Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn: "Gay rumors are hurtful"

Runway

Featured Posts

sampool
2 hours ago, Eggs said:

Can someone please translate his fluff into actual English? Why is he arguing that it's hurtful? 

Being mislabeled isn’t a good feeling.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

He could hurt me 

what happened with that straight guy??? did he hurt you?:lolga:

Seeka

He needs to be in therapy. Not on an "I'm not gay" PR tour. 

We can't stop the fandom. Too many people. We can blame a fandom, but him and his pr peeps feed on said fandom. We all know that someone behind the curtain is giving Shawn suggestions. 

But he's in the position to receive therapy. He is purposely making this public. 

While I feel for him, I can't respect him because he's making bad decisions. 

JustAnother

Some people obviously don’t know how annoying it can be when people continuously accuse you of something as a joke. Can you imagine if people kept saying Gaga had a ****, and that was the only thing they talked about? Can you imagine your career consisting mostly of a joke that’s not even true? It would be annoying as ****, regardless. 

Weasel
1 hour ago, DelusionalGaga said:

People need to get over themselves. I'm sure there will be plenty  who will find a way to spin this into: "Shawn thinks being gay is something bad". But the matter of the fact is nobody likes to be the butt of the joke all the time. Making a snide remark once? Fine. But it must really suck that everyone has been doing it for years and refuse to take him seriously. 

I'm sorry but let's not act as if everyone is attacking him for his sexuality when only gays on ATRL are joking about it. I'm pretty sure his concerts are filled with 90% girls who aren't even aware of this supposed sexuality. 

Besides, you do realize the only reason it's mentioned again is to get press talking again, right? If he thought it was that hurtful he would've simply denied to answer questions about it. But no, instead he's milking it himself because I'm pretty sure his label knows his selling factor is his looks and therefore his current relationship is a hot topic that sells. 

Bolkins

Maybe he should get some advice from Harry Styles on dodging topics about sexuality instead of whining about it. 

Inferno
2 hours ago, Sugden said:

i get that can be annoying, but he makes it seem like is such a bad thing

Like get over it man, if you're not gay then you're not no need to be crying about every interview.

I perceived this more as...his possibly being gay is perpetuated as a joke. To keep perpetuating being gay as a joke is ultimately hurtful for a myriad of reasons.

2 hours ago, Eggs said:

Can someone please translate his fluff into actual English? Why is he arguing that it's hurtful? 

How would you feel if you were called gay all the time? I got that in high school for years before I even knew I was gay and trust me...it's annoying, and does kinda hurt.

people need to leave him alone tbh

3 minutes ago, Bolkins said:

Maybe he should get some advice from Harry Styles on dodging topics about sexuality instead of whining about it. 

He said he's straight...a million times

Gays just desperate, hoping he's gay and trying to force something that obviously isn't there. If he is, let him come out in his own damn time! He's 20 years old ffs

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Timmers said:

I interpreted the imperfect comment much differently. Half of the internet who thinks he's gay want him to be. But there's the other half, the toxic masc straight guys who won't listen to his music and maybe who even harass him online because they think he's gay. Being gay is imperfect to that half. Like "I have to stop worrying that other guys like me think less of me because they think I'm gay." 

I extremely doubt any straight guy would give a damn whether Shawn was gay or not. That's kind of a stretch.

chaeri pls

26 minutes ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

Either way he still deserves to not be hounded about his sexuality. Whether the rumors and speculation are true or not, it doesn’t matter. Everyone should just respect what that person says they are. If someone says they’re straight, then we have no other job other than to respect that. I also don’t think someone saying they’re straight before coming out is a shtick, it just means they aren’t ready to announce who they are to the world. If Shawn says he’s straight, then everyone should respect that he’s straight, because his sexual orientation is no one else’s business but his own. 

Not making excuses for the way the public treats him, I don't agree with it either. I just don't think he's going about it the best way, you can't control the world around you but you can control your actions in order to have a better outcome than what is going on right now.

DelusionalGaga
26 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'm sorry but let's not act as if everyone is attacking him for his sexuality when only gays on ATRL are joking about it. I'm pretty sure his concerts are filled with 90% girls who aren't even aware of this supposed sexuality. 

Besides, you do realize the only reason it's mentioned again is to get press talking again, right? If he thought it was that hurtful he would've simply denied to answer questions about it. But no, instead he's milking it himself because I'm pretty sure his label knows his selling factor is his looks and therefore his current relationship is a hot topic that sells. 

So you're saying no one is gossiping about his sexuality and in the same breath you're claiming that him talking about the possibility of being gay somehow sells? Yeah, sure Joanne. 

He's only 20. Maybe he doesn't know how to handle media well? Maybe he doesn't really want to deny interviewers? Maybe he wants to address all of this specifically because it's hurtful? 

And if you think it's only ATRL, then you're kidding yourself. It's always an issue whenever something about Shawn is posted on Twitter. People write that stuff under his IG pictures. There are even celebrities like Gus Kenworthy who make jokes about it publicly. Even here on GGD, you cannot make a topic about Shawn without people commenting 20 different kinds of homophobic jokes. 

Bolkins
11 minutes ago, Rio said:

He said he's straight...a million times

Gays just desperate, hoping he's gay and trying to force something that obviously isn't there. If he is, let him come out in his own damn time! He's 20 years old ffs

I aint disagreeing, I personally couldn’t give two shits either way. It’s just he’s not the only one who’s had this sort of thing in their career and to have this whole little tiz over it is a bit much, so just ask Harry on how to deal with it and stop bringing it up yk.

Lextyr97

I get how annoying it can be but every time he opens his mouth about being gay, he just makes it worse. He’s handling the situation like absolute crap (seriously, why is his publicist not stopping him?) The more defensive he is, the more we will think he is gay. I’m not defending the comments we make but seriously, Shawn needs to choose his public statements more wisely and vent in a non publicized way. He’s doing exactly what most deep in the closet males do, and making homosexuality seem like a bad thing or a flaw. 

Archived