- I hated Captain Marvel's new costume. I get the hair because it's comics-accurate. HOWEVER the new costume looks disgusting imo. I preferred by far the one she had at the beginning of the movie

- Finally, the end of Captain America. Now hear me out : I love that he got his dance with Peggy, but it should've stayed to that. I think this ending is an insult to his whole character arc. First, we witnessed during all the films his mourning of Peggy. All the plot around Steve was : a man lost in time who had to find his new marks in the modern world. And he did. He found a new family within the avengers and acclimated pretty well with his new life. 

At the beginning of the movie, he was telling everyone that they should move on to honour the fallen ones. That all his life, he learned that you gotta move on and keep going in life... just to go back in time whenever he got the chance. 

And... what the **** happened with Bucky. Literally for 2 entire films, Cap's only goal was to get Bucky back. And when he finally got the chance to have him back... he barely notices him???? Worse : he leaves him alone in the modern world (leaving him exactly how he woke up at the end of Captain America 1). Bucky is now all alone, just like Steve was before. I think that they should have kissed at the end and both retire :huntyga:   Anyway, Cap just left Bucky like sh*t after trying to get him back for 2 movies. Plain weird..

+ Cap's time thing doesn't make sense at all with the continuity 

- bonus : I thought Cap didn't scream loud enough "avengers assemble" :triggered:

I think Cap just danced with Peggy but did not marry her.

Peggy did marry someone else in the regular timeline so he can't have changed that and mess up the future.  He at least had a chance to say goodbye to her allowing her to move on. 

He did marry someone though and I think it could have been Natasha. 

He only came back when Natasha died of old age. Because they only have one og the time thinggy battery left. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Archived