💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Is RuPaul's Drag Race over?

Featured Posts

Sepsami
Just now, permotio said:

I thought it was a Netflix show now? In the UK they call it Netflix Original, even though it's not, so I assumed it was available to steam worldwide?

It is but s11 is still not available :neyde: and I cba watching a season months after it's already been aired

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
5 minutes ago, permotio said:

I thought it was a Netflix show now? In the UK they call it Netflix Original, even though it's not, so I assumed it was available to steam worldwide?

No. It is still WOW Presents. But they sold rights to Vh1 and Netflix 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ChromeAngel

All things come to an end. Drag has become a huge part of our culture during the 2010’s but the next decade will have new entertainment

Miel

Objectively, probably not. I think it is currently on a peak right now with ratings, no? It has become kind of a business empire right now, so it's on stable legs for the time being.

That said, there is hot debates regarding the quality of the show itself. Some people think that it has become an over-edited mess and a shell of what it used to be (I think I can agree with this a little bit on the latter half/quarter of AS3 and AS4), while others think that this current main season is a "return to form" but within a mainstream context.

3 points in and ready for more

MarriedToMusic

Hard to say, I think a certain part of the audience is probably moving on. I've watched since s02 in 2010 so it's grown tired for me. But I'm sure there is plenty of young kids watching and it's an important show for them to have so I hope it stays around for a while. 

phantasmas

"the show is declining"

no its not :triggered: episodes are shown in prime time slots for maximum views 
additionally, HUGE companies are paying for ad spots during episodes
(ps, their Emmys say hi)

"the show recycles too many ideas"

uhm, yea... have u never seen a competition show before? if it aint broke... :lolga:

"the show is on too much and people are growing tired"

are you referring to ANTM? :laughga: 
they may be pumping drag race seasons one after the other but there have been
no reruns and i believe there has only been 1 marathon since moving to Vh1

LordEnigma

I still love it and it would be cancelled if the ratings weren’t doing well. However they should do AS5 then take a break to create more hype around All-Stars.

MonsterJay

I feel like there’s a decline but the All Stars decline is soo drastic.

I feel like the AS season that did decently was season 2.

All the others were messy AF

Over? I wouldn't say that because It's still doing great and it's still entertaining, it just feels like it has lost it's spark.

It feels a little repetive at this point. It could do with a break to let the show breathe.

LUO YI

Idk. I stopped caring after episode 3 of season 11. I might give it a chance but now I find it so boring. 

The night sky tells all

2 hours ago, phantasmas said:

"the show is declining"

no its not :triggered: episodes are shown in prime time slots for maximum views 
additionally, HUGE companies are paying for ad spots during episodes
(ps, their Emmys say hi)

"the show recycles too many ideas"

uhm, yea... have u never seen a competition show before? if it aint broke... :lolga:

"the show is on too much and people are growing tired"

are you referring to ANTM? :laughga: 
they may be pumping drag race seasons one after the other but there have been
no reruns and i believe there has only been 1 marathon since moving to Vh1

I never said its declining viewing wise, i meant quality of content. In terms of repetition, the show often repeats a lot of past challenges that are way to similar to previous ones. Im not the only person who thinks there have been too many series of RPDR this year.

Archived