💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Examples of great ideas by LG current team

Mr S

Featured Posts

A lot of us like to critisize LG's team from her management, her makeup, her choreograhy, etc and that's fair. It's far from perfect and we should be able to discuss these things. But what are some examples when her team did something great? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromaticka

their idea to create a "look book" on her IG during the JWT, she was feeding the children

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

For me:

- The Netflix documentary. The fact that she did this BEFORE Beyonce AND Taylor Swift? What a GREAT idea. While other artists used HBO, Gaga went with Netflix which is by far the more popular service. Streaming >> Cable. Here we see Gaga is AHEAD of the trend. Streaming is the future. 

Sorry let's stick with the POST ARTPOP team please. Team LG was damn near flawless in her early years and I doubt anyone critisized much. Today, as we know, there are tons to critisize so let's celebrate some of the good things.

derpmonster

Oscars Sound of Music, C2C, landing the Super Bowl, Coachella, ASIB promotion

Literally all of that to put her back in stardom after ARTPOP where the GP literally thought she was over and a comeback didn't seem possible. 

Now she's at her second peak AND has the GP's respect that she didn't before. Even older people love her now. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

The Sound of Music is a good one for sure.

Coachella gave her a free stage but it wasn't acclaimed or anything like that. I personally think that was a poor idea knowing you only had 2 weeks or whatever it was. Can you imagine if she did the Superbowl in 2 weeks? If Beyonce hadn't reinvented COachella, that poor decision probably goes unnoticed, but that's not what happened.

Superbowl is another good one especially considering what happened after. It's been mediocrity ever since and now all the good performers are backing out.

ASIB promotion was all Warner. I don't think that applies to her team.

sampool
19 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

The Sound of Music is a good one for sure.

Coachella gave her a free stage but it wasn't acclaimed or anything like that. I personally think that was a poor idea knowing you only had 2 weeks or whatever it was. Can you imagine if she did the Superbowl in 2 weeks? If Beyonce hadn't reinvented COachella, that poor decision probably goes unnoticed, but that's not what happened.

Superbowl is another good one especially considering what happened after. It's been mediocrity ever since and now all the good performers are backing out.

ASIB promotion was all Warner. I don't think that applies to her team.

I hate to rain on your parade, but the Oscars called her to perform TSOM tribute, Coachella called her after Beyoncé cancelled, the NFL asked her to perform. Her team contributed little-to-none on all of those.

Her new team only worked on one solo Gaga album (Joanne), where she wanted to be all lowkey with the aesthetics and presentation, so I won’t be too harsh on them.

The next album should be a good indicator of their abilities, if they served another Joanne then we know where the problem lies.

Inferno

They've done a lot right, however, its just not as contemporary or youthful as the fans desire. Thats what I feel, youthful is the right term. a lot of what shes done over the past few years including joanne has felt skewed for an older audience. like your mom or your grandma. From the Oscars, the Superbowl, the netflix doc, ASIB, it was all steps that have taken her back to good graces with the public which sets a good foundation for LG6. Which is where im personally hoping she stops with the elderly glam and finally gives us at least a taste of the dark young maximalist leather soaked popstar she used to be. i realize shes 33 but I mean shes not 53. She is still young in life lol regardless of pop star standards skewing our reality.

2 minutes ago, sampool said:

I hate to rain on your parade, but the Oscars called her to perform TSOM tribute, Coachella called her after Beyoncé cancelled, the NFL asked her to perform. Her team contributed little-to-none on all of those.

Do you know that for a fact? I imagine the Oscars would send out a memo to mamangement teams that they are looking for someone to do a tribute. I have a hard time imagining they woke up and thought Lady Gaga would be the perfect fit for a Julie Andrews tribute. She is the furthest thing from her at that time.

I think Superbowl is the same. Her team had to get it.

Coachella was not her team you're right, but my point was she should not have accepted the invite.

LaLa

I also think we have to think about it in terms of: what is her current team not doing? Because I would personally argue that her pre-ARTPOP team was not anywhere near flawless. To take an artist and allow her to reach a point of mental and physical collapse within 5 years is simply not effective management. It just isn't. The must have looked at her, realized what they were doing was not sustainable, and just not cared. 

I think Bobby plans and strategizes much longer term. Gaga herself has talked about learning to say no to things for her own health and wellbeing. This is not the kind of thing we can point to and say 'here, look, a great idea', but it really is the best thing for a career that spans decades. 

Inferno
7 minutes ago, sampool said:

Her new team only worked on one solo Gaga album (Joanne), where she wanted to be all lowkey with the aesthetics and presentation, so I won’t be too harsh on them.

The next album should be a good indicator of their abilities, if they served another Joanne then we know where the problem lies.

You realize its her team thats involved in making those arrangements happen though right? the Oscars sound of music tribute would not have even been an option for Lady Gaga had they not proven their chops with cheek2cheek. you also have to talk to the nfl and fight for the opportunity to do the halftime show.....they didnt just hand it to her. i mean love gaga but its not like she was in a space at that time where she was a shoe-in for the halftime show im sure there were other popular artists available that they could have chosen. its a testament to her and her team that they were able to get it.

sampool
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

You realize its her team thats involved in making those arrangements happen though right? the Oscars sound of music tribute would not have even been an option for Lady Gaga had they not proven their chops with cheek2cheek. you also have to talk to the nfl and fight for the opportunity to do the halftime show.....they didnt just hand it to her. i mean love gaga but its not like she was in a space at that time where she was a shoe-in for the halftime show im sure there were other popular artists available that they could have chosen. its a testament to her and her team that they were able to get it.

CTC was recorded while she was under Troys management.

Judging by the interviews she gave, the super bowl performance was pretty much on lock after the national anthem performance from the previous year. Her talent contributed to atleast %95 of her success since 2014; she could’ve had any team, no matter how good or bad they were, and she’d still have the same outcome. 

Archived