đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Shallow goes Top 10 on US Radio

Runway

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu
4 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

She has to release something radio friendly as her lead.

If radio friendly nowadays means basic trap beats like 7 rings and Without Me, Gaga will never do that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CanadaGoesGaga

Shallow is radio friendly. The issue is American radio stations are run by idiots. 

FATCAT
26 minutes ago, Ayria said:

If only US radio had been on board from the start. 

Granted we got the #1 without much radio play, we can't really peak higher.

Purr more, hiss less.

RochestrMonstr
15 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

If radio friendly nowadays means basic trap beats like 7 rings and Without Me, Gaga will never do that.

And she doesn’t need to! I would rather Gaga put out an amazing song (like she always does) and have it chart however it charts than have her release something basic and awful like 7 rings just to get a hit!

Economy
6 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

And she doesn’t need to! I would rather Gaga put out an amazing song (like she always does) and have it chart however it charts than have her release something basic and awful like 7 rings just to get a hit!

I really don't get what's so Terrible about 7 rings

RochestrMonstr
1 minute ago, Economy said:

The awful parts where she mumbles her words like a drunk person. 

Economy
2 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

The awful parts where she mumbles her words like a drunk person. 

So? And how many Gaga songs have plain giberish that doesn't mean anything?

RochestrMonstr
1 minute ago, Economy said:

So? And how many Gaga songs have plain giberish that doesn't mean anything?

But in those cases it’s usually complete randomness and usually in between Gaga’s fire choruses and there’s a lot more going on.

In 7 rings it’s clearly going for the “mumble rap” thing, which I don’t care for from anyone, not just Ariana.

I’m not trying to argue or anything,I just don’t care for 7 rings and hope Gaga never gives us a mumble rap song. Personal opinion. 

Arturo

Nice. When Radio Songs on Billboard updates next Monday it’ll be her 11th Top 10 on Radio Songs and her first since Applause hit #7 on Radio Songs in 2013.

Serial Chiller
39 minutes ago, Economy said:

It’s awful because it’s so uninspiring. The theme, the lyrics, the aesthetics. Everything justs points toward her trying to be a hip “gangsta”, cringy af. There’s no melody. The only thing that bears any semblance to a melody is cut and pasted from My favorite things. Musically there’s nothing happening, an extreme case of the “minimalistic trap hop sound”. LWYMMD similarly lacks a memorable hook, but at least Taylor had the  campiness thing going that makes it cheesy but enjoyable- guilty pleasure. 

7 rings is the kind of songs that faux-hood teens play in their parents’ basement while smoking weed with their eyes half closed, waving around their Hot Topic bling. 

somnambulist
2 hours ago, Ayria said:

Hopefully this means radio will be on board for her next era, because you can’t do well on the charts as a female popstar over 30 without radio. 

I mean, she got a #1 without radio......

Gagaloo911
2 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Without Me basing basic "trap"?? Like do you know what trap even is :ladyhaha:

7R I'll give you, but Without Me is as pop as it gets :huntyga:

OT: #2019RadioIsOurs

19 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

I mean, she got a #1 without radio......

Shallow was an exception though

Economy
On 3/27/2019 at 1:36 PM, Serial Chiller said:

It’s awful because it’s so uninspiring. The theme, the lyrics, the aesthetics. Everything justs points toward her trying to be a hip “gangsta”, cringy af. There’s no melody. The only thing that bears any semblance to a melody is cut and pasted from My favorite things. Musically there’s nothing happening, an extreme case of the “minimalistic trap hop sound”. LWYMMD similarly lacks a memorable hook, but at least Taylor had the  campiness thing going that makes it cheesy but enjoyable- guilty pleasure. 

7 rings is the kind of songs that faux-hood teens play in their parents’ basement while smoking weed with their eyes half closed, waving around their Hot Topic bling. 

I don't know I guess it's a matter of personal opinion

Personally I dont get the obsession some ppl have with every single having to be so deep and "inspiring"

There's room in music to have songs that don't really mean much and are literally just bops u don't have to take seriously

Gaga herself has had songs like that such as Love Game, Telephone, Just Dance etc

Archived