Catnikko

Question  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Nicki is pretty much the most talented rapper in recent times

• Yup
    • Nope

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan

ARTPOP era Gaga was still more successful than she is right now. AP is like the most successful flop of the 21st century.. And yeah, Nicki is actually talented, but her material has been so trashy for the past 4 or 5 years. She used to be so good and Pink Friday was awesome. She also has bad character and she really needs an attitude adjustment.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJRocketMan
9 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

Lol what? first off artrave was damn ugly, second why would nicki cancel by choice and come up with the sam excuse that's now had her DRAGGED all over the internet :air: I saw her in Bham and the next day she cancelled ireland cos the boats couldn't get the stage across sea in the weather

Your opinion of the tour's artistic direction has absolutely nothing to do with the execution, the logistics, and the planning. One is subjective, the other is objective. It was a complete tour because everything that actually mattered went right and the tour was handled in a very professional manner. As a matter of fact, Gaga never canceled an ArtRave date all.

You know what? Since you brought up the (very subjective) artistic choices made by the singers regarding their tours, we're going to intelligently talk about it. ArtRave wasn't ugly at all. The stage lighting was brilliant and the concerts were never too dark or poorly illuminated. The setlist was awesome (my opinion because ARTPOP is my favorite album of hers). The catwalk was very inventive and the fact that she had a mini stage that stretched way outside the main stage was a wonderful idea. Her costumes were cuter and a lot more fun than the other tours (the Octopus was awesome). The dancers were cool too and appropriate for the setting. While the tour wasn't as elaborate or theatrical as the Born This Way Ball (her best tour ever), it served it's purpose and lived up to its name. It's a rave. It's not supposed to be dark, moody, and melodramatic. It's supposed to be wild, frenetic, rowdy, and colorful.

The only real drawback was that the integrity of the stage setup was seriously compromised when she was performing in stadiums or amphitheaters as there was no room for the catwalk, and the props on the main stage (the castle) weren't interesting enough to make up for the lack of dynamics and heightened interactivity that the catwalk offered. The Monster Ball 2.0, Born This Way Ball, and Joanne World Tour offered a better main stage. Nothing that Minaj has offered even matches up to the ArtRave, both in terms of stage setup and costume design (I don't think she ever had any fixed costumes for the tour). The ArtRave is still better than the majority of other pop shows. If you wanna rebuke me, then the opportunity is all yours.

Archived