Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How does the article not mention Gaga ONCE?!

Jakkusan

Featured Posts

Jakkusan
3 hours ago, myluis617 said:

This article can explain why the writer chose to leave gaga out of the list.

"Anyone who lived through Madonna’s heyday knows that none of this was radical, or at least it shouldn’t have been. But pop music’s memory can be short-term, and when Gaga appeared on the scene during the late aughts, pop had been scrubbed clean and sanitized for the past decade, to the point where even alluding to queer sexuality, or sexuality in which female pleasure took focus, was practically taboo. What Gaga did was essentially demolish that barrier by force. She borrowed theatrics from past icons (Madonna, Springsteen, Mercury, Elton John, dozens of drag queens and vogue performers) and did everything in her power to shock and amaze not just for the sake of it, but to bring back an essential ingredient of pop performance that had been left behind in the ’80s. She took what, at the time, were progressive ideas for mainstream music and, instead of hiding them underneath all the fanfare, brought them to the forefront of her work."

http://wesleyanargus.com/2016/09/12/do-we-still-need-lady-gaga/

I personally feel she does not want to give gaga any credit for her movie like music videos because she thinks Gaga is Madonna's shadow and not an artist who renovated the pop industry. I really don't like how this girl completely left Gaga out just because she thinks gaga was not innovative. (Big Ass Lie)

I guess, sadly, there’s a huge demographic of people that totally just choose to dismiss Gaga as a legitimate pop cultural force. She’s not “trendy” to discuss in that way. Sadly, it’ll take another 10 or so years for that to happen...

It’s crazy that some people still don’t see how Gaga “renovated” pop (I love that phrase you used, so accurate). 

Jakkusan
9 minutes ago, Oriane said:

What ? In this extract you put, she's not bashing Gaga at all. She's criticizing how pop had become in the years before and complimenting Gaga for bringing it back. She's even saying she's not just doing shocking things just for shock value, something that ALL Gaga detractors have been saying, but rather did it because it meant something.

This is a different article.

Jakkusan
4 hours ago, neptugne said:

it is weird... you don't just forget Gaga exists if you know anything about pop culture

It’s a lazy article a deliberate Gaga-snub. How can you talk about Bowie and Madonna and then jump to Ariana?? It’s bizarre.

YourCureness
4 hours ago, myluis617 said:

This article can explain why the writer chose to leave gaga out of the list.

"Anyone who lived through Madonna’s heyday knows that none of this was radical, or at least it shouldn’t have been. But pop music’s memory can be short-term, and when Gaga appeared on the scene during the late aughts, pop had been scrubbed clean and sanitized for the past decade, to the point where even alluding to queer sexuality, or sexuality in which female pleasure took focus, was practically taboo. What Gaga did was essentially demolish that barrier by force. She borrowed theatrics from past icons (Madonna, Springsteen, Mercury, Elton John, dozens of drag queens and vogue performers) and did everything in her power to shock and amaze not just for the sake of it, but to bring back an essential ingredient of pop performance that had been left behind in the ’80s. She took what, at the time, were progressive ideas for mainstream music and, instead of hiding them underneath all the fanfare, brought them to the forefront of her work."

http://wesleyanargus.com/2016/09/12/do-we-still-need-lady-gaga/

I personally feel she does not want to give gaga any credit for her movie like music videos because she thinks Gaga is Madonna's shadow and not an artist who renovated the pop industry. I really don't like how this girl completely left Gaga out just because she thinks gaga was not innovative. (Big Ass Lie)

Im not sure if we have the same understanding of the articles? She credited Gaga for basically creating the pop atmosphere of the past decade. 

asana15

Well, at the end of the day, it's just this person's opinion.

It doesn't change anything in the real world of facts.

What really matters, is that today Apple is unveiling a new video streaming service, digital news subscription, and some other yet to be made public services at their headquarters in Cupertino, CA.

It is heavily rumored that she will attend the proceedings.

myluis617
6 hours ago, YourCureness said:

Im not sure if we have the same understanding of the articles? She credited Gaga for basically creating the pop atmosphere of the past decade. 

The reason why I added this is because she has written about gaga's career but she has written it in a way that it sounds like Gaga is Madonna's shadow and she has not cemented her own status as an innovator in pop music. She talks about her videos in that article but chose to leave her out on the article posted on this thread... 

Oriane
10 hours ago, Jakkusan said:

This is a different article.

I know. And here's what this member is saying about the article :

"I personally feel she does not want to give gaga any credit for her movie like music videos because she thinks Gaga is Madonna's shadow and not an artist who renovated the pop industry. I really don't like how this girl completely left Gaga out just because she thinks gaga was not innovative. (Big Ass Lie)"

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

I, for one actually believe Gaga has the greatest videography of all time. The movie ones as well are just amazing. Judas was amazing. Her bad videos are often 3x better than almost every other popstars and don't care if I sounded deluded lol

her videography is criminally underrated at this point

RudraCNG

Alejandro, Judas, G.U.Y., Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Telephone, John Wayne, Yoü and I, Marry the Night... they're ALL works of art. It's so sad when people can't appreciate them the way they deserve.

Archived