Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Weirdest celebrity romances

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Let's face it, celebrities can make lots of weird decisions. And that includes their personal lives. Sometimes, this means more than a huge age gap, it can be a whole different background, a whole different personality whereby their choice of partner is bewilderingly strange. Here, I've composed my list of some of the strangest pairings. Some you may have heard, others may surprise you.

Liam Payne and...Cheryl

Not only was there a 10-year age gap between this pair (he's 25, she's 35), but Cheryl had originally judged him when he was underage when he first tried out for X Factor initially, before his audition a year later which later led to forming One Direction. No one would have thought that years down the line, one of the most famous, desired women in Britain would be dating a young scamp from 1D and have a baby with him (he's just turned 2).

Liam Payne and...Naomi Campbell

Fresh after his split with Cheryl, Liam was rumoured to be dating a few women but when this particular rumour turned out true, this pair up was even stranger. Legendary supermodel and all-round icon, Naomi was dating him, and he just so happened to be 23 years older (he's 25, she's 48). So much for the idea that dating an older woman was a one off! Naomi's decision to date such a young man who's a boyband member was more than a little out of left field and we can only wait and see where this union leads.

Angelina Jolie and...Billy Bob Thornton

Getting together after meeting on the set of 1999 movie, Pushing Tin, this one is strange on multiple levels. The two of them wore vials of blood round their necks while they were together, he was 10 years older than her (she's 43, he's 63) and he married her despite being engaged to Laura Dern at the time. She literally said she went away for a short while and when she came back, she found out her fiancee had married someone else. How's that for a welcome home present?

Chris Martin and...Jennifer Lawrence

After Gwyneth Paltrow, we expected Chris to go for someone similar but he ended up having a very short romance with Jennifer Lawrence, who was 14 years younger than him (she's 28, he's 42). Perhaps not the biggest age gap in Hollywood, but the bizarre nature of this was more in the whole idea of, where they ever together or was it just publicity? I can honestly say I don't know what circles they may have been in to get together.

Prince Harry and...Meghan Markle

When it comes to royalty, they tend to go for traditional marriage choices and everything about Harry's choice was something that the British public were surprised by. Hailing from California, being an actress and tv personality, being older than him and being virtually unknown to anyone until it was announced they were dating, this was as far away from who we expected a wife in the British royal family to be. Even how they met is still kept mysteriously vague.

Lindsay Lohan and...Calum Best

Likely unknown to any non-Brit, Calum Best is the son of legendary Belfast footballer, George Best. His son gained quite a ladies man reputation and somehow, on a trip to LA, he had a very brief fling with Lindsay Lohan, though how he got into the very cliquey LA inner circle when no one knew who he was is anyone's guess.

Harry Styles and...Caroline Flack

When presenting the after-show of X Factor, British tv presenter Caroline got talking to contestant Harry and the rest is history. But the age gap drew considerable criticism considering he was 16 at the time and she was 30. And the less spoken of this one, the better.

Ronnie Wood and...Katia Ivanova

Rolling Stones member Ronnie, like many rockstars, has no problem with a much younger woman and sensationally left his wife for Katia (whose age was never disclosed but thought to be between 18-21), when he was 61. Again, the less said about this, the better.

Madonna and...Vanilla Ice

Out of all the men who Madonna could've dated at this point in her career, this choice was bizarre considering there is no way he could've helped her street cred. He also appeared with her in very dodgy scenes in her infamous Sex book. Madonna has famously never had any regrets, but this might be the exception.

Madonna and...Dennis Rodman

The only thing weird I can find about this is...I just can't even imagine Madonna at a basketball game. When singers and athletes get together, I just wonder, how did they meet? What circles do these two professions meet?

Madonna and...Tupac

Most people didn't truly know if this happened, until an old letter he wrote to her was made public. When I saw photos of them together, they just don't seem to fit, I just can't put my finger on it. All I can say is, rappers and popstars seemed to be a thing in the 90's.

Matthew Perry and...Lizzy Caplan

In case you don't recognise her name, it's Janis from Mean Girls. This couple dated for 6 years and flew amazingly under the radar. I just can't fathom how they possibly met up and there was a 13 year age gap too.

Aaron Johnson and...Sam Taylor-Johnson

After Aaron appeared in the film Nowhere Boy, which Sam directed, she started dating him, even though she was 42 and he was just 18, with the couple announcing their engagement at the film's premiere. They married in 2012, and have 2 daughters, aged 8 and 7. A very rare age-gap success but one that still leaves me scratching my head.

Ashley Olsen and...Lance Armstrong

Literally had no idea about this one until a few days ago. Turns out Ashley dated him way back when she was 20 and he was 35 and he was encouraged to dump her by his minders as she was too young for him. Just like Madonna/Dennis example, it always fascinates me how athletes get together with non-athletes. I don't know, it just seems like a very different world or something. But considering everything that came out about him, I think Ashley's glad this was short-lived.

Ariana Grande and...Pete Davidson

Plenty of cruel comments were made about how Pete's looks made him unsuitable for the gorgeous Ariana and rumours that their engagement was all for publicity were rife. Much was also made about the fact that they were barely together before their engagement announcement when Ariana had barely split from the confessed love of her life, Mac Miller. The engagement fizzled out as quickly as it was announced and we all know what happened next (thank u). This relationship is still one of the biggest mysteries to me and what Ariana saw in him and if she truly wanted to marry him may never get answered.

Kate Beckinsale and...Pete Davidson

No sooner had he split from Ariana, than Pete had moved right on with actress Kate. This time, the 20 year agegap between them (25 and and 45) really raised eyebrows and the fact that Kate seemed like an celebrity who wouldn't normally be seen with anyone who wasn't A-list, especially not one who had just split up from a world famous popstar. Is it just a fling, is it publicity, who knows? But this has to be the wildest romance of the year.

Priyanka Chopra and...Nick Jonas

Is it just me or did this couple come right out of nowhere and boom, they were married? I just think Nick appears too young for her, with the 10-year gap. "Former Bollywood actress marries former Jonas Brother" is a headline that could've only happened in my wildest dreams. And does anyone know how they met? I just don't know how this couple came about and the what and the who and the why.

Andre Agassi and...Barbra Streisand

Tennis player Andre dated Barbra in the early 90's and their union drew considerable attention considering she was a whopping 28 years older than him. He even said in his autobiography: "We agree that we're good for each other, and so what if she's twenty-eight years older? We're simpatico, and the public outcry only adds spice to our connection. It makes our friendship feel forbidden, taboo – another piece of my overall rebellion. Dating Barbra Streisand is like wearing Hot Lava." That last sentence just made my night.

Katy Perry and...Russell Brand

How do an American popstar and British comedian meet? Not surprisingly, their completely different personalities and interests meant this union was doomed from the start, but unbelivably, they did get married, albeit briefly. Don't be surprised if you forgot they were once married, as evidenced on a promotional apperance, even Ellen DeGeneres forgot. And she gave them wedding gifts. On her show.

Taylor Swift and...Calvin Harris

This one is weird to me for one reason and one reason only...it's always so bizarre to me when a fellow Scot gets with a famous American. Seriously, we're so different. To think Adam Wiles from Dumfries dated Taylor Swift, international American superstar is still mind-blowing to me. Trust me, I know what us Scots are like. I bet the whole of Dumfries was saying: "Did you hear that Adam's dating that American lassie?" He was, at the time, Taylor's longest relationship as well. Scotland, represent!

Taylor Swift and...Tom Hiddleston

Fresh off the heels of her break-up with Calvin, this relationship was all over the papers within weeks of the break up. The overly organised paparazzi shots and the bizarre shot of 36-year-old Tom wearing an "I love T.S." t-shirt during her annual 4th July celebration surrounded by a bunch of 20-somethings suggested something was afoot. We'll never truly know if this very brief relationship was real or publicity but it was great gossip fodder while it lasted.

Chloe Green and...Jeremy Meeks

Who and who, you might ask? Chloe Green is the daughter of Topshop boss, Phillip Green. Against every law known to humankind, Chloe ended up dating Jeremy Meeks, who you may know as The Hot Felon. His mugshot went viral some years ago where everyone commented on how this criminal was so handsome. No one knows how these two got together but Jeremy was still married at the time. To make matters even more messy, Chloe became pregnant and their son is nearly a year old. Who knows what will become of these two crazy kids? But this is why I'm so interested in celebrity culture.

Lembit Opik and...Gabriela Irimira

WHO AND WHO? I had to end on a funny one. Only British people will know this one. Lembit was a politician, a Liberal Democrat MP and left his wife for Gabriela, who was one half of The Cheeky Girls, a  Romanian novelty duo who auditioned on UK show, Popstars: The Rivals in 2002. At the time, she was 24 and he was 41. It was quite a scandal. He left politics, she left music. But I think out of this list, this one really takes the cake. To quote The Cheeky Song: "Touch my bum, this is life."

Any additions? There must be way more I haven't even known about!

One I thought was really weird and random (I think they're still dating too)

It's Jessie J and Channing Tatum  :nooo:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

RebeldeFaith
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Katy Perry and...Russell Brand

How do an American popstar and British comedian meet? Not surprisingly, their completely different personalities and interests meant this union was doomed from the start, but unbelivably, they did get married, albeit briefly. Don't be surprised if you forgot they were once married, as evidenced on a promotional apperance, even Ellen DeGeneres forgot. And she gave them wedding gifts. On her show.

:toofunny:

Honestly I didn't even knew they were a thing untill I saw Part Of Me 3D and even after it I had to Google it. :selena:

Something something idk

Zander

Whenever I see pictures of Aaron Johnson & Sam Taylor-Johnson together they just look like mother and son to me :saladga:

Shipper

Where's Lady Gaga and Christian?  :ladyhaha:

They're 17 years apart in age.  

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Antoni

People thought Pete Davidson was too ugly for Ariana? I think he's hot AF.

My name isn't Timmers

Suspiria

@StrawberryBlond you're Scottish?:firega: where from?

OP: I never thought Ariana and Pete were that weird. He's tall and funny, I'm sure he had a very likeable personality.

Caroline Flack and Harry Styles though... very very questionable.

Jacksonotta

While age gaps can cause issues, it is not always the case. Some young people, like myself, are very mature and prefer someone who can match that maturity.

And sometimes love happens. Remember how people (GP) thought Gaga and Taylor were a weird match? 

Just saying ;)

I'm obsessively opposed to the typical...

pink sushi

Honestly Gaga and Christian has got to be one of THE weirdest celebrity romances. :air: 

Their 17 year age gap and the fact that he looks exactly like her DAD. And how he was her biggest STAN with a tattoo of her face on his arm. :air: 

PunkTheFunk

Barbra Streisand and Justin Trudeau's dad, former Canadian PM Pierre Trudeau :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Shipper said:

Where's Lady Gaga and Christian?  :ladyhaha:

They're 17 years apart in age.  

Exactly. This needs to be included.

Marilyn MonHoe
2 hours ago, dynamite said:

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga :neyde:

Hide contents

download.jpg

Hide contents

neyde-spears-png-5.png

Oh my god these pictures I-