đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga vocally declining?

fathermonster

Featured Posts

baptism

Lmao absolutely not. You can't compare one performance to another performance. Performances vary for a number of reasons, across the board. Her voice has only gotten stronger over time. Anybody who feels differently..... I think this is where forum rules insist I stop expressing my opinion. But you get the idea!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sampool

Let’s just say that we can tell she hasn’t seen Don Lawrence in a while. 

hoodrat

I'm pretty sure the way they did the 2019 Oscars performance (with them just walking onto the stage from the audience) meant she couldn't do a proper vocal warm-up, and this is probably why she didn't sound as great as she normally does. As a nominee her red carpet appearance was much more involved—she had to be gracious and say hi to a million people.

In 2015 she had much less promo the day of (she was running late and almost missed the red carpet entirely :laughga:)and she had plenty of time backstage to get in the zone, warm up, and do whatever this was to prepare her voice:

B-gXaTBIMAATZO8.jpg

CannaeDrive
31 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Excuse whoever says that? :excuseu:

Here's some stuff for those whoever said that

hq00812_ds00172_im02886_ha7_hearingaidst

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Akiki
44 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

Comparing 2015 Oscars to 2019 Oscars, yes

2015 Gaga was a one hit wonder. I love that performance but it was that one performance where she had to give it 200%. We all know how hard she works but it would be impossible for her to pull the 2015 performance out of thin air. She trained for 2,5 months to do that single performance. 

There is no way that we can compare the 2015 Oscars to anything she had done in her career. That was some SuperBowl level dedication. 

geopang

She really has to struggle to get those notes out these days. Her jazz days were her best vocally.

He8MyHeart

I don't think it's declining, it's just the negative effects of smoking on her vocal range. She definitely struggles on some notes during Enigma. She also lacks the stamina for intense choreo these days which is prob also related to smoking and being breathless. It's sad.

BenG

She's struggling a lot more recently. None of the Shallow performances were outstanding, with lots of off-key notes. Also, the ASIB soundtrack had lots of pitch correction, which is especially evident in ARUTW.

mindintransit

Just listened to INLA before answering the question. Nope. 
I wish she would quit smoking. And not just for her voice. 

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Gaga, you need to release NOW! We’re starving, literally starving.:air:

Mychal

Archived