7 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Another Michael related thread in shambles. :rip:

MJ defenders can run but they can't hide

beatup.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRANZGA

Stop being Blind Stans y'all.. time for acceptance.. MJ was the biggest talented star and a Pop Legend but he's a Pedo..

Jakkusan
9 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Is there a magazine or TV outlet that they didn't go to?

They're milking the **** out of this

I don’t blame them. I would. If I had been emotionally and sexually manipulated by a megastar so badly that it took me decades to come out, I’d speak to many people as possible and that’s what they’re doing. 

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

MJ defenders can run but they can't hide

beatup.gif

Don't steal my gif like that!

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, FRANZGA said:

Stop being Blind Stans y'all.. time for acceptance.. MJ was the biggest talented star and a Pop Legend but he's a Pedo..

Based on what? Hearsay from people who've made false statements under oath before and have huge financial interest at stake?

What's time for you guys to accept, is that there's simply no evidence to convince people. You may choose to believe their hearsay and it's your choice. But don't blame others for not doing so.

It's not like there's factual evidence out there that we're tuning a blind eye to.

Chickens in Malibu
9 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

They are promoting a documentary :fail: That's typically what you do when you release a film no matter what it's about. When someone makes a movie about the Holocaust and promotes it, are they milking the holocaust?

You are doing this thing again where you call out people for the claims they make to sound intelligent ("How do you know they're contractually obligated to?") and then proceed to make a bunch of stupid claims yourself.

"How can an assault victim  speak publicly about their abuse? In my mind, abuse victims don't speak up publicly. Therefore, if abuse victims do speak up, that must mean they're not real victims."  

"Typically, actual sexual assault survivors don't want to relive their story in the public eye over and over again."   -- maybe by telling people their stories they are able to heal? Just a thought.

:fail:

She didn't need to tell her story more than once because she was testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee. It was literally a one-time thing. 

Also, the music industry doesn't want to believe the allegations because MICHAEL JACKSON MAKES THEM MONEY. How's that for a financial motive.

"It is now expected of sexual assault survivors to go on promotional tours" is the most stupid thing I've ever read.

Where you find this energy to keep defending this man is beyond me. You just never give up do you.

I didn't say assault victims are lying if they speak up publicly. That is slippery slope on your end. What I said, is that this new trend, of contractually obligating potential sexual assault victims to go on promotional tours to discuss their stories on a daily basis in the public eye over and over again is dangerous (Wade and James might not mind it since they have an interest in swaying the public opinion for the courtcase) but future victims may not want to relive their trauma over and over again. And if anything these new standards may discourage people from coming forward in the future, since documentary makers and studios will hold them to these new standards so that they're able to cash in more millions. I gave Dr. Ford as an example. She was asked for interviews DOZENS of times, she declined every request. Why? Because it probably puts her under pressure to revisit it daily and doesn't want to relive it in the public eye every time. So stop acting like Wade and James somehow represent all sexual assault victims when they aren't even confirmed to be ones. 

KingRedd

I don’t follow this story but from what I’ve seen, there isn’t actual evidence and this case has already been tried. So I will not “cancel” anyone like a child would say. MJ is dead. He can’t even defend himself and it’s disgusting to see people just believe just anything. I get it’s hard to prove but when the FBI can’t even convict him why would I believe two guys? With this logic anyone can be the next accused. Imagine this thread “guy accused Gaga of drugging and having sex with him” would y’all be saying “believe the victim no matter what” then? 

May I Read You? 😎

Chickens in Malibu

I like this take on Leaving Neverland from Justin Schawtz, a lawyer and ex-law professor:

"I don't have a dog in this fight. I like Jackson's music and have fond memories of listening to it with my first GF at age 13, but I can live with a great artist being a monster as a person. I like the novelist Louis-Ferdinand Celine, raving racist, anti-Semite and Nazi collaborator; I love Picasso, a Stalin apologist who treated women like toilet tissue; and other horrible geniuses. But it grates my soul to see Jackson condemned as person on the basis of totally unsubstantiated accusations.

Any lawyer would take the two compromised protagonists of the Leaving Neverland documentary apart at the joints. They have a long history of contradictory statements (prior inconsistent statements, we call them). They had cases against the Jackson Estate dismissed, and owe it over $100K in attorneys fees, so they have interest in making money at the Estate's expense. They are making uncorroborated claims (which, as noted, they previously repeatedly denied) charging a dead man with offenses for which he was actually tried and acquitted.

In addition, the FBI conducted a decade-long investigation into similar claims and came up with goose egg, nothing, nada, zip. And probable cause is a low standard. The documentary is deliberately one-sided, telling only the men's stories in the most sympathetic possible way and not subjecting them to any critical interrogation.

Pardon me if I'm less than impressed. You should be unimpressed too. I'll believe it if is there is real evidence. A preponderance, even. The problems with this documentary, which I have barely scratched here, indicate that the evidence doesn't remotely support its claims.

So, to answer the question, if the question is whether Jackson molested the protagonists of Leaving Neverland as children, the answer is, on the evidence of the film, probably not."

ALGAYDO

MJ: *befriends little boys they unfriends them when they get older*

*paid families to let him sleep in the same bed as their little boys*

*stored "art books" of nude boys*

*wrote love letters to little boys*

MJ fans: he didn't molest them so it's okay 

y'all are wild lol 

Sakrai
5 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

MJ fans: there is literally no evidence that he molested anyone. 

Fixed it for you :vegas:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

uo111
15 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Typically, actual sexual assault survivors don't want to relive their story in the public eye over and over again.

Tell me more about the "typical" reaction to sexual assault, doctor.

condecendingwonka.jpg

Kimmo
42 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

MJ: *befriends little boys they unfriends them when they get older*

*paid families to let him sleep in the same bed as their little boys*

*stored "art books" of nude boys*

*wrote love letters to little boys*

MJ fans: he didn't molest them so it's okay 

y'all are wild lol 

tenor.gif

Hottie Detector

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, Sakrai said:

Fixed it for you :vegas:

But just to be clear, everything he did with those little boys is okay to you, right? You'd let a grown ass man sleep in your little boy's bed and not be worried at all, right? You wouldn't be concerned at all about a grown ass man sending love letters to your little boy, right? :ally:

Archived