đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga working with Glenn

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

So Glenn Close is finally doing a film version of Sunset Blvd (the musical version on Broadway for which she has won a Tony). There's the danger of it being compared to the classic Gloria Swanson version, but the musical nature sets it apart and most think this may finally get her that damn Oscar.

Anyway, I'm curious if they go after Gaga for the girlfriend part. I've already seen Broadway people mentioning it on twitter, and she seems like kind of an obvious choice: age wise, talent wise, etc. And Glenn and Gaga know each other, after all.

Part of me would love to see Gaga in the role...but I'm kind of over "Oscars", and I say that as someone who has watched the Oscars/kept up with the race for the past several years. And as a Gaga fan, I think she looks way more at ease at the Grammys and even the Golden Globes when she was doing AHS and people are less judgey about her crying, etc. I hope she keeps acting, but I think it may be more fun if she does more mainstream stuff or TV since there are so many good TV projects these days (Ryan has a Netflix deal, the Parisian musical drama produced by Damien Chazelle, etc.). And a mini series on TV wouldn't prevent her from an L6 tour. 

Do you all want to see Gaga do another Oscar bait film so soon, or no?  And do you think they'll ask her for the role?

I loved seeing Gaga on the big screen, it was kind of a surreal experience for me as a longtime fan so I would love to see her in more movies (and snag another Oscar nomination and/or win would be ideal :flutter:) but definitely in roles that have less to do with Gaga herself - so less musical performances perhaps and more Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine sorta roles :ally: we need her to be as versatile in acting as she is as a musician

Bradley

Thing is, I don't think she only wants to do movies or TV shows relating to music. She did American Horror Story, which had nothing to do with music, and won a Golden Globe for it.

I'd be thrilled if she does another Oscar-type of movie, but I would be fine if she leads a TV show as well.

Ryan announced a new show called Hollywood that starts shooting this summer, so maybe she can star in that. Thing is I'm not sure if Netflix is great in campaigning for actors.

I really hope she dominates TV the way Darren Criss and Sarah Paulson did for American Crime Story.

I want her to lead a TV show like Amy Adams did for Sharp Objects.

LilyLark
16 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

Thing is, I don't think she only wants to do movies or TV shows relating to music. She did American Horror Story, which had nothing to do about music, and won a Golden Globe for it.

I'd be thrilled if she does another Oscar-type of movie, but I would be fine if she leads a TV show as well.

Ryan announced a new show called Hollywood that starts shooting this summer, so maybe she can star in that. Thing is I'm not sure if Netflix is great in campaigning for actors.

I really hope she dominates TV the way Darren Criss and Sarah Paulson did for American Crime Story.

I want her to lead a TV show like Amy Adams did for Sharp Objects.

Netflix does a decent job campaigning. The good thing about Ryan is that he likes her enough that he would write her a small supporting role if she was busy, and she could sweep in and get that "guest actor" Emmy. I wouldn't be shocked at all if she does a Ryan series, because of their previous connection, his tv series suiting her "style" imo, and the fact that he seems to adore her and would probably work around her schedule.

She would have killed it as Donatella, too.

Bradley
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Netflix does a decent job campaigning. The good thing about Ryan is that he likes her enough that he would write her a small supporting role if she was busy, and she could sweep in and get that "guest actor" Emmy. I wouldn't be shocked at all if she does a Ryan series, because of their previous connection, his tv series suiting her "style" imo, and the fact that he seems to adore her and would probably work around her schedule.

She would have killed it as Donatella, too.

She doesn't have shows scheduled in March, April, May and July, and with her calibre right now after A Star Is Born, she definitely wants to lead.

gypsy101

i could see her in the role. it was origjnally played by Judy Kuhn in the american premiere in LA (she sang Pocahontas and played Cosette in Les Miz and was in the OBC of Chess and Fun Home) so it’s more of a classical type of voice part but Gaga’s singing of Sound of Music shows she can sing that. plus the duet she sings with Joe towards the end (Too Much in Love to Care) is one of the best songs in the show

highlikegaga
1 hour ago, danilov said:

I just want her to star for season 3 of Big Little Lies

yeah...i don't think that's happening :huntyga: season 2 is probably the last season.

Spoiler

but who knows these days

Mirages

I would love to see her work with Glenn but I just hope she doesn't do musical next so she doesn't get type casted and the narrative against her that she only plays in musicals. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Diamond heart99

I posted about the Ryan series a few days ago. I bet she’s going to do that if it can work w/ Enigma.

Emmy here we come!

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

ryhanna
1 hour ago, highlikegaga said:

yeah...i don't think that's happening :huntyga: season 2 is probably the last season.

Hide contents

but who knows these days

To be fair, season 1 was labelled a miniseries and claimed to be the only one... up until it got super popular. I guess if S2 has similar ratings they'll keep going.

Bigmac1162

I heard she met with Leo before the CAA pre Oscar party so maybe a Gaga/Leo movie??  I would love to see her do another project 

YourCureness

To be honest, I dont care she does an Oscar bait movie or not. She is already an Oscar Winner anyway

Queen Bitch

I would love if Gaga got an acting career like Selena Gomez (just with better acting:selena:) Unlike other singer/actors like Yoncé and Rihanna, Selena rarely acts in big mainstream Hollywood films. She acts in indie dramas and art films like Rudderless, The Fundamentals of Caring, In Dubious Battle, A Rainy Day In New York and The Dead Don't Die. That's the kind of movies i would love to see Gaga do. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with doing Disney movies and big action Hollywood movies, but I think Gaga’s movie career should be different and more interesting, just like her music career. I would also like to see Gaga in another tv series. 

I want her to stop caring about awards. I know she herself said that it's never about awards but about the craft (which I agree with), but honestly the way she reacted to her award wins make it seem like she does care about awards, maybe a little too much. If she really believes it's not about the awards, she should stop giving a **** about them. 

Archived