Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

BB Digital Chart: Shallow longest #1 by a lead woman

Debithius

Featured Posts

Debithius

The song is the longest-leading No. 1 on the sales tally by a lead woman.

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's "Shallow" reaches a pair of chart milestones, topping the Digital Song Sales survey (dated April 6) for a 10th week and ascending to the top 10 on the Radio Songs chart.

The ballad is now the sole longest-leading Digital Song Sales No. 1 by a female in a lead role, passing the nine-week command of Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" in 2005.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/chart-beat/8505120/lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-shallow-digital-song-sales-radio-songs-charts

androiduser

nice achievement, and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but it is equally a song by a lead female and a lead male

weed
Just now, androiduser said:

nice achievement, and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but it is equally a song by a lead female and a lead male

my parade was just cancelled bc of all of your rain, thanks a lot 

JustAnother

How is Gaga the lead role if they’re both equally credited (aka it’s not Gaga ft.). 

Runway
6 minutes ago, androiduser said:

2 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

How is Gaga the lead role if they’re both equally credited (aka it’s not Gaga ft.). 

You don’t read. It says “by a female in a lead role”

nowhere does it say gaga is more important than Cooper or what ever you are reaching at

LoveNathe

Honestly surprised with all of the achievements this song has received. But yaaas, queen! :queenga:

JustAnother
4 minutes ago, Runway said:

You don’t read. It says “by a female in a lead role”

And what movie was Gwen a lead role in where she sang Hollaback Girl?

Runway
Just now, JustAnother said:

What? Lead role in the song :saladga:

Runway
2 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

I do read hunny. OP makes No sense.

You really don’t. It’s Billboard keeping track of this records and statistics. Not OP pulling them out their ass

Arturo

How does the OP make no sense when Billboard themselves are calling it a female-led song. lol

jaXXXon
1 hour ago, JustAnother said:

Gwen is the lead artist on Hollaback Girl. Gaga is the lead artist on Shallow. Bradley doesn't change that. This record means that the longest-running #1 with a female lead credit is Shallow. Gaga isn't a feature on the track, so she's a lead, get it?

Virgin Ryan

Gaga has more parts in the song than Bradley, that's why she's the lead, no? :ohwell:

Miel
Just now, Virgin Ryan said:

Gaga has more parts in the song than Bradley, that's why she's the lead, no? :ohwell:

I agree. I guess they're also being ambiguous, because she's also lead writer and a lead producer, so that could count too?

3 points in and ready for more

Archived