Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Madonna faces backlash for performance at Eurovision

Featured Posts

Bellatrix
4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I am well aware of that. 

Israel joined a couple of years ago if I’m not mistaken. 

Still ironic. Should be only European countries imo. 

It's not ironic when those are the rules. That it should be only Eurovision is simply your own opinion.

• Like 1

gumzy3000

I don’t think you people understand this full situation or context. Madonna has been very critical of the Israeli government and has preached for peace between them and the Palestinians. Doing this performance though makes her a massive hypocrite. The person who funded this performance (paying $1 million) was said to do this in order to uplift Israel’s image to the world. Madonna doing a concert in Israel is different then her doing something like this when she knows clearly the purpose behind it. Rather than criticizing Netanyahu’s comments on how he plans on having no Palestinian state, she decides to do this performance. Madonna is not an idiot and she 100% knows all of this. It’s clear she never really cared about the Palestinians, rather, she just cares about money or controversy or making herself look like some saint

A messy blend of logic and sass
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince
4 minutes ago, Melech said:

A couple of years ago? 1973 they joined the first time. As I said educate yourself before. 

Eurovision never was about just Europe. (Difficult to even define what Europe is, Cyprus is not Europe either in some definitions) It’s the EBU. North African countries could even join. 

I meant EBU but I was mistaken. Apparently they made some new broadcasting company in 2017. 

I still stand by my Europe only opinion. 

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

It's not ironic when those are the rules. That it should be only Eurovision is simply your own opinion.

Yes it is. So why are you coming for me? :rip: 

Morphine Prince

They should hold Eurovision in Brunei next year. 

Politics doesn’t matter :shrug:

• Like 5

Melech
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

meant EBU but I was mistaken. Apparently they made some new broadcasting company in 2017

Yes, but they part of the EBU in the 70’s as well. 

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

They should hold Eurovision in Brunei next year. 

Politics doesn’t matter :shrug:

Brunei is not part of the EBU. 

Morphine Prince
Just now, Melech said:

Brunei is not part of the EBU. 

And what if they were? Would you be happy to hold Eurovision there? 

What about Saudi Arabia? North Korea? 

• Like 6

insight

She couldn't care less. She had so many backlashes before, she must be immune to them by now.

Melech
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And what if they were? Would you be happy to hold Eurovision there? 

What about Saudi Arabia? North Korea? 

They are not, so it’s not important to discuss about that. 

I guess all the popstar should leave the US then ;) 

Edited by Melech

Morphine Prince
Just now, Melech said:

They are not, so it’s not important to discuss about that. 

Actually it is. Since many of you here are arguing politics has no place/is not important to where this event is held. 

Given that logic, I will assume you’d be cheerful to hold Eurovision in North Korea if they were part of the EBU. 

• Like 5

Melech
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Actually it is. Since many of you here are arguing politics has no place/is not important to where this event is held. 

Given that logic, I will assume you’d be cheerful to hold Eurovision in North Korea if they were part of the EBU. 

No, it’s not. It’s just derailing. But since we are derailing, you would be happy if Gaga left the US and never perform in the USA again? 

Morphine Prince
Just now, Melech said:

No, it’s not. It’s just derailing. But since we are derailing, you would be happy if Gaga left the US and never perform in the USA again? 

How is it derailing when others brought it up? You can go back several pages where people are saying it’s not a factor. I’d say my question is on point with the discussion. 

If those are her convictions and she feels she needs to boycott the US then do it. US deserves to be boycotted in some way anyway. I’d be down for it. 

• Like 4

Morphine Prince

Everyone was cheering when artists were boycotting North Carolina cause of the anti-trans policy. 

No different. 

The hypocrisy is so clear. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

AllThingsGaga

If an American entertainer steps foot in any country in the Middle East, someone is going to get pissed off so she can't win, might as well continue to do what she thinks is right.