The Best Female Vocalists Ever!

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

LadyxGaGa
7 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

:fail:

@Mirages

You posted this a while ago :

" but Mariah doesn’t have the legacy or vocal power as Perry and she was able to make kind of a comeback with The Emancipation of Mimi, hell even We Belong Together was somewhat of a hit and got her back in the spotlight. "

Are you serious? We Belong Together is considered the hit of the decade. And did you really just say Katy is better vocally than Mariah. Sis,..

wow the receipts are hot off the press. I still stand by what I said tho, like I’m not a fan of Katy Perry or anything. I frankly think she is a little one dimensional, but what I meant with that post was it Mariah can make like a little comeback then so can Katy. 

And really? you think she should be that high on the list? With her 5 octave vocal range, her 18 #1 hits, her over 200 million albums sold, her impact on the pop/hip hop duo thing with Fantasy feat ODB, need I say more? She shouldn’t be on the list AT ALL

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LadyxGaGa
6 hours ago, Mirages said:

I can't take this seriously :ladyhaha: like literally Mariah was compared to Whitney when she started. Doesn't have enough power in her voice? :sharon:  Vision of Love alone has more power, versatility and creativity behind the vocal than any Katy song. And that's no shade no nothing but you can't compare a hitmaker to a legend like that and keep saying she doesn't have the legacy, she's got two songs considered to be song of the decade and twice as much #1s as Katy. I don't understand why people keep throwing shade Maria's way. What she did in her career was groundbreaking and set a couple of trends without Fantasy remix there would not be even Kathy's E. T. remix so @LadyxGaGa take your shady ass over to the table and take a several seats. 

I am not being shady but expressing my POV. I really don’t think Mariah Carey had that much of an impact when she started out, sure she was having hit after hit after hit, she was being the new it girl, she became the it music girl of the 90’s, and I guess it was a super small, mild shift in music when she did that song with ODB but I doubt she created a whole genre that followed suit. l o l 

Mirages
2 hours ago, LadyxGaGa said:

I am not being shady but expressing my POV. I really don’t think Mariah Carey had that much of an impact when she started out, sure she was having hit after hit after hit, she was being the new it girl, she became the it music girl of the 90’s, and I guess it was a super small, mild shift in music when she did that song with ODB but I doubt she created a whole genre that followed suit. l o l 

Girl I can't you is funny :ladyhaha:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

LadyxGaGa
1 hour ago, Mirages said:

Girl I can't you is funny :ladyhaha:

thanks for understanding sarcasm lol

Mirages
2 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

thanks for understanding sarcasm lol

200.gif

I'm the bitch that's fragile

diamondheartxx
13 hours ago, darkpaw said:

Tbh Beyoncé shouldn’t be that high. I don’t  consider her one of the best vocalist. She’s higher on the list that Toni Braxton, Sarah Mclachlan and Jennifer Hudson.

.. You know what this list is CANCELLED! :triggered:

Beyonce's technique is practically perfected and waaaaayy better than Jhud's. She's been deemed one of the best by literal vocal critics.

diamondheartxx

I feel like people should actually take the time to study vocal pedagogy before making lists like this. 

How is Adele higher than Barbra? Why are Star and A ranked vocalists like Bey and Gaga below the top 10, while people with damaging techniques like Xtina in the top? 1st 3 snapped tho.

31 minutes ago, diamondheartxx said:

Beyonce's technique is practically perfected and waaaaayy better than Jhud's. She's been deemed one of the best by literal vocal critics.

When talking about vocals there is no way you can really compare Beyoncé to Jhud. Jennifer Hudson has pipes. The list isn’t about technique it’s about vocals. Beyoncé’s commercial success is the only reason she could be that high on this list and most lists for that matter.

En_Sabah_Nur
2 hours ago, darkpaw said:

When talking about vocals there is no way you can really compare Beyoncé to Jhud. Jennifer Hudson has pipes. The list isn’t about technique it’s about vocals. Beyoncé’s commercial success is the only reason she could be that high on this list and most lists for that matter.

I agree! 👌🏾

Egypt. W

En_Sabah_Nur
9 hours ago, Bradley said:

Adele can sing like two genres, whereas Gaga can do like 50.

How is Adele higher? Adele is also nowhere as impressive as Gaga in terms of delivering live vocals. She has notes that she struggles often, like go watch the Hello performances, it's definitely nowhere near as impressive as Shallow's, The Sound of Music, New York New York, Lush Life, Bang Bang, La Vie En Rose and Million Reasons's.

I think because of how they are looked at by the GP. Adele started out as a vocal artist, while Gaga started out with dance music & most people not even knowing that she could actually sing...  They see it now tho, but maybe it’s too late for some & now the general consensus (about BOTH of them) has already set in?!  🤷🏾‍♂️

Egypt. W

Bradley
2 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

I think because of how they are looked at by the GP. Adele started out as a vocal artist, while Gaga started out with dance music & most people not even knowing that she could actually sing...  They see it now tho, but maybe it’s too late for some & now the general consensus (about BOTH of them) has already set in?!  🤷🏾‍♂️

anyway this list is fanvoted, not even decided by professional critics or something, so it doesn't hold much weight. :huntyga:

diamondheartxx
23 hours ago, darkpaw said:

...Vocals literally depend on technique, lmao. Beyonce has "pipes" as well, but the difference between her and Jhud is that she has a wider range and is able to execute it well without straining her voice. Just listen to them singing live together in 2006/2007. Beyonce, who wasn't even in her vocal prime, easily outshines Jhud and is resonant while Jhud is straining her notes.

It seems you haven't actually bothered to listen to Beyonce singing live and see just how versatile she is with her voice. She's a star ranked vocalist, and not for no reason. Any vocal profile will tell you all her abilities. She's successful BECAUSE of her voice + her ability to maintain proper breathe control while singing. Taylor Swift and plenty of other popstars are hella successful but they never make it on these lists. Why? Cause they can't sing.

Archived