SPARTACUS

Lock her up!

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
6 hours ago, TheFame Monster said:

I think they're in on it. I doubt they could or would actually do anything over a fake coupon tweet. Plus most of the people claiming they didn't receive their coupon didn't actually try to use it. Lol

3 hours ago, Daredevil said:

they are “investigating”. meanwhile everyone knows who started this whole thing :laughga:

49 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

The good sis nico.......WE-:nooo:

Plot twist 1: Starbucks actually reporting the account (fkanico) and is now restricted

Plot twist 2: This other rather popular Gaga account is his another account

EDIT:

False alarm, it was actually caused by something else :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Miel

Like... not to sound mean but I still don't understand how people don't get this is just an absurd joke fklsdkjflsdkjfjsdf

3 points in and ready for more

RAMROD
6 minutes ago, Miel said:

Like... not to sound mean but I still don't understand how people don't get this is just an absurd joke fklsdkjflsdkjfjsdf

Yeah, I guess standom is way too deep to some :ladyhaha:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Miel
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Yeah, I guess standom is way too deep to some :ladyhaha:

To be fair, I forget that stan twitter humor (the bad and the good) is literally so far removed from, like, "regular people" humor that it's kind of eye-opening lmaoooooo

Like, I tried explaining to my sister how the "Good Form" sped-up meme videos are pinnacle humor, and she just couldn't get it dkfjldk

3 points in and ready for more

Fanta

It’s actually embarrassing and pissing me off lol. It’s all fun and games until this mess is attached to her name. Everything was going perfectly until this Starbucks thing got out of hand. 

Allan

And to think that I actually believed it :toofunny:

On the other hand, the song got a Grammy AND an Academy Award and it's basically the most awarded song ever. Why does it matter so much if it goes #1 on Billboard anyway? At the end of the day, we all know that many crappy songs could go viral and make it to the top of the charts, but winning a Grammy and most importanly an Oscar is a pretty tough task

Gaga start this when promoting applause (billboard said gaga did fraud in applause wikipedia). Don't only blame LM

I wish gaga know this

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Fanta said:

It’s actually embarrassing and pissing me off lol. It’s all fun and games until this mess is attached to her name. Everything was going perfectly until this Starbucks thing got out of hand. 

People need to stop taking the Billboard #1 so seriously and getting pissed that some stan groups called her irrelevant because she didn't have #1. Twitter stans aren't the ones who decide who is relevant. Beyonce only had one for one week with Ed Sheeran, and that was after a decade of not having one. Adele sells 2x all the other girls, and has less #1s than Ariana. Pure sales matter a lot more in the long run than radio play/streaming.

And yes, I agree it's all fun and games until the mess gets attached to her name. Stan culture can be fun, but it can also be toxic or go overboard (or toxic and overboard). In this case, it all went overboard. Like the focus should be on her winning an Oscar, and instead it shifted to affair rumors and now this dumb sh*t.

Other stan bases do this (particularly the KPop groups) and Tidal got in trouble for inflating numbers. But Gaga's name guarantees clicks, and she doesn't have Beyonce's insanely powerful PR. The stans just need to chill tf out and act like...Adele stans if they have to do something.

Ultimately, I don't think it will reflect badly upon her because it was clearly a stan thing and relatively harmless (unless they revoke her #1). The Ed Sheeran bullying thing was different, because even tho she had sh*t to do with it it wasn't harmless. But still, it's messy ish she doesn't need.

LilyLark
13 minutes ago, boycamp said:

Gaga start this when promoting applause (billboard said gaga did fraud in applause wikipedia). Don't only blame LM

I wish gaga know this

There's nothing in the applause wikipedia about fraud, and if something went wrong it wouldn't be on Gaga-it would be on her label. But even if she or her label did f*ck up with the promotion for that song, which wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing happened with an artist, it doesn't mean she had anything to do with this mess for Shallow which was clearly started by the fans.

So yeah, this is entirely on the LM. ASIB and Joanne promotion was very normal, etc.

6 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

There's nothing in the applause wikipedia about fraud, and if something went wrong it wouldn't be on Gaga-it would be on her label. But even if she or her label did f*ck up with the promotion for that song, which wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing happened with an artist, it doesn't mean she had anything to do with this mess for Shallow which was clearly started by the fans.

So yeah, this is entirely on the LM. ASIB and Joanne promotion was very normal, etc.

She was criticized for tweeting fans and encouraging them to purchase numerous copies of the single, with the chance to meet the singer in London offered as an incentive

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, boycamp said:

She was criticized for tweeting fans and encouraging them to purchase numerous copies of the single, with the chance to meet the singer in London offered as an incentive

Okay, so one bad promotion, nearly seven years ago, doesn't excuse this LM from taking a joke way too far.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived