V Magazine Hardcover Edition
politics

Beto O’Rourke raises $6.1M in 24 hours

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Shook 2

Morphine Prince

In his Texas Senate race he took no big money, all grassroots. 

However, I suspect he’s taking big money, because I doubt he’d get more money than Bernie, but I could be wrong.

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Logan

I'm actually very excited for this new election campaign phase that's starting, we will see many outrageous things happen I'm sure. 

Bat

I find it so funny that you just have to buy your way to the presidency in the U.S. Like it normally cost 1 billion or something right?

• Like 2

Morphine Prince
4 minutes ago, Bat said:

I find it so funny that you just have to buy your way to the presidency in the U.S. Like it normally cost 1 billion or something right?

The cost just keeps increasing.

But what’s funny is: 

Clinton's unsuccessful campaign ($768 million in spending) outspent Trump's successful one ($398 million) by nearly 2 to 1.

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 2

HorusRa2

I wonder a couple things:

how much in recurring donations?

average contribution?

Number of individual contributors?

a bit alarming considering that he said he was choosing not to disclose the figures originally and now more days have passed and now he’s announcing his figures. I wonder if he just made a few calls to his big oil friends to max out in contributions. 

Interesting that the MSM is also not talking about the Wisconsin poll that came out showing Bernie in 1st with 39% support. Fascinating. When they’ll publish any other poll with him in 2nd. 

But that’s okay. Well get the FEC report and I’ll be sure to audit his report. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

myluis617
53 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

In his Texas Senate race he took no big money, all grassroots. 

However, I suspect he’s taking big money, because I doubt he’d get more money than Bernie, but I could be wrong.

He must have had donations from cooperations to get that big number I did not even know who this man was.

• Like 1

rumours

Inb4 he becomes the Jeb Bush of the Democratic Primaries 

Edited by Rumours1977
  • Like 2

Aubbie
5 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Inb4 he becomes the Jeb Bush of the Democratic Primaries 

giphy.gif

• LMAO 11

Morphine Prince
21 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

He must have had donations from cooperations to get that big number I did not even know who this man was.

Well, no offense but Beto was huge during the primaries. The whole country was rooting for him to beat Ted Cruz. 

This is part of why he’s running for president. 

gag
26 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Really? I'm not even American but he was practically the biggest name during the midterms.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

HorusRa2
8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Well, no offense but Beto was huge during the primaries. The whole country was rooting for him to beat Ted Cruz. 

This is part of why he’s running for president. 

To be fair he was running against Satan personified. Of course the country was rooting for him. 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

KleinGa

This is what I call MOMENTUM! Big things are happening 

time to PACK up and GO HOME BERNIE

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 2

Postboy

We were rooting for him because Ted Cruz is the devil lol 

Beto is all platitudes, though. People wonder why the Democratic Party loses so many seats when we have a Democratic president? It’s because voters keep electing platitudes. 

Looking forward to him detailing what he plans on doing about climate change, our broken healthcare system, our broken electoral system, our broken education system, our broken judicial system, our broken banking laws, our broken campaign finance laws, our broken tax laws, our bloated defense budget, our hawkish foreign policy, the student loan debt crisis, and the monopolization of our economy.  

Real, meaningful changes in these areas that favor the working class is what will make the Democratic Party thrive and give credibility back to our politicians. Without that, you will continue to grow the number of independents in this country who want nothing to do with either party. 

Edited by Postboy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2