💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

To the Veteran Madonna Fans Here...

C1trus

Featured Posts

MyQueen
26 minutes ago, T3rrorBlade said:

How was the pop music scene then until Gaga debuted?  Can you share us your experience? :)

Music scene was great...couse there was no internet and no stan wars:nails:

Gaga didnt really change music scene, just lil spice it up with crazy outfits.She came at the right time, couse there was no extravagant artist and pro LGBT for younger internet generacion.

Music scene was better in the 80s and 90s. Thats why it still popular today. The videos were great, like a lil movies. Everything was put together much better, eras ware more cohesive, songs were more deep.

Couse when I become fan of M in 1989 there was no internet, so you had to wait until she put the record out(no leaks).  It was the same with tours. We  saw some clips  in MTV news, but that was all. 

Like this.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McYves
7 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

She was singing it to highlight the similarities between both songs more than to prove her appreciation for gaga tho lmao! ;) 

Yes, but she did it more in a humorous way rather than as a declaration of war / hatred and we all know it. And why does that affect us fans so much, anyway? LOL :laughga: 

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

ReginaXOberlin

As an 80s baby (88) who grew up in the 90s with parents who loves music, Madonna was a staple in my development of love for everything music. I had a couple Madonna CDs before I was 10 and I used to listen to them all the time and love her music. 

I grew to respect her as one of the greats through my parents recollection of their early years and the impact she had on them and their culture and their lives. 

Madonna revolutionized the “pop girl” aesthetic still widely used today, and is a beacon of female driven tours (on a production level) 

she was also a force in my childhood in the 90s and was a thriving pop culture figure well into the release of COADF which myself and my friends (15-18) ALL loved. 

I never fully witness the MadonnaXMarilyn comparisons because they had been had and stifled by the time I became a fan. 

Gaga was unrelated to Madonna when I became a fan in 2008 and I didn’t draw my own comparisons until the media did it for me, and while I see influence and parallels, I’ve never thought Gaga outright copied Madonna and I’ve NEVER understood why Madonna fans were so threatened or pressed over Gaga. 

Shes an icon. A legend. The quintessential pop girl, and for that and that alone she has my respect, no matter what she’s become in the last decade 

RAMROD

There are two groups of fans. One is bitter and the other are like my dad who are supportive of new female artists. Especially one that makes things exciting again like Lady Gaga. He, as a fan, never felt Gaga stole attention from Madge. It just how the cookie crumbles. He is exhilarated that someone younger is actually someone Madonna can pass her torch to. He thought all these bitterness are silly. And was embarassed for a moment when Madonna seems to gaslight that attitude in 2012. As he thought she could do much better dealing with that. He is only 3 years older than her by the way. He was really there when Madge started her career. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reginald

I've been a Madonna fan since Confessions.  Lol I remember going to the music store and I bought like 5 of her albums on cd over the next couple of months.  

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, McYves said:

Yes, but she did it more in a humorous way rather than as a declaration of war / hatred and we all know it. And why does that affect us fans so much, anyway? LOL :laughga: 

The reductive comment seemed playful but doing the mashup every night looked quite like a diss to me at the time haha.

It doesn't go as far as affecting me lol I just had this impression.

Jill

if only discussions about gaga were this peacful on the madonna forums lol

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

13 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I'm not a veteran Madonna stan (I wasn't born/was too young during her heyday) but as a music fan in general I can recognize that she had an enormous impact in music, fashion, and yes, even movies to an extent. It is paradoxical, because her acting and her voice are not the strongest but she arguably had the biggest impact of them all during the height of her fame.

Gaga honestly should have just ignored Madonna imo when Madonna was being a little shady, because it wasn't a fight she could win because Madonna was/is ingrained in culture & the hearts of a ton of fans....and Madonna is just shady in general sometimes. I actually think the dumb "fight" between the two (which was way overblown) might have been part of the reason some ripped into her around the ARTPOP era.

Gag ignored til after the ARTPOP era though tbh. She never fully addressed anything until the documentary tbh

AgusPop

I am known here by some Madonna's fans  for being a Madonna "Hater". But they don't know that I was one of her  biggest fans since 1990. I have many CDs and DVDs. "Something to Remember" is one of my favorites.

As a Gay male at my 16,   It was almost mandatory to be her fan. There were not other super pop star that were as  gay friendly beyond Gloria Gaynor or Barbra Streisand but they were for older gay generations.

Her impact on pop culture and music is undeniable, everyone literally talked about her, to criticize her or to praise her. The parents hated her (mine at least)

I did not like her Erotica era and her sex book, I think it was distasteful.

She was everything till the album  "Confessions on a Dance Floor" in 2005.  (in my opinion her last masterpiece)

I went to the Hard Candy Tour but only to see her for the first time live.

Then Gaga appeared as a hurricane of fresh air but I just became her fan till 2010.

My most fervent criticisms toward her were because the Born This Way feud. I knew that Gaga was a big fan of Madonna and it gave me a lot of anger as Madonna mistreated Gaga but mainly to her fans. mocking them in her Tour with that stupid backdrop. Madonna did not know that she was making fun of me. Her biggest fan. Her  ego is her biggest curse.

But all that is in the past. I'm sure Madonna apologized to Gaga personally in the post Oscar party.

As Gaga said. I will always admire Madonna (until her next scandal :teehee:)

@MyQueen @shoful @Didymus

AgusPop
7 hours ago, MyQueen said:

Gaga didnt really change music scene, just lil spice it up with crazy outfits.She came at the right time, couse there was no extravagant artist and pro LGBT for younger internet generacion.

:saladga:  See, and then they ask why we criticize madonna fans. you can not dismiss  Gaga by saying "just lil spice it up with crazy outfit". You know Gaga is not just a "crazy outfit". Her voice, her music talent, her creativity and her intelligence are enough proofs.  you seem to be still stuck in bitterness. sad

Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, AgusPop said:

My most fervent criticisms toward her were because the Born This Way feud. I knew that Gaga was a big fan of Madonna and it gave me a lot of anger as Madonna mistreated Gaga but mainly to her fans. mocking them in her Tour with that stupid backdrop. Madonna did not know that she was making fun of me. Her biggest fan. Her  ego is her biggest curse.

I remember when I was a kid it was britney who was presented as the new queen of pop. It's dumb to say but as a little boy I was glad to see them supporting each other like a mother and a daughter rather than feuding. I thought it was beautiful and not just a newcomer having to bow down to the veteran or this veteran being pushed away by the new generation like if her time was done.

I wished for the same thing with gaga but it clearly didn't work like that haha.

I think Madonna was the biggest name in pop and tbh I get why gaga is compared to her

they both bring something different to the table, the creativity the outfits and the lyrics. The messages in all their songs too are empowering

i think they both should be recognised as powerful figures in pop culture. Madonna did a lot and set the bar and gaga sort of raised that bar, but we really can’t compare them, even when gaga started social media was booming so it’s a different era of music they both started on

ive said it countless times. I love Madonna. Her music is fantastic, even Ghosttown was brilliant, she’s iconic. But her attitude sometimes stinks and she needs to rectify that, cause she can come across bitter and even she knows that, she likes to profess she is the queen but she doesn’t act like one

🙋🏼‍♂️

C1trus
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

There are two groups of fans. One is bitter and the other are like my dad who are supportive of new female artists.

If only I first met fans like your dad. But my first impression is the bitter ones :triggered:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

chun li

I remember hanging out with my teacher once and I asked her the same question. She told me something like "do you know how hard it was during that time to plan stuff?" pointing out there was no internet, no sms. People had to make calls, arrange stuff through faxes, go to places, meet people. That's why she admires Madonna so much, to build her career that way.

MyQueen
10 hours ago, AgusPop said:

:saladga:  See, and then they ask why we criticize madonna fans. you can not dismiss  Gaga by saying "just lil spice it up with crazy outfit". You know Gaga is not just a "crazy outfit". Her voice, her music talent, her creativity and her intelligence are enough proofs.  you seem to be still stuck in bitterness. sad

You got it all wrong!

Like M, LG become famous because of catchy pop songs and controversial image.

Very lil people saw them as talent at the beginning. Everybody  thought they gonna last 6 months .

I am far from bitter, but realistic. 

Archived