Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Lana Del Rey so sad?

adelfoxxx

Featured Posts

Perfume

Don’t get me started. That is the #1 thing that absolutely makes me annoyed when people are talking about her. 

an angel held me like a child

Virgin Ryan

Because the Illuminati tells her to promote depression and make the culture of death looks trendy. :huntyga:

Davian
18 minutes ago, Marges said:

@Davian we talked about this a few days ago :ladyhaha:

I smell telepathy:vegas:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

I'd rather say she's orcherstral

when an artist doesn't have songs that are drum-paced or electronic in a regular basis (for example Adele) it tends to be seen as more obscure than usual, take Bad Romance, if it was sung as a balad it would be a depressed ass song.

"Lana del Rey" the persona is a girl from the very fragmented period of history that was the cabaret golden days, first music recorders, nightlife as we know it started a big evolution process in that time, but it was muted for years because of the world wars and there's a lot to it that is just concept, equivalent to us thinking about ARTPOP act 2, like the idea of Saigon: It was meant to be "the Paris of the East" built in Vietnam in that times, but war happened and Saigon was "cancelled", So i guess singing about these themes need some "yearning" 

She calls herself queen of saigon sometimes, and she has been called "Gangster Nancy (Sinatra)" by magazines

also every other persona Lana uses for music seems to revolve around loss, she portrayed Jackie Kennedy in National anthem, Carmen, and "underage performer" in the song of the same name. Lust for Life, while never having had a named persona, seems to be from the perspective of someone from the Hippie/Woodstock culture, specially the first tracks

So yeah

but if you'd prefer something more upbeat i'd recomend some of her unreleased tracks, like Live or Die and Yes to Heaven

ice heard one side from above

OMG I'm starting to think I'm the only one who feels her music in a sexy way(?). Like, I get sad only when I'm listening to couple of her songs, rest is just dreamy, chill and sexy. 

Like what you Sea?

Oriane

Before listening to her I heard everyone saying her music was sad, depressing, suicidal. After listening to her albums I don't understand why people say that. Her music has a slow, cinematic vibe, but not sad, at least not more than other artists. She has a few sad songs here and there but her persona doesn't rely on this.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

holy scheisse

Persistent Depressive Disorder is a thing.

Just like me :cryga:

But also, Lust for Life was a generally hopeful album 

Archived