💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Think Gaga Is A Legend?

Twitter

Featured Posts

Is Lady Gaga considered a music legend now or is she still an established artist in the industry?

If not, explain your thoughts.

If yes, explain when she became one.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The13thNote

She could stop now and people will still talk about her influence decades from now. 

so yes. she is a legend. 

dynamite

Yes, but don't know when. Maybe Born This Way? I just realised she debuted 11 years ago and I'm having an existential crisis. 

KatieJudasGaga4

Yes and for anyone who says no, look at everything she has done. There has been NO ONE like her and everyone will still know about her in 100 years. She became one to me when Just Dance came out.

dynamite
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Yes and for anyone who says no, look at everything she has done. There has been NO ONE like her and everyone will still know about her in 100 years. She became one to me when Just Dance came out.

And reaffirmed it with Judas :sure:

JustAnother
10 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

There are plenty of famous artists from 30-40 years age you probably have never heard of. As much as I love Gaga and I think her talents go past so many others, she still very underrated due to her career only being a decade long. Give her maybe 10 more years, that way she’ll have a good collection discography and many hits. She will probably reach BeyoncĂ© level. 

The13thNote

Politicians, musicians, artists, professors, actors, singers and rappers, and even scientists have claimed she has influenced them. 

She is a decade in with 5 solo albums and two collaborative albums, and she is still a touring force, a fashion headliner, one of the biggest influencers in the world, still topping the charts, has the respect of the critics, and reaches out to everyone from your grandma to the black community to young girls to the gay community to metal heads. Her streaming power on Spotify went from 13M monthly listeners on average in 2017 to 39M monthly listeners on average in 2019. (She's still growing).  She is the only artist this decade to have 5 #1 albums. And if LG6 goes #1 this year (whichit likely will) she will be the only artist ever to achieve 6 #1 albums in a decade. Ever. She has been endorsed by Elton John, Celine Dion, Cher, Michael Jackson, and Paul McCartney. Literally almost every new pop artist would/has named her as one of their biggest artistic influencers. She literally got Obama to consider repealing DADT by screaming on the White House lawn. She has arguably the most famous outfit of all time. She has the most certified platinum female single post-2000. She has an Academy Award, multiple Golden Globes, 9 Grammy's, 13 VMAs, a SAG Award, and has the most viewed Superbowl Halftime Show ever. She also is the only white woman ever to receive a BET Award for her  work on Chillin'. She is ranked a class AA vocalist among her contemporaries. And she's made the Time 100 5 times now. 

I don't know what else we need here (I can go on). But if anyone else were to achieve half this ****, they'd be called a legend. 

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, JustAnother said:

There are plenty of famous artists from 30-40 years age you probably have never heard of. As much as I love Gaga and I think her talents go past so many others, she still very underrated due to her career only being a decade long. Give her maybe 10 more years, that way she’ll have a good collection discography and many hits. She will probably reach BeyoncĂ© level. 

Gaga is already on Beyonce's level though imo. I'm sorry, but Gaga achieved WAY to much to not be considered a legend. Gaga got an Oscar nomination for her acting in her first major role and won an Oscar for her writing skills. Gaga changed the industry for the better and all her achievements really considers her one of the most influential people of all time. Not gonna be rude to you or anything, but you can wait 10 more years until you consider Gaga a legend, but I think she already is.

Doncho

She is on her way to be one :firega:

She has the acclaim, hits, awards, VOICE. She only needs some more years. I cant wait to see all the awards shows giving her the "icon" award or whatever. Its gonna be exciting :excited2:

CommonWhiteGirl

I think she's affirmed herself as a legend in the music industry for sure. Give her a couple more movies to confirm herself in the movie industry. After that, she just needs a Tony and Emmy to become an industry legend :firega:

GagaStefi

I think she's in that weird position where she is one, but still relevant to young people and the GP, like Beyonce. 

Babel

She has always had the star quality of a legend since the beginning of her career but she truly cemented herself as one after the Super Bowl and everything that came afterwards. 

She also has influenced many many new artists of today (Sam Smith, Halsey, Cardi B) and that’s what makes you a legend. 

Archived