Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga vocally declining?

fathermonster

Featured Posts

lgaga1fan

Yeah, she is. Comparing performances from the Joanne Tour to Enigma of Million Reasons is kinda crazy. She can't hit notes the way that she used to and her sound is beginning to sound super throaty when it used to be overly forward.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lgaga1fan

Also all of the people citing the ASIB OST seem to be forgetting that the majority of it was recorded before the JWT, where she began to vocally decline.

lgaga1fan
13 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Everyone keeps bringing up ENIGMA, how about the Jazz Show? 

Well we could bring up the Jazz show too... 
On La Vie En Rose, she was extremely strained and could hardly hit the notes with the finesse that she did in ASIB.

black real housewives of atlanta GIF by Identity
I think her vocals got even better. ASIB has one of the best vocals compared to  the other albums

RudraCNG
50 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Also all of the people citing the ASIB OST seem to be forgetting that the majority of it was recorded before the JWT, where she began to vocally decline.

What are you talking about. Her vocals at the JWT were 100x better than at any other tour :triggered:

candiedroses

minute 2:30 and beyond says: NO!!! If she was "vocally declining" how could she be hitting MUCH higher notes, in full voice, than what was originally on a song she wrote recorded over 10 years ago, *LIVE*?

She is not vocally declining, but the largest "change" in her voice was between The Fame and The Fame Monster.  I believe that truly is due to continued vocal training and the fact she went from late teens/early 20s to being an adult right during that album cycle.  You can tell on "The Fame" what songs were recorded later (I tend to believe Boys Boys Boys was one of the last) ..  When you compare "Speechless" to "Brown Eyes", you'll see that Gaga's voice is more similar in tone to what it was 10 years ago, than what it was 12 years ago.  

Within the last 5 years, especially since ARTPOP, Gaga's voice has gotten a bit richer, and a bit deeper, but she's gone from a "great singer" to a "powerhouse" vocalist.  She has an extremely rock friendly voice, and she sings a lot less "affected" (i.e. Blueberry Kisses) now, and more raw instead (i.e. Just Another Day) 

Aside from all of that, if she didn't smoke cigarettes, I do not know what her voice would sound like today or if it has had any effect on her voice whatsoever.  I believe singing and extensive touring has the most effect on a singer's voice. Everyone knows, including her, that she needs to stop smoking tobacco products completely.  She has struggled with that vice for a while, going as far as quitting but then picking it back up, as so many people do - she or anyone else should not be shamed for it.  You can read interviews about what she said Tony Bennett said to her about cigarettes - she's well aware she needs to quit, and has people around her who want her to quit as well.  I am sure she is completely aware of what condition her voice is in & what cigarettes can do.  I believe she is trying her best & her best is what she always gives, and it shows.  <3 

OliverDaniels

At the JWT when she did those extra bits at the end of Poker Face they sounded rly strained and weren’t executed very well, she should have just left it out

don’t drag me please

candiedroses
3 minutes ago, OliverDaniels said:

At the JWT when she did those extra bits at the end of Poker Face they sounded rly strained and weren’t executed very well, she should have just left it out

don’t drag me please

They truly were not strained from a technical standpoint - there are so many more definitions of "strained" vocals.  She may of stuggled on those vocals once or twice, but on the example video - she is effortlessly singing, watch her posture & expression.

mindintransit

I've already chimed in that I don't hear any decline but it is making me sad to read the posts from people who do.  She's only 33!
I repeat myself but I wish she would  quit smoking - for her voice and for her.
Anyway, as a new member I sometimes tag GGD threads in my head - interesting, weird, hilarious...
This thread is now tagged - depressing. 
Time to put on my running shoes and spend an hour with LG. 

Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa

the office ugh GIF by Romy

When I saw you for the very first time Looked like Fred Astaire, drinking your red wine

Diamond heart99

Nancy Reagan. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

JohnnyVersace

Her body and physicality has declined, as she's discussed (fibro). But she's still pushing it to the limit with flips and aerials and choreo. Judging by Enigma, there are definitely moments where she's huffing and puffing her way through it, and I almost feel she should tone down the choreo and focus on the vocals. 

So no, I don't think that it's her vocals that are declining. I think it's that she's aging, and still trying to keep up with the moves she was doing in her 20's. 

Archived