💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

People couldn’t name “Avatar” characters

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Seeka
1 hour ago, iCpro said:

A lot of people seem to be missing the point when it comes to avatar. The focus of the movie isn’t the plot or characters, but the visual effects. The movie remains one of the most groundbreaking and influential films in the world of visual effects, so it seems silly to disregard it as having no impact as I see many people doing recently. It had a huge impact, just not in the traditional way that we expect.

He's the thing though. Everyone is seeking better graphics. It wasn't like if Avatar was never released we would be stagnating. 

And I hate to say this but I'll take 8-bit graphics with an awesome story and memorable characters then like something I entirely forgot. 

Like yeah it made an impact but like... Not really? What's the point of a story if nothing about it is memorable?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sassy McSass

I happen to love this movie. I know people have issues with the storytelling not being very original, but I still think it makes its point as to why we should protect the environment. James Cameron also became very engaged in environmental causes while making it. And the special effects were something else. 

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

Reality
30 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Right?! And Titanic only achieved those figures with a re-release in 2011 or something :messga:

EDIT: "A 3D version of Titanic, released on April 4, 2012, to commemorate the centennial of the sinking, earned it an additional $343.6 million worldwide, pushing the film's worldwide total to $2.18 billion and making it the second film to gross more than $2 billion worldwide (after Avatar)" - from Wikipedia

James Cameron's ambition, holy hell :air:

Let's see what Endgame will do :hor:

Jk, but I do think it'll join the $2 billion club. 

🃏🖤👹

Pacify Him

Same. I also haven't gotten around to finishing it :ladyhaha:

I’m getting on your nerves

iCpro
25 minutes ago, Seeka said:

He's the thing though. Everyone is seeking better graphics. It wasn't like if Avatar was never released we would be stagnating. 

And I hate to say this but I'll take 8-bit graphics with an awesome story and memorable characters then like something I entirely forgot. 

Like yeah it made an impact but like... Not really? What's the point of a story if nothing about it is memorable?

I feel like you didn’t read what I said... the impact the film made was in terms of how far it pushed film technology. The thing people remember avatar for is the visuals, not the story. Sure, you may prefer a good story over good visuals, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. It’s the highest grossing film of all time because of its visuals.

Of course everyone is seeking better vfx, but that doesn’t mean everyone has the capability to actually develop it. James Cameron was able to create the technology to do what seemed near impossible at the time, and propel the industry way ahead of where it would have been without avatar.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

zakariah

I can't believe there's gonna be like 4 more sequels of Avatar, like no one really loved it THAT much, James Cameron, it was literally a fad

imnotyourbabe10

Really disliked this film upon my first and only viewing.  However, my inner-radicalized environmental self feels like I need to watch it again years later?  Didn't it have some leftist radness to it?  :huh:

FFXSoul91

I can remember the plot and the actors and I remember liking it, but definitely no names without cheating.

Honestly, though, Titanic should have stayed on top.

JusKeepBreathin

I still can't remember the plot either. 

Were we all brainwashed at the same time.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Curunir
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

Let's see what Endgame will do :hor:

Jk, but I do think it'll join the $2 billion club. 

I'm actually hoping it beats the record, but then again Star Wars The Force Awakens couldn't do that and it was probably the most hyped release in history :air:

However I am pretty sure that $2 bil is on lock :legend:

Archived