đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn: "Gay rumors are hurtful"

Runway

Featured Posts

Tranquility

I support what he says here. Some of the professional victims on the Internet get so bothered when straight people express their problems. If you can't be sympathetic or try seeing the perspective of other people who aren't hurting anyone, why the hell should you expect them to recognize whatever bullsh*t you're on. 

And if you think he is actually saying that being gay is a bad thing, you're an absolute idiot,

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dukttape
9 minutes ago, itzyxcx said:

Literally nobody:

Shawn Mendes: Im so not gay

Yeah, no. 

Lextyr97
12 hours ago, Food said:

The comments in this thread disgust me to a certain extent. I know for a fact that many of you have had to deal with sexuality very seriously, either having to deny who you are or have people constantly harrass you about it, yet you think because he's a famous star who's attractive you thirsty twinks can begin to inflict the same on him.

He is most likely straight, but that doesn't mean that he should have to deal with such disgusting rumours. Rumours hurt whether they are true or not, and he already has no private life due to the press. He doesn't need his own fanbase prying.

I ask you all to look in the mirror and consider your actions before you continue making a mockery. Whether he's straight or gay, you're making it needlessly harder for him to live his life and be himself. Grow up and gain some dignity.

Omg get out. Shawn is being legit so homophobic about it. Why does he need to treat rumors of being called gay as if he killed somebody? Like I get it, it’s annoying and everyone reacts differently to things, but Shawn is a public figure. He has an entire team behind him, including a publicist. He needs to stop reacting publicly this way because now it’s just making me view him in a negative light.

I’m pretty sure Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber got it worse than he did and look at him now. Even Bruno Mars has a TON of rumors about him being gay. They brushed off the rumors and even played along a few times and now no one even talks about it like that. Shawn keeps bringing this **** to light and making it seem like the worst thing to ever happen. A panic attack watching a movie about two gay guys? Are you kidding me? Why is that something he feels the need to publicize?

I feel bad for Shawn because I have been in his shoes IN A SENSE that I’ve constantly been accused before I was ready but I NEVER demeaned being gay just to get the point across. 

I supported the LGBT community before I ever considered myself a part of it or before anyone even knew. Shawn, in the way he’s publicly handling this, is doing more damage in my opinion because now with him getting all defensive all the freaking time just makes me more suspicious. 

1) How did you come to the conclusion that Shawn is being homophobic about it? Nothing he's said or done would suggest so, and he's blatantly noted how it may affect those who see the interaction and may feel uncomfortable to come out. 

2) Being a public figure does not rob Shawn of the right to react to this sort of gossip. It's his prerogative. And I love the hubris demonstrated here when you say that he should stop reacting like this because it makes YOU view him in a negative light, as if that should therefore affect his actions at all.

3) Other celebrities having worse times does not constitute a good reason for continuing to harass him about his sexuality. It's not a competition where the biggest victim gets the right to defend themselves. Admittedly, it probably would have faded if he didn't address it, but it's his decision if he wants to use his voice.

4) Shawn isn't making being gay seem like "the worst thing to ever happen". In this instance, he's not even talking about being gay. He's talking about being ACCUSED FREQUENTLY of being gay. And whilst that's not the worst thing to happen, it's certainly not something that we should be advocating for. 

5) Where did he demean the idea of being gay? 

6) The way he publicly denies it probably does make it more suspicious, but that's not really the point. Whether it's suspicious or a reach, people shouldn't be constantly annoying him in the first place.

Shawn could have handled it better, but by no means is it an excuse for the incessant and unreasonable harassment he's getting. If he is indeed gay, then this is only going to make it harder for him in the long run. Let it be.

49 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Omg get out. Shawn is being legit so homophobic about it. Why does he need to treat rumors of being called gay as if he killed somebody? Like I get it, it’s annoying and everyone reacts differently to things, but Shawn is a public figure. He has an entire team behind him, including a publicist. He needs to stop reacting publicly this way because now it’s just making me view him in a negative light.

I’m pretty sure Nick Jonas and Justin Bieber got it worse than he did and look at him now. Even Bruno Mars has a TON of rumors about him being gay. They brushed off the rumors and even played along a few times and now no one even talks about it like that. Shawn keeps bringing this **** to light and making it seem like the worst thing to ever happen. A panic attack watching a movie about two gay guys? Are you kidding me? Why is that something he feels the need to publicize?

I feel bad for Shawn because I have been in his shoes IN A SENSE that I’ve constantly been accused before I was ready but I NEVER demeaned being gay just to get the point across. 

I supported the LGBT community before I ever considered myself a part of it or before anyone even knew. Shawn, in the way he’s publicly handling this, is doing more damage in my opinion because now with him getting all defensive all the freaking time just makes me more suspicious. 

1) How did you come to the conclusion that Shawn is being homophobic about it? Nothing he's said or done would suggest so, and he's blatantly noted how it may affect those who see the interaction and may feel uncomfortable to come out. 

2) Being a public figure does not rob Shawn of the right to react to this sort of gossip. It's his prerogative. And I love the hubris demonstrated here when you say that he should stop reacting like this because it makes YOU view him in a negative light, as if that should therefore affect his actions at all.

3) Other celebrities having worse times does not constitute a good reason for continuing to harass him about his sexuality. It's not a competition where the biggest victim gets the right to defend themselves. Admittedly, it probably would have faded if he didn't address it, but it's his decision if he wants to use his voice.

4) Shawn isn't making being gay seem like "the worst thing to ever happen". In this instance, he's not even talking about being gay. He's talking about being ACCUSED FREQUENTLY of being gay. And whilst that's not the worst thing to happen, it's certainly not something that we should be advocating for. 

6) The way he publicly denies it probably does make it more suspicious, but that's not really the point. Whether it's suspicious or a reach, people shouldn't be constantly annoying him in the first place.

Shawn could have handled it better, but by no means is it an excuse for the incessant and unreasonable harassment he's getting. If he is indeed gay, then this is only going to make it harder for him in the long run. Let it be.

DelusionalGaga
14 minutes ago, Food said:

Thank you :applause:

NewYorkCity
18 hours ago, Allan said:

I didn't know he was 20 and now I feel disgusted for all the times he's been sexualized tbh

not like he didn't sexualize himself... he's an adult. 

JusKeepBreathin

Straight white men are so often hurt. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

uo111
14 hours ago, Indeciso said:

This mentality it's so wrong.

But when we see straight boys drooling for hot women we say it's creepy and misogynistic?

No, we say “get those views!”

Riri got billions (I mean literally BILLIONS) of views from teenagers masturbating to her. Girl, get them coins.

Blue wig
19 hours ago, MrDarkGa said:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. 

In a straight dominated world, a straight idol appearing fearful of being called gay and stating it causes him signicant mental distress to the degree that he has said he augments his character and obsessively watches himself back to clock any feminine qualities is arguably going to force more gays into the closet as theyre possibly already doing this.

Its possible that Shawn owning the rumors or simply letting them roll off him could give them strength to come out or at least embrace themselves more. It could have them think "well if a straight guy can treat being gay as utter normality and even own his own femininity publicly, maybe I can do it too." 

Ah, I see, didn't think about that!

At least he has a thought of the effects of the rumours on other people, he's not reacting only with "ew, being gay is disgusting". I kind of get the feeling that he's trying to react positively to the situation and to make a change, rather than not react at all. He seems to see the impact of him being a celbrity, and his influence...

(Also, the way the gays obsess over him is unhealthy and almost creepy, I'd understand if he were hostile to us :toofunny:)

19 hours ago, Bolkins said:

I aint disagreeing, I personally couldn’t give two shits either way. It’s just he’s not the only one who’s had this sort of thing in their career and to have this whole little tiz over it is a bit much, so just ask Harry on how to deal with it and stop bringing it up yk.

Harry is bisexual and came out in a long and then lost his tizz. Shawn is being forcibly told to come out when he may not even be gay

Kattys
15 hours ago, Successga said:

Nothing hurtful about gay rumors. Is being gay a shame or something?

Lmao what? Nobody wants to be called a person that he/she isn’t. I don’t want to be called lesbian because that is not true, is this concept too difficult? Jeez... I thought that LGBT environment would be accepting and understanding but look what is written in this thread :/

ShayCristoforo
21 hours ago, Eggs said:

Can someone please translate his fluff into actual English? Why is he arguing that it's hurtful? 

He's trying to mask his discomfort at being called gay, as some grandiose empathy for everyone else who gets teased or misunderstood. 
But I think his discomfort is simply that. These accusations just make him uncomfortable. Either because he's str8 and feels attacked, or he's trying to hide something... :reductive:   (which is also fine. for now.)

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived