Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry is not more talented than Britney Spears

mzncb

Featured Posts

McYves

Why are we always discussing about who's more talented or something like that?

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swakby

Vocally and lyrically, Taylor can devour them both. Strictly lyrically, Taylor is better than pretty much any pop girl right now. 

RAMROD

Excuse me!?!?! Britney and TS are IT! :classy:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Regina George
1 hour ago, Widows Kiss said:

Putting her vocals on a record that was written and produced for her makes Britney talented now? 

Ammm Yes? :awkney: Not everyone can sing and make hits and become living legend... I mean not even Max Martin can help you if you can’t sing 

why is this site so obessed with making out who's "talented" and who's not? its quite demeaning to be told "you dont have talent" (especially when you ve never met the person :flop:

you cant measure talent and honestly it doesnt matter. the artists you listed are all so vastly different from each other anyways.

after all, britney is an amazing performer, a huge star and has one of the most recognizable voices of all time. who cares if she is or isnt the biggest vocal talent? toxic, BOMT and all of her other hits still slap and will be enjoyed for years to come - whether some stans like it or not. 

news flash: bringing other artists down doesnt make your fav any better :spin: focus on who you love and stop being so negative about people you've never met. especially when they've gone through hell and back already. 

highlikegaga

y'all went too far and now britney stans are logging as guests to drag you. :ladyhaha:

i like them all and can't compare, bc they are different artists. and that's that on that. 

/thread 

Head Empty

They offer different things for different audiences and it all depends on what you're looking for in an artist :shrug:

They're actually quite hard to compare because their approach to entertainment is completely different.

edengowon

Katy is an amazing artist, she's really good at making hits. Even if Witness wasn't the best album, CTTR, Bon Appetit and Swish Swish were still hits/moderate hits, and that's her 'worst' album. Teenage Dream was arguably one of the best planned and best written pop albums of the past twenty years, with at least 7 extremely well known songs.* She's also an incredible performer.

In my opinion, Britney is not comparable to Taylor or Katy. She hasn't performed live for a LONG time, her dancing has most definitely faded, she doesn't write her own songs and she hasn't had a hit since probably 2013 (Work B*tch). She was an incredible artist, but over time has faded and doesn't seem to even care anymore. I love her music but she doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm she used to.

Taylor is an incredible lyricist and musician, when it comes to her roots (country/pop-rock) she rules the stage and cannot be compared to anyone else in those genres.

*Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Last Friday Night, E.T., Part of Me, Wide Awake, Firework

Performing

Katy > Taylor = Britney

Songwriting

Taylor > Katy > Britney

Concepts/creativity

Katy > Taylor > Britney

Music Videos

Taylor = Katy > Britney

the artist formerly known as melancholia

FentyGa

well I would say everytime put britney in the lead for songwriting
Katy has equal vocal talent to Britney, as Britney really could've been maybe even a whitney with good technique and her natural voice. That said, Britney's technique is TERRIBLE, and Katy's is definitely better. Katy's a good C with Rihanna, whereas Britney, Selena, and Taylor are for sure Ds. 

Spoiler

For context, So Hyang, Mariah, Michael, Whitney and Beyoncé are/were at one point star rated, P!nk, Gaga, Brendon Urie, and Sara Bareilles are A, Celine and Kelly Clarkson are A-, Miley, Gwen, Ariana, Xtina, Demi and Avril are Bs, Kesha, Carly, Adele, Lana and Florence are Cs, and Selena, Britney and Taylor are Ds. Of course, the ratings are subjective to an extent, but this is generally agreed upon.

performing is subjective, but I'd say in 2019, Katy is better than Britney. I love Britney, but her choreo is a bit stiff and she doesn't put on a SHOW like Katy, Taylor, Gaga, and even Ariana.

EDIT: All that said, I love both these women, and we should support em both. Like what you like. What I said is just my point of view for the sake of the conversation.

Archived