Gaga Daily Youtube
society

Multiple blasts kill 207 in Sri Lankan Churches + Hotels

Featured Posts

VOLANTIS

The blasts, reported to have occurred at churches in Kochchikade, Negombo and Batticaloa, targeted worshippers as they attended Easter services. Additional blasts ripped through three hotels, the Shangri La, Cinnamon Grand and Kingsbury Hotel, all in the capital, Colombo, according to state broadcaster SLRC.

At least nine foreigners are among at least 50 dead at the Colombo National Hospital following the explosions, according to hospital sources. In total, more than 260 people injured in the blasts have been admitted to the hospital in the wake of the attack.

More than 35 people were injured in the explosion at Katuwapitiya Church in Negombo, while more than 300 people have been hospitalized following the blast at the Zion Church in Batticaloa.

Latest Update: 

* Death toll rises to 290, around  500 people injured. 

* 24 people have been arrested, and the defence minister said the culprits were religious extremists.

* The coordinated attacks began with seven initial explosions – at four hotels and three churches – with another explosion later detonated while suspects fled from police.

* Police issues curfew from 1800 hrs to 0900 tomorrow.

Following Link is live updating.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/apr/21/sri-lanka-explosions-dozens-killed-and-hundreds-injured-in-church-and-hotel-blasts

Edited by VOLANTIS
I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 49

Radio Ga Ga

omg that is terrible

it's just so unimaginable why would anybody want to hurt people like this

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Frivolero

:cryga:the world is unsafe omg

• Love 1

Melech

That’s horrible. People underestimate the Christanophobia in other countries. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Vegas

To kill people like this on a day and place where they’re only searching for hope and inner peace is beyond heartless and inhuman.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

DoremonLove

Humans will end this world. I wish people would stop this hate against each other. Praying for everyone:ohno:

New little monster
  • Love 1

Reginald

Why are *some* religious people like this?

I just don't get it - don't the gods these people claim to idolize express the need for acceptance and love? 

So sad. 

And omg :runhug:  I  hope your friend is okay @VOLANTIS

Edited by Reginald
Marry The Night
  • Love 1

Vanilla

My best friend's mum (my second mum, I call her mum), was supposed to be at one of the churches bombed today. Fortunately she slept in late and went to one that was closer to home. This attack has left me feeling sick. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
  • Shook 1

NightStar
1 minute ago, geopang said:

Will the prime minister of NZ dress up as Jesus in regards to this tragedy? Christians are being killed daily and no one bats an eye for some reason. Truly sad.

this tragedy did not happen in NZ though :triggered: why would the prime minister of NZ dress up as Jesus? 

I am far from being a superstitious person, but the fire of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris at the beginning of Easter Week did turn out to be a bad omen :ohno: 

Sending prayers 

• Like 4

littlepotter
5 minutes ago, geopang said:

Will the prime minister of NZ dress up as Jesus in regards to this tragedy? 

What the ****

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

littlepotter

This is terrible. This ALWAYS happens on Easter Sunday. Every single year, in some part of the world. I don't understand why it keeps happening.

• Like 3

Salome
1 hour ago, Melech said:

That’s horrible. People underestimate the Christanophobia in other countries. 

This, this, this

• Like 3

Jacksonotta

This is crazy. Out of all places. My mom’s family lives there. I’ve asked her to message everybody to see if they are ok...

I'm obsessively opposed to the typical...
  • Shook 1