Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY: Jagged Little Pill (Alanis Morissette)

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk
2 minutes ago, The Louvre said:

Deserved. The combination does not make sense for me. Luckily there's a standalone Your House acoustic version on Spotify.

Too bad Your House wasn't separate.  It deserves at least a 10.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours

#11: Not The Doctor

alanis_morissette_pictshure.jpg

Average Score: 7.74

Highest Score: 10 @McYves

Lowest Score: 2.25 @corvus albus

Comments:

@corvus albus ~ “I personally don't like the sentiment of this song. I do think that everything Alanis denounces in this song is what friends, family, and partners are supposed to do to a certain level at least. I understand that if a person only uses you that you want to get free of them and I have nothing against that but this song is about showing a poor dude in a very cruel way that he isn't good enough for you. This is a perfectly fine sentiment but this could also not only be done more humanely but less harmful. This is the original Friends (Anne-Marie and Marshmallow) that you send to someone just to destroy their feelings. Not a fan of this one”

@Oriane ~ “I feel that the verses carry on for too long, too bad because the chorus is nice.”

@KooKoo ~ “Very listy, but it works. Decent song.”

@The Louvre ~ “Such a banger. And with meaning too. Alanis insists on being her own person and not being treated like an object.”

Performance:

Ronk
1 minute ago, Reginald said:

Alanis-Morissette.jpg

Sorry I'm late :party:

Can't wait for Ironic to take it's #1 spot

It better be in the top three, at least.

I live outside the space time continuum.

The Louvre
2 minutes ago, rumours said:

#11: Not The Doctor

alanis_morissette_pictshure.jpg

Average Score: 7.74

Highest Score: 10 @McYves

Lowest Score: 2.25 @corvus albus

Comments:

@corvus albus ~ “I personally don't like the sentiment of this song. I do think that everything Alanis denounces in this song is what friends, family, and partners are supposed to do to a certain level at least. I understand that if a person only uses you that you want to get free of them and I have nothing against that but this song is about showing a poor dude in a very cruel way that he isn't good enough for you. This is a perfectly fine sentiment but this could also not only be done more humanely but less harmful. This is the original Friends (Anne-Marie and Marshmallow) that you send to someone just to destroy their feelings. Not a fan of this one”

@Oriane ~ “I feel that the verses carry on for too long, too bad because the chorus is nice.”

@KooKoo ~ “Very listy, but it works. Decent song.”

@The Louvre ~ “Such a banger. And with meaning too. Alanis insists on being her own person and not being treated like an object.”

Performance:

And then, taste flew right out of the window :madge:

Deserved top 5.

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

Mirages
Just now, The Louvre said:

And then, taste flew right out of the window :madge:

Deserved top 5.

I actually agree with this one. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

rumours

#10: Mary Jane

the-real-reason-you-don_t-hear-from-alan

Average Score: 7.75

Highest Score: 10 @McYves @corvus albus @Blue Madonna

Lowest Score: 3 @SamanthaC

Comments:

@corvus albus ~ “Holland!!!! Wait, wrong album. This song paints the picture of a very miserable woman that do anything anymore. The music not only supports this but enhances the mood and creates a great song that you can only listen to in certain situations but is great nonetheless.”

@Oriane ~ “It’s beautiful and soothing.”

@KooKoo ~ “One of the more underrated songs on the album.”

@Ronk ~ “Harkens back to other genres, including partly reminds of country-rock.  Creates mood.  Like the alternating notes bassline.”

@The Louvre ~ “She's referencing Tom Petty's Mary Jane's Last Dance with "You never seem to want to dance anymore", right? That's what I always thought but can't find it on the internet.”

Performance:

Glamourpuss

I knew it would be Mary Jane.

The results are going perfectly so far imo. 

Oriane

When will the evil be defeated though ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Mirages

GGD showing taste for a change :huntyga: usually I don't agree with yall on megarates but so far I do im shook

I'm the bitch that's fragile

rumours
8 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Alanis-Morissette.jpg

Sorry I'm late :party:

Can't wait for Ironic to take it's #1 spot

Yay! Happy to see you here :heart:

The Louvre

I think every song leaving at this point is gonna be lame because I just love this album so much. But Mary Jane's time was here. :bye:

large.jpg

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

rumours
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

When will the evil be defeated though ?

What's the evil?

Do tell

evil on fire GIF

Archived