💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn: "Gay rumors are hurtful"

Runway

Featured Posts

Runway

Shawn Mendes is speaking out again about rumors that have been swirling around about his sexuality for the past few years.

The 20-year-old singer explained why he finds the rumors to be "hurtful."

“For me it’s hurtful,” Shawn told The Guardian. “I get mad when people assume things about me because I imagine the people who don’t have the support system I have and how that must affect them.”

“That was why I was so angry, and you can see I still get riled up, because I don’t think people understand that when you come at me about something that’s stupid you hurt so many other people. They might not be speaking, but they’re listening," he added.

Shawn also brought up his 2018 Rolling Stone cover story, in which he said, “I feel like I need to go be seen with someone -- like a girl -- in public, to prove to people that I’m not gay.”

The singer previously criticized the article and now he says, “It made me seem so creepy. If anything, the article made me realize your career isn’t over if people think you’re not perfect.”

https://t.co/af4vakK8ua?amp=1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please translate his fluff into actual English? Why is he arguing that it's hurtful? 

Dilwyn

i get that can be annoying, but he makes it seem like is such a bad thing

Like get over it man, if you're not gay then you're not no need to be crying about every interview.

Taide
Just now, Sugden said:

i get that can be annoying, but he makes it seem like is such a bad thing

Like get over it man, if you're not gay then you're not no need to be crying about every interview.

This. :applause:

Allan

I didn't know he was 20 and now I feel disgusted for all the times he's been sexualized tbh

ChromeAngel

Get over it. It’s a complement that millions of charged up twinks drool over you :whitney:

LaMaisonGaga

He‘s so brave. Thanks for sharing your story.

lamaisongaga.com

Knife
2 minutes ago, Allan said:

I didn't know he was 20 and now I feel disgusted for all the times he's been sexualized tbh

I know, right?

Sexualizing adults is weird and needs to stop. No exceptions. :crossed:

DelusionalGaga

People need to get over themselves. I'm sure there will be plenty  who will find a way to spin this into: "Shawn thinks being gay is something bad". But the matter of the fact is nobody likes to be the butt of the joke all the time. Making a snide remark once? Fine. But it must really suck that everyone has been doing it for years and refuse to take him seriously. 

TheSlash

Well, he actually hurt me :madge: . He lets it seem like being gay is the worst people can think of someone. I understand it can be annoying being called gay, but you can stand above it and laugh at it instead of making "being gay" an insult. I'm not gay (I'm bi :fan: ), but this is just a "kick in the face" for gay ( or any LGBT) people :neyde: .

Spoiler

Yes, I really was pressed and I had to rant and now I feel better :gayhat:

Ew, David!

Head Empty

Sexuality is an extremely personal and sensitive topic. Making jokes about it once or twice is fine. But I completely understand how tiring it must be when people keep pushing and pushing. These jokes have been going for, what, over two years now? 

Archived