V Magazine Hardcover Edition
society

Breaking: Explosion in China

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Beijing (CNN)A powerful explosion ripped through a chemical plant in eastern China Thursday, killing at least 47 people and severely injuring 90 others.

Firefighters were still battling small fires Friday, after working through the night to put out the main blaze, state media reported.

Drone footage from the country's emergency management ministry shows an industrial area outside Yancheng city in Jiangsu province covered in firefighting foam, with storage tanks turned to twisted metals and charred factory buildings with roofs torn open.

Local authorities said earlier that dozens of fire trucks and hundreds of firefighters rushed to the scene after the blast was reported around 2 p.m. Thursday. The explosion was powerful enough for the seismological bureau to detect a small earthquake in the area, according to state media

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/21/asia/china-chemical-plant-explosion-intl/index.html

• Shook 1
  • Sad 7

dit

wow that's so scary. Rest in peace to all those who have died. :( 

I hope the chemicals dont have long lasting effects on the ppl living near by

• Like 2

lovedillon

Jesus... I’ve lost count of how many chemical explosions have happened in China... I feel so bad for everyone who died in the explosion & the injured. God I can’t imagine just going up in smoke like that...

Meruk Holland

According to the article, the chemical involved in the explosion was benzene, which is carcinogenic to mammals. Apparently, local environment experts say that the heavy wind at the site dissipated any harmful concentration of benzene. If they are to be believed, its likely that no one should be concerned about suffer from any chemical effects.

• Like 2

TheSlash
49 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

If you look closely at 0:24/0:25 you can see the shock wave blasting over the water :udidnt: . That's so scary :omg: . May all the victims may rest in peace and their families going strong through these sad times :pray: 

• Shook 1

berlinforme
5 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

O__O 

Oh my god, imagine being this close to that kind of explosion! That guy must be deaf now :omg: