đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga keep working with songwriters?

Defmix100

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

Why? :selena: He’s one of my fave artists and a great songwriter.

He wrote pretty much all of Come to Mama and Sinner's Prayer. 

1 minute ago, mariariot said:

what?

Come to Mama

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AshIey
2 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

He wrote pretty much all of Come to Mama and Sinner's Prayer. 

Come to Mama, yes but I don’t believe it was said that he wrote the majority of Sinner’s Prayer. And I was moreso asking why you wanted Gaga to stay away from him, lol.

Reginald

Collabs are fun, but I strongly prefer her individual songwriting style. The reason I say this is that most of her collabs since ARTPOP ended don't sound like her songwriting is even a part of the final product

misunderstood

People don't understand what songwriting is I can tell.

Songwriting doesn't only mean lyrics :air:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Glamourpuss

Come to Mama, yes but I don’t believe it was said that he wrote the majority of Sinner’s Prayer. And I was moreso asking why you wanted Gaga to stay away from him, lol.

Because I want her to write her own songs and he was the only name I knew of who had written a full song for her discography. 

Ziggy
56 minutes ago, McYves said:

Alanis Morissette in 2002 released "Under Rug Swept", she wrote every song and produced the whole album by herself only to prove she can do it. She even played guitar and keyboards on several songs. I truly hope Gaga do something similar in the future.  I love almost everything that Gaga has recorded, written, co-written, etc., but it would be so amazing to have a 100% Gaga album some day.

I don’t think she could do this just based on how lonely she gets. Imagine how isolating that would be for someone already verge prone to it.

AshIey
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

Because I want her to write her own songs and he was the only name I knew of who had written a full song for her discography. 

It’s not like he tried to take more control with writing or something (Gaga simply liked a song he already wrote) so I don’t see why they shouldn’t work together again, but ok.

Dilwyn
3 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

She needs to work with less song writers and stay away from Father John Misty. I don't mind if they have something to add but when the majority of the song is theirs then it really puts me off. 

One of the reasons I became a fan is because I believed her when she said she wrote everything herself. Now it feels like bs when she says it. 

but that song she did with him  she isn't even credited as a main writer, i don't think she is saying bs when she says she writes her songs.

colaborating with people doesn't mean she doesn't write her stuff, sometimes there's samples you gotta credit sometimes the produces helps a little with the song to make it fit better.

McYves
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

I don’t think she could do this just based on how lonely she gets. Imagine how isolating that would be for someone already verge prone to it.

But that doesn't mean she'll be alone in the studio 24/7 or something. You know what I mean.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

It’s not like he tried to take more control with writing or something (Gaga simply liked a song he already wrote) so I don’t see why they shouldn’t work together again, but ok.

It's my own personal opinion.

AshIey
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's my own personal opinion.

It honestly seems a bit close minded but you do you.

Glamourpuss

It honestly seems a bit close minded but you do you.

I liked Sinner's Prayer but Come to Mama is one I really dislike. 

I'm far from being close minded. 

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Miel said:

I wouldn't say "didn't write", but definitely that she built upon a foundation that was already created (like the example above with Aura). I feel like quite a bit of ARTPOP was created in the manner that she did with Stache (pre-made instrumental with original lyric and melody creation), except with some additional production. That's kind of funny, all considering in the same album she had her first solo production credit (Venus).

Now, Come to Mama is an interesting case. Did we ever get more information on Father John Misty's "demo"? I've heard elsewhere that his recording was crafted after they worked on it together. Same situation with the Mary Jane Holland and Can't Beat the Machine (or whatever that was called). There was accusations of her lifting that directly from that "original demo", even though the other song still had some instrumentation from her guitarist.

GAH.

yeah that's good that her guitarist can be heard in Can't Beat the Machines otherwise I think it would have seemed bs about that mix being done after working with Gaga

Archived