Shallow Won't Surpass Bad Romance Views

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

But there's a pattern tho that hasn't changed in years... Bad Romance is always the most viewed daily video of her older videos excluding any single released recently

Of course daily views fluctuate based on her popularity but regardless of where that is, Bad Romance is always the most viewed one daily 

Gaga had many hits after Bad Romance but all of them once the single was out of the charts for a while, their music videos daily views dropped below Bad Romance

And it was only 100K to 200K a day at her lowest points in her career. The daily average hasn't been that low since 2015

Interesting. Yeah it's hard to imagine Shallow having that level of longevity. In any case it'll be close. Shallow will reach 1B at least. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Economy
11 minutes ago, LittleMichael said:

Tbh, it's very hard to say... At this rate it's clear that Shallow will surpass Bad Romance, but it's natural that Shallow will slow down in the next months (but also BR will slow down, since it received an important boost in the past months)

All depends on how many views more than BR it will be able to have in the next months :popcorn:

I definitely think it will be close by the turn of the year cuz shallow is still popular and getting about 3M views a day. It will definately hit 1 Billion by early 2020 I think

But I also think once shallow is not popular anymore, it's not a video people will go back to whatch as frequently as Bad Romance

Every hit that came after bad romance followed the same pattern... The latest video got the most views while the latest single was popular...

But once a single was off the charts, it's daily views would drop below bad romance... That was the case even for hits that came years later like Applause

But Shallow is arguably her biggest global hit since Born This Way or even Bad Romance so maybe the views wont tank as much despite a lackluster video?

It's hard to say tbh

Serial Chiller

It will eventually. Big hits since 2015 have been getting 1B views like it’s nothing so... 

Economy
Just now, derpmonster said:

Interesting. Yeah it's hard to imagine Shallow having that level of longevity. In any case it'll be close. Shallow will reach 1B at least. 

Yeah I think it will reach 1B as well within the next year

I'm just curious to what will happen to its daily views once the song hasn't been popular in a while

I think the reason Bad Romance is always her most whatched older video is because when people get nostalgic and go to whatch Gaga, Bad Romance is still considered her most iconic video and perhaps the song too

Shallow is her new iconic song for a while globally but certainly the video is not iconic so I don't know if it can sustain higher daily views than Bad Romance once the song is out of people's minds

But it will be interesting to see... Either way it will be close I think

I'm 100% ok with this, I mean Shallow is great, but Bad Romance is Bad Romance :firega:

River

Shallow is becoming her signature song in some sense, give it time and it'll surpass BR..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Chickens in Malibu

I'm fine with it.

Bad Romance deserves to keep the title of Gaga's most iconic video #BoycottShallowMV

KatieJudasGaga4
10 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

It already did.

#1 Grammy Oscar Bafta winner song 

ASIB won for Best Music Overall, not just Shallow

freebit

I think you're wrong and Shallow will surpass it. Netflix/Hulu release of the movie is coming too, and people will just keep discovering it and watching it  - in that regard it has more opportunity to grow than Bad Romance does. 

It truly doesn't deserve to surpass it since it's a basic movie clip MV, but oh well.

Economy
5 minutes ago, freebit said:

I think you're wrong and Shallow will surpass it. Netflix/Hulu release of the movie is coming too, and people will just keep discovering it and watching it  - in that regard it has more opportunity to grow than Bad Romance does. 

That is true!!!!! I didn't think if the secondary boost of the movie impact once released to streaming services

I still think once shallow hype is gone for good it's views will drop back below Bad Romance but by the time that happens it may have already surpassed it

Edit: I did not find anything about it being added to Netflix in fact it seems like many Warner Bros movies go to HBO instead

Another day... another delulu 

mit took Shallow 6 months to get 400 millions views

it took bad romance almost ten years to get 1 billion 

it will surpass it like it ain’t nothing 

don’t get me wrong ... bad romance video is her best to day 

but shallow will surpass it for sure 

bookmark me 

Archived