💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Call Me By Your Name Sequel - Official Title & Release Date

Perfume

Featured Posts

Perfume

I didn’t happen to see a topic about this but the much anticipated Call Me By Your Name BOOK sequel has finally gotten an official title and release date. We’ve also gotten some plot details! It’s unsure if the film sequel will follow the same format.

Title: Find Me

Release Date: October 29th, 2019

Plot Details: “In ‘Find Me,’ Aciman shows us Elio’s father Samuel, now divorced, on a trip from Florence to Rome to visit Elio, who has become a gifted classical pianist. A chance encounter on the train leads to a relationship that changes Sami’s life definitively. Elio soon moves to Paris where he too has a consequential affair, while Oliver, now a professor in northern New England with sons who are nearly grown, suddenly finds himself contemplating a return visit to Europe.”

This will fill in some of the large gaps left in at the end of the first book! 

an angel held me like a child

melon

wow I’m literally just watching the film now, remembering how sad and happy it made me feel, I really want to read the book next!

heauxmatica

River

His parents divorced? they had a perfect relationship, it doesn't really make any sense :duck:

I honestly think that the a new book is gonna ruin the story.. it's perfect as it is.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Perfume
2 minutes ago, River said:

His parents divorced? they had a perfect relationship, it doesn't really make any sense :duck:

I honestly think that the a new book is gonna ruin the story.. it's perfect as it is.

i’m confused too! I read something about the dad having a huge crush on Oliver too but prohibited himself once he noticed a Elio developing a crush also. I guess that’s part of what their long talk was about, I hope they don’t just discard the mom.

an angel held me like a child

imnotyourbabe10

tenor.gif

The book devastated me. I am in no way prepared for a sequel...

The film was lovely but the narration of the novel is what really hit home.  I will read it again when I want to just melt into the heart-breaking nuances of romance.

Definitely interested in sequel's dynamic with his father...that monologue at the end of the movie :diane:

gagzus

So it’s expanding on the father’s possible bisexuality? Interesting, it’ll be a change of pace showing an older queer character exploring their identity 

imnotyourbabe10
38 minutes ago, River said:

I feel you on this.  Good point!  Plus, she is such a fabulous parent.  As was the dad.  Really felt for their son. 

cmbym-2.gif?w=768

("just smoke my cigarette and hush" :ally:)

arthurhmangum

The first book/movie absolutely RUINED me, and I'm in no way ready for the next one. 

gret.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

Angelm

As much as I want to see a (movie) sequel, I think if the don’t do it right, they can ruin the story, it’s perfect the way it is. Let’s see how it goes, wondering if they will also make a movie sequel.

Can’t wait to drown in my own tears... AGAIN! :vegas:

Timothee.gif?w=960 

crisTEAne
52 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

Plot Details: “In ‘Find Me,’ Aciman shows us Elio’s father Samuel, now divorced, on a trip from Florence to Rome to visit Elio, who has become a gifted classical pianist. A chance encounter on the train leads to a relationship that changes Sami’s life definitively.

omg, it's basically a reverse call me expedition, continuing the alluded bisexual subtext in the father's final monolog to elio :diane:

call me — elio: pianist, chance encounter, life changes forever = experiencing what (gay) love is
find me — father: pianist, chance encounter, life changes forever = experiencing what (gay) love is

one second i'm a father, suddenly my son is me :flower:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

PerfectGUY

not here for the parents divorcing, they were so perfect and set such a great example :(

Archived