movie

People couldn’t name “Avatar” characters

LateToCult

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daredevil

i can’t even remember the plot. except that it’s another one of those mighty whitey plots on an other planet  :sis:

LateToCult
2 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

i can’t even remember the plot. except that it’s another one of those mighty whitey plots on an other planet  :sis:

A lot of people are saying it’s basically Pocahontas in space :messga:

holy scheisse

Never seen this movie. Is it really not aging well or something? 

Regina George
32 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It still blows my mind that this movie made $2.7 billion

Why tho? It was revolutionary at the time and wasn’t it the first 3D movie experience ever? Story is actually pretty good also.. If you take all of this in consideration then it’s pretty clear why it made $2.7 billion. 

Glamourpuss
36 minutes ago, iCpro said:

A lot of people seem to be missing the point when it comes to avatar. The focus of the movie isn’t the plot or characters, but the visual effects. The movie remains one of the most groundbreaking and influential films in the world of visual effects, so it seems silly to disregard it as having no impact as I see many people doing recently. It had a huge impact, just not in the traditional way that we expect.

Yes and it was one of the first to come out in 3D so people were going to the cinema and watching the amazing effects in 3D. I went and it was a great experience. The storyline was poor but that didn't matter to me because the visuals were amazing. 

I remember reports that people were depressed afterwards because real life doesn't compare to how beautiful their world is. I could understand that. 

Reality
23 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Why tho? It was revolutionary at the time and wasn’t it the first 3D movie experience ever? Story is actually pretty good also.. If you take all of this in consideration then it’s pretty clear why it made $2.7 billion. 

It's just that that number is sooooo high. Titanic is just under it and it "only" made $2.1 billion. 

🃏🖤👹

gumzy3000

Avatar is one of those movies I liked a lot but I wouldn’t watch it more than once every 2-3 years. It’s just too big, bold and ambitious. 

trolly troll troll

FlopSlurper

I thought this was about The Last Airbender (the only "avatar" related thing that matters along with Korra) and I was ready to drag a bitch :madge:

Curunir
31 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It's just that that number is sooooo high. Titanic is just under it and it "only" made $2.1 billion. 

Right?! And Titanic only achieved those figures with a re-release in 2011 or something :messga:

EDIT: "A 3D version of Titanic, released on April 4, 2012, to commemorate the centennial of the sinking, earned it an additional $343.6 million worldwide, pushing the film's worldwide total to $2.18 billion and making it the second film to gross more than $2 billion worldwide (after Avatar)" - from Wikipedia

James Cameron's ambition, holy hell :air:

DutchHooker
1 hour ago, LadyLuca said:

iroh

azula

ozai

General zhao

Ty Lee
Suki
Mai
And technically it was admiral zhao :vegas:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Archived