💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga vocally declining?

fathermonster

Featured Posts

XxBones

Nope! She just sounds different. When she was younger she had a more Disney princess quality like Ariel. I think with Joanne she used a more deeper sad voice on purpose for a style. I think her voice is changing but she actually sounds more in control of her voice nowadays. It just sounds different with age. So in my opinion it’s improved just different. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

I would actually say her voice is stronger than ever before.

That said, the discrepancy between harsh dancing and her singing is also stronger than ever. You could definitely tell in some small moments during the beginning dates of Enigma. I'm glad she's been toning down the choreography because she definitely can't sing and dance like she could have ten years ago.

3 points in and ready for more

derpmonster
9 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

Comparing 2015 Oscars to 2019 Oscars, yes

She rehearsed for that one for months. It was a reputation building performance... It was also a significantly different style. One mediocre performance doesn't mean she has gone downhill. She is still capable of much more as is evident in the JWT and Coachella vocals and the ASIB soundtrack. She uses her head voice consistently now and does things that she never did before.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

No but i'm affraid of the future with all the drinking and smoking. I wish she was more like Céline when it comes to preserving her voice. 

geusst1235

No her technique has actually gotten way better,and her voice has gotten overall stronger. While she definitely isn't declining at all the smoking does worry me a bit in the long term but I'm sure she has a handle on that and is keeping her voice healthy hopefully. Also even Gaga has days where her voice isn't necessarily in perfect condition whether it's due to emotion,being sick,overworking her voice,etc,just like every single other musician.

no

₊˚ ‿︵‿︵‿︵୨୧ · · ♡ · · ୨୧‿︵‿︵‿︵ ˚₊

LateToCult

It’s changed for sure but I don’t think it’s declining. However I can see why you would think that. Her two biggest performances recently at the Grammys and Oscars were mediocre compared to what she’s pulled off before but there are lots of factors that played into that. 

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, Galagala said:

She has got better tbh. 

This. I've seen some music critics even point out that her voice has become stronger. Some, not all, of her songs now are far more difficult than her old material and so she occasionally has small mistakes, trip-ups, etc. But her vocal technique has improved a lot (it was always good).

NCgaga

The voice is a muscle and it will change with time. Her voice has gotten a little deeper- but that is what happens when your career starts when you're 21- and now you're 32 .It's natural and happens to everyone. Whitney Houston's voice sounded different during the peak of her career(Bodyguard Soundtrack) then it did when Whitney first came out. 

HOWEVER

Gaga has a few things on her side. She has AMAZING technique. She rarely strains, never over sings. She also hardly ever tries to sing outside of her range. The "what not to do" singer is Christina Aguilera- who constantly over sings, sings outside of her natural range, sings with the back of her throat to produce a more emotive, broad and darker sound. 

The only thing I would recommend to Gaga is to quit smoking. That does wonders for your voice. Pink's voice is a good example of what happens when you stop smoking. Pink's highest and clearest notes have actually happened in the past 5 years- she attributes this to not smoking anymore. In fact, she complained that she lost a lot of her "raspy-ness" when she quit smoking, and wants it back. Adele also says quitting smoking, letting up on drinking, and having her vocal surgery has helped her voice be in better shape than it's ever been. SO QUIT SMOKING GAGA!!

I mean now-a-days there seems to be something wrong with it, like even durring the Joanne World Tour days you can hear her sing Born This Way beautifully and hit all the notes correctly. But if you watch Enigma it seems like it's more limited, almost like she's straining her voice and she STILL can't hit the note correctly. I hope she improves her voice for the next set of Enigma :heart:

The strength in her voice is improving actually. With that being said I'll say that her tone has gotten increasingly unpleasant but it's a small trade off. Live, power matters most and she's got that in spades.

ELECTROHEART

Hell no, her voice is in her best moment, wtf are you saying :what:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

LadariousGarage

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think the f*ck not

:ladyhaha: :fthis: :bye:

Lets do it baby I know the Law

Archived