Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Singapore minister puts Gaga on 'offensive lyrics' list

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - American pop stars Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande are on an “offensive lyrics” list presented to members of parliament in socially-conservative Singapore as part of a statement by the city-state’s home minister on hate speech.

Singapore keeps a tight rein on public speech and the media, especially when it comes to race and religion.

A photo of the ministerial statement on “restricting hate speech” was posted on Facebook by opposition MP Chen Show Mao on Monday with the caption “lesson of the day”. The post had been shared more than 1,000 times and received hundreds of comments by Tuesday afternoon.

The list cited Lady’s Gaga’s ‘Judas’ and Ariana Grande’s ‘God is a woman’, alongside songs ‘Heresy’ by Nine Inch Nails and ‘Take me to the Church’ by Hozier.

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have both held concerts in Singapore.

K. Shanmugam, Singapore’s home affairs minister, said in a Facebook post on Tuesday that he gave the list as an illustration of things people may find offensive.

“Doesn’t mean that it can all get banned, just because some people find it offensive,” Shanmugam, who is also the law minister, posted.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-singapore-politics-music/lady-gaga-ariana-grande-on-singapore-parliament-offensive-playlist-idUSKCN1RE0AL

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Babel

Ava Max can't relate! Stream the Song of the Century "So Am I" right now!

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

Now Gaga should release Partynauseous. :ally:

Jakarta is in Indonesia

ARTPOPSTER
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Jakarta is in Indonesia

I meant rerelease with new lyrics.

And to think she made an ad for Singapore

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

YourCureness

What's so controversial with Judas the song anyway? It's pretty obvious that the whole song is a metaphor for having a relationship with a toxic person. 

LUO YI
6 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

What's so controversial with Judas the song anyway? It's pretty obvious that the whole song is a metaphor for having a relationship with a toxic person. 

Conservative/religious people don't think like that :saladga:

The night sky tells all

Lemon Pie
22 minutes ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

Now Gaga should rerelease Partynauseous with new lyrics. :ally:

yassssss!!!!:firega:

Spoiler

:ally:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

Archived