Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Madonna faces backlash for performance at Eurovision

Featured Posts

ShayCristoforo

Look what we done did to the earth. He said, she said (oh wait what "she" said is irrelevant because she's a woman) blah blah blah gimme gimme my promised land.
It belongs to the earthworms sis. Next.

Ich schleiban austa be clair

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River

Honestly....... after the election I don't want her to come like f-ck it

But on the other hand, the Eurovision is mainly an LGBTQ+ event and the LGBTQ+ of Israel are entering into 4 difficult years with the most homophobic government that we ever had, think mild Russia kind of government, all the LGBTQ+ advanced process that happened is going to be paused or going backward, so I think they shouldn't be punished, especially when the majority of LGBTQ+ are left and pro-Palestinian and pro-peace.

It's just idk there is a lack of knowledge about the Israeli politics here and I see it very strong, the politics is so complicated and so divided that you need to know it to really understand the players in Israel..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edonis
21 minutes ago, River said:

Honestly....... after the election I don't want her to come like f-ck it

But on the other hand, the Eurovision is mainly an LGBTQ+ event and the LGBTQ+ of Israel are entering into 4 difficult years with the most homophobic government that we ever had, think mild Russia kind of government, all the LGBTQ+ advanced process that happened is going to be paused or going backward, so I think they shouldn't be punished, especially when the majority of LGBTQ+ are left and pro-Palestinian and pro-peace.

It's just idk there is a lack of knowledge about the Israeli politics here and I see it very strong, the politics is so complicated and so divided that you need to know it to really understand the players in Israel..

True. I find this to be an overarching theme in general with Middle Eastern politics on this site/threads about the Middle East.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jose P

Madonna facing backlash.

This has never happened to her, she’s like the most unproblematic artist. :triggered:

 

  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gov Hooka

i hope she says something political about supporting the palestinians and against netanyahu and israel nationalism

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
CannaeDrive

I'm not a fan of hers but she's got every rights to perform there and I see no  reason to bash her for that. People with specific political agenda can easily find more significant issues and battlefield to fight for.

Algorithm, the beat.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
August3

Don't forget that Madonna used her last performance in Russia to promote equality for gays. I hope she does something political at this performance 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImTired
16 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

madonna might be a lot of things but she is not stupid and she is on the right side of history. she will put the performance in the name of peace, freedom and equality. she will make a clear statement for peace, i´m sure.

With a tired trap song that apparently sounds like a Despacito ripoff?

Peace, sweetie, I'm so sorry....

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miracle
1 hour ago, Melech said:

Again. ESC is not a normal concert, it’s an non-political event

A non-political event paid by the illicit government of Israel in an event who's had winners by the likes of Jamala (nothing against Jamala, just pointing that out).

 

I'll be watching Eurovision this year because of Madonna and because it's one of the biggest gay focused events in the world, if not the biggest.  Also I'm really rooting for Iceland to make satiric commentary against the severe neoliberalism of Israel, which it's one of the foundations of their anti-muslim ideology but I'll be super critical of it. 

 

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melech
6 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Also I'm really rooting for Iceland to make satiric commentary against the severe neoliberalism of Israe

If they do they will disqualified. 

 

8 minutes ago, Miracle said:

A non-political event paid by the illicit government of Israel i

Illicit? I thought we are past denying Israel’s existence 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anisko

I Feel sorry for every artist not boycotting a colonial state like Israel. 

Clearly lorde is the only brave artist out there .

All the respect for Jews..  I have nothing against them. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay
1 hour ago, MyQueen said:

 

She should perform 

 

If she performed American Life with pro-Palestine imagery, I’d be spayed 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...