💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will Kanye West Ever Recover? An Analysis.

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

Welp, this might get messy. HEEEEEEERE WE GO  :vegas:

So as we all know, Kanye West is a mess. But before I dive too deep into this analysis of sorts, let’s establish the good parts of Kanye. After a few quiet mixtapes and years producing behind the scene, Kanye burst onto the solo music scene with the album ‘The College Dropout’. It was hailed as one of the best hip-hop albums in ages, with Kanye honing in not only his already-established brilliant producing skills but his rapping talent. Hits such as ‘All Falls Down’, ‘Through The Wire’ (which was written recorded with his jaw sewn shut due to surgery following a car crash) and ‘Jesus Walks’, the album was a smash. He followed it up with ‘Late Registration’ and ‘Graduation’ which completed a trilogy of albums, also sparking hits such as ‘Gold Digger’ and ‘Stronger’. Ye was a force to be reckoned with.

kanye-the-college-dropout-kulture-hub-77

But it was ‘808s and Heartbreak’ that cemented him as a hip-hop legend. Inspired by the death of his mother and end of his engagement, Kanye released an album so different from what was heard before. 808s had a very electronic sound, and he prominently used tools like Auto-Tune and the Roland TR-808 machine. A very emotional and melancholy album, he had made a huge departure from his previous soul-driven rap music. However, it took off. ‘Love Lockdown’ and ‘Heartless’ performed very well as singles, and the album debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Many big names in hip-hop mocked him for becoming ‘sappy’ but the joke was on them because the man revolutionised hip-hop. He sparked a wave of emo hip-hop that made emotive moody music ‘cool’ as opposed to the braggadocious flex culture that was so popular at the time, and its effects are still apparent today as artists such as Juice WRLD, Drake, Kid Cudi and more. Throughout his career, Kanye continued to make ground-breaking music with albums such as Yeezus, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and The Life Of Pablo. 

gettyimages-509642592_wide-8c99f17a081f4

However, something went wrong at some point. He has always had a large ego, but in the last few of years, Kanye has done and said some things that are inexcusable or at least questionable. Things such as the ‘slavery is a choice’ scandal, the Trump support, and the Twitter rants come to mind. What happened? The media and music fans all around the world instantly jumped to crucify Kanye, calling him names like ‘pig’ and ‘deluded’, and often with reason. I too, was quick to call him names and unstan. 

However, with the recent release of ‘ye’, it got me wondering. Of course he still did some horrible things, but the lyrics of ‘ye’ made it all too obvious that while he may be egotistical and unreasonable, he is aware of all this things, and knows he is falling off the rails.

Read these:

https://genius.com/Kanye-west-i-thought-about-killing-you-lyrics

https://genius.com/Kanye-west-yikes-lyrics

Lyrics such as ‘**** could get menacin’, frightenin’, find help, sometimes I scare myself / They take me off the meds, off meds, ask yourself’, ‘That’s my bipolar ****, n***a, what? That’s my superpower, n***a, that ain’t no disability. I’m a superhero! I’m a superhero! Agghhhh!!’ and the entire opening monologue of ‘I Thought About Killing You’ show his self-awareness.

Spoiler

The most beautiful thoughts are always besides the darkest
I think this is the part where I'm supposed to say somethin' good to compensate it so it doesn't come off bad
But sometimes I think really bad things
Really, really, really bad things
And I love myself way more than I love you
See, if I was tryin' to relate it to more people
I'd probably say I'm struggling with loving myself
Because that seems like a common theme
But that's not the case here
I love myself way more than I love you
And I think about killing myself
So, best believe, I thought about killing you today
Premeditated murder

Kanye discusses mental health and addresses those who wish to see him lose control. He talks about suicidal thoughts, his Opioid addiction, his bipolar disorder, and frequently contradicts himself. I can’t fully convey the meaning of what I’m trying to say just in those words, so I highly suggest you listen to the album, it’s only 23 minutes. One more example is how on closing track ‘Violent Crimes’ he raps about how having daughters has changed his perspective on women (in terms of sexualisation), and will try to treat women better and not over-sexualise them in the future, yet months after this he releases the songs ‘I Love It’ and ‘XTCY’, both of which have extremely objectifying lyrics. Kanye is obviously aware that he is losing control, yet he fails to muster the courage to change it. He doesn’t have particularly supportive people around him, the Kardashians for example, and I’m sure I don’t need to explain why they aren’t beneficial for Ye. He is now trying to juggle his career, his marriage, the constant hate from the media, and his family, and it’s hard.

KanyeLilPump_Screengrab.jpg

I hope he gets the help that he needs and may someday come around to see that he has said and done many wrong things, and hold himself accountable. I hope that he can return to sanity and that he can stop encouraging such wrong opinions among his fans and those who idolise him, because a man who has his sort of talent but uses his fame for good would be something wonderful.

kaynedjwalk.gif

What about you? Do you think he’s Too Far Gone.mp3? Do you have no hope left for Kanye? If you think he still has a chance, how do you think he might achieve this.

Just a reminder to keep this thread respectful, I’m totally open to hearing conflicting opinions if they are expressed in a proper manner, because this is of course a controversial subject and I’m sure there are many that disagree with me.  :heart:

JustAnother

His fans still like him and in general music critics still think positively of him. In all honesty, outside of stan twitter, people still like him and think he’s a genius (which I do personally think he’s one of the better artists out there when I pay attention only to his music). 

He can't handle his loss of mainstream popularity. Apparently universal acclaim and praise wasn't enough. Really listen to Runaway it's god like

rumours

As nutty as the guy is (and as detrimental as some of his statements have been...), he's released some great albums. Mainly, I am rooting for the guy to improve his mental health and start releasing great music again.

Spoiler

A Legal Note: Taylor Swift, please don't hack me with your post-heehaw, privileged hands. I just want the guy to improve, despite your conflict with him.

Stream HeyGirl.mp3, as there is no BadBlood.mp3, mmmkay?

real housewives of orange county discussion GIF

3 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

As nutty as the guy is (and as detrimental as some of his statements have been...), he's released some great albums. Mainly, I am rooting for the guy to improve his mental health and start releasing great music again.

Hide contents

A Legal Note: Taylor Swift, please don't hack me with your post-heehaw, privileged hands. I just want the guy to improve, despite your conflict with him.

Stream HeyGirl.mp3, as there is no BadBlood.mp3, mmmkay?

real housewives of orange county discussion GIF

Taylor acted so entitled imo. Kim K was justified to release that tape of her approving the lyrics. 

YourWhiskyMouth

Tbh Kanye could punch me in the teeth and I’d still worship his discography I love him so much :coffee:

I like 808's & Heartbreak and His rework of Lorde's Yellow Flicker Beat, but didn't actually connect to anything else he's done

ice heard one side from above

Matangi
21 minutes ago, LanaDelGrant said:

I like 808's & Heartbreak and His rework of Lorde's Yellow Flicker Beat, but didn't actually connect to anything else he's done

Try Yeezus if u havent, and be ready for some abrasive and strange but BEAUTIFUL hip hop.

Meredith Grey

I think he’s a very talented musician but I feel as if his antics actually speak louder than his music, which is sad. I feel like he will be remembered more as a celebrity/tabloid icon than the talented musician he is. There’s never a discussion of his music without a discussion of who he is as a person/the way he acts.

edengowon

I mean... woopty boop scoop is all I need to say :triggered:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Kanye has the ability to make a full recovery and gain popularity again. The only person stopping Kayne is Kanye himself. 

JohnnyVersace

Tbh I do have faith. 🙏 

I'm a HUGE Kanye fan, and have been really turned off ever since Ye, the MAGA hat, the slavery comments, etc. He was just....trying too hard to be controversial, and it was incredibly upsetting. I'll never forget the feeling I had seeing him kiki with Trump in the Oval Office. It was so manic, disturbing and nauseating tbh. 

All that aside, his music is ****ing incredible. My favorites are 808's, MBDTF, Yeezus and Pablo, and the Saint Pablo tour was a top 3 concert experience hands-down. It's sad to see what happened to him over the past couple of years, but he is such a brilliant artist that I'm holding out hope for something incredible in the future. 

Judging by the recent Sunday Service sessions, he might be creating some incredible gospel/positive influenced album. These are beautiful tbh. 

21 minutes ago, Matangi said:

Try Yeezus if u havent, and be ready for some abrasive and strange but BEAUTIFUL hip hop.

Thank you for the recommendation:heart:

ice heard one side from above

Queen Bitch

I hope he recovers. He's a brilliant artist and one of my faves. It's been so sad to see what happened to him. 

Angelm

He has made some good songs, but his attitude right now, is not it.

Idk if he will ever recover...

(That intro instrumental tho, amazing :giveup:)

(Eli directed this masterpiece, I want something of this quality for #LG6 :vegas:)

Archived