Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Madonna get another big hit?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Madonna is debuting a new single in the next month and it seems she’s coming hard, having booked a slot at Eurovision, one of the most viewed musical events in the world and hitting many key music markets. With this promotional effort, will Madonna finally be able to get another big hit? Her last minor was in 2012 and her last major one was back in 2008. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101

unfortunately i think her time has passed for big hits but for 3 decades she had so many (she had 49 top 40 hits and of those 38 were top 10 which is crazy), i just don’t see it happening for her again

MaryJaneHolland

She can still have a decent-charting single in Europe.

A big hit? Lol no. She doesn't need it anyway.

Thotiana

You never know. For artists as old as her is hard to get a hit. However, Cher and now Billy Ray Cyrus have a number 1 after decades into their careers. But who cares? Madonna already have many hits. 

Economy
Just now, gypsy101 said:

unfortunately i think her time has passed for big hits but for 3 decades she had so many (she had 49 top 40 hits and of those 38 were top 10 which is crazy), i just don’t see it happening for her again

This! Women (and even men) getting hits when they get older is nearly impossible

Cher is the oldest woman to have a big hit. Believe when she was 53

Madonna is 7 years older than Cher was then

TEANUS
2 minutes ago, DailyGaga said:

What's her last big hit?

Her last top 10 in the US was 2012 with Give Me All Your Luvin

Her last big WW smash was 4 Minutes in 2008

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

FfFfFfFF

In Europe she will get attention because of the Eurovision so a moderate European hit is a given... Plus, with so many unexpected names going #1 on Billboard Hot 100 this year maybe it's not that out of reach to be a hit here too. :selena:

Economy
6 minutes ago, Thotiana said:

You never know. For artists as old as her is hard to get a hit. However, Cher and now Billy Ray Cyrus have a number 1 after decades into their careers. But who cares? Madonna already have too many hits.

Cher is an anomaly and an outlier being the oldest woman in music with a #1 hit... Madonna is 7 years older now than Cher was then! So I don't see it being likely

Silvestro Devacelli

Radio is ageist, if they support and she delivers she may have a decent hit.

Economy
2 minutes ago, DailyGaga said:

What's her last big hit?

1 minute ago, TEANUS said:

Her last top 10 in the US was 2012 with Give Me All Your Luvin

Her last big WW smash was 4 Minutes in 2008

In not sure id count Give Me All Your Luvin a hit tho

It debut at #10 the week it got released thanks to the super bowl but immediately tanked out of the charts

A song that just made it in the top 10 for one week and instantly burned out may be a top 10 in technical terms but would I call it a hit? Not a chance

Economy
Just now, Silvestro Devacelli said:

Radio is ageist, if they support and she delivers she may have a decent hit.

I'm curious to see the impact due to streaming if older artists now have a bigger chance

Thotiana
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

In not sure id count Give Me All Your Luvin a hit tho

It debut at #10 the week it got released thanks to the super bowl but immediately tanked out of the charts

A song that just made it in the top 10 for one week and instantly burned out may be a top 10 in technical terms but would I call it a hit? Not a chance

Yea, honestly I think the last time I heard a big hit from Madonna was 4 Minutes. Definitely not Give Me All Your Luvin..

Levine

Apparently she's gonna release a visual album (she filmed several music videos in the last months) and in that way it's more difficult to have a single big hit. But it's not impossible imho.

Who knows, it could be a big hit, I really wouldn't mind :happy:

Archived