V Magazine Hardcover Edition
politics

Over 1 million marched and demanded a second EU Referendum in London today

Featured Posts

Gimme More

skynews-brexit-peoples-vote_4617094.jpg?

Organisers of today's Put It To The People March claim more than a million people turned up - making it one of the biggest demonstrations the UK has ever seen.

The People's Vote March saw huge crowds descend on Central London, with a rally set to be held in front of Parliament.

It comes as a petition demanding Article 50 is revoked - which would cancel Brexit altogether - reached 4.5 million signatures this morning.

The march piles pressure on under-fire Theresa May, who faces opposition from within her own cabinet as the original Brexit date March 29 approaches.

Edited by Gimme More
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

Zander

I just think that marching is kind of...pointless? I get everyone has their right to exercise their freedom of speech etc... but this march will literally do nothing. It was just a day out in London for 1 million people.  

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Sad 2

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Zander said:

I just think that marching is kind of...pointless? I get everyone has their right to exercise their freedom of speech etc... but this march will literally do nothing. It was just a day out in London for 1 million people.  

It puts political pressure on those in power. Marching gets **** done.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

Gimme More
3 minutes ago, Zander said:

i get where you're coming from! but it's insane that there were over 4.5 million signatures made so far against leaving Europe, this whole thing is a mess tbh.

The Bad Joker

It was a stupid idea in the first place to put such a complex topic on the hands of people who don't know all of its meaning or really don't care about it. Brexit could've been avoided altogether had Cameron noticed the limitations of democracy. That's why people vote for representatives who are more experienced than them.

Edited by The Bad Joker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

benKo
3 minutes ago, Zander said:

Yeah, and you have to keep in mind that they already had a chance to vote. The point of votes is not to vote til you like the outcome :ladyhaha:

Beytwice

Yaaaas we love solidarity among society

snapping episode 2 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Edited by Beytwice
  • YAAAS 1

Gimme More
Just now, The Bad Joker said:

It was a stupid idea in the first place to put such a complex topic on the hands of people who don't know all of its meaning or really don't care about it. Brexit could've been avoided altogether had Cameron noticed the limitations of democracy.

exactly, people had no idea what they were actually voting for! i voted to remain :selena:

• Like 2

monster4life231

I don't think a second referendum is the best idea. I understand that people are very annoyed with the current political system and its handling of Brexit, but I think that the result should be respected. Instead of being in conflict with each other, it would be better if we worked together to form a Brexit where people can have a common ground.

spread peace.
  • Sad 1

Gimme More
1 minute ago, benKo said:

Yeah, and you have to keep in mind that they already had a chance to vote. The point of votes is not to vote til you like the outcome :ladyhaha:

i think the only issue is a lot of people have said they did not know what they were actually voting for and were not fully aware of what the effect would be.

• LMAO 1

WarriorPhoenix
1 minute ago, The Bad Joker said:

It was a stupid idea in the first place to put such a complex topic on the hands of people who don't know all of its meaning or really don't care about it. Brexit could've been avoided altogether had Cameron noticed the limitations of democracy. That's why people vote for representatives who are more experienced than them.

If the people had been actually educated on the issue, they could've voted

The whole Brexit campaign was just a propaganda run for Boris and Nigel 

gaga ♡ taylor ♡ nicki ♡ ari ♡ paloma ♡ adele ♡ billie ♡ bowie ♡ madonna ♡ katy ♡ britney

Gimme More
Just now, monster4life231 said:

I don't think a second referendum is the best idea. I understand that people are very annoyed with the current political system and its handling of Brexit, but I think that the result should be respected. Instead of being in conflict with each other, it would be better if we worked together to form a Brexit where people can have a common ground.

yeah i think if a reasonable agreement is made, Brexit should continue or just be scrapped :ladyhaha:

Zander
6 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It puts political pressure on those in power. Marching gets **** done.

I understand that aspect but I can’t remember the last time a march actually did that? It definitely didn’t work for the march in regards to the war in Iraq and that supposedly had more people. It’s like the online petition as well, it’s just won’t do anything... it’s meaningless (I know a petition has to have so many signatures before it can be discussed in parliament). I can appreciate why people go out and march but hoping to go out and do so in order to change something that the public voted on already is crazy to me.

Edited by Zander

WarriorPhoenix
1 minute ago, monster4life231 said:

The problem is, the UK was given 3 years (2016-19) to negotiate with the EU

Theresa May only started properly negotiating last year and the amount of time it has taken, and the implications it has had WITHOUT EVEN LEAVING means that people are turning on Brexit

gaga ♡ taylor ♡ nicki ♡ ari ♡ paloma ♡ adele ♡ billie ♡ bowie ♡ madonna ♡ katy ♡ britney
  • Like 3