Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Economy

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, Gaga Ooh Lala said:

Y'all know what's pushing Katy Perry to flop? Her damn hair. Miss me with all feminazi BS but that short cropped blonde just doesn't work for her. All celebs have branding. Britney being a quintessential personification of bottleΒ blonde.Β Gaga being an oddball or having a rebel streak despite all the metamorphoses. Katy was her hair. The pixie cut just doesn't work for her. It worked for Emma Watson. It worked for Anne Hathaway. But she is anything but those ladies. She's no artsy fartsy actress. She's a bombshell. That's what her personality is and it clashes with the Ellen haircut. Imagine if she had long dark hair when she stole that kiss from that boy in American Idol. The backlash wouldn't have been as bad.

It's worth noting that Emma and Anne didn't keep their pixie crops for long, though. I think they immediately regretted such a dramatic change of image and let's face it, perhaps they felt they'd lost a bit of their femininity somewhat. I saw someone make an online comment saying "Emma used to be hot but now she looks like a 12 year old boy" and comments like that must have been very hurtful. Even Miley admitted she was growing her hair out as soon as she got the chance, probably because being compared to Draco Malfoy wasn't favourable. And Katy has had the same level of public negativity since her new look, which is why I'm surprised she hasn't changed it, despite wearing wigs occasionally. I thought she'd ditch the look as soon as her tour and album promo was over but to see her keeping it is unexpected. I guess she must genuinely like it then, so in that case, good on her for just sticking to what she wants. But considering that Feels was an unexpected hit and she had long hair in that and looked like her old self, you'd think she'd have made the connection and at the very least worn a wig for a while, as she has done numerous times. I thought her label would definitely have been pressuring her to go back to her old look.

However, she was struggling considerably before Witness and her new look. Her feature on John Mayer's track didn't crack top 40. Apart from Roar and Dark Horse, the remaining 3 singles from Prism flopped, not even cracking the US top 10. Her standalone single, Rise, also missed the top ten. She had her old look and sound in all those videos. Don't get me wrong, I think the hair was a big factor, but it's far from the only one. I think it's a case of the world was beginning to tire of Katy Perry over-saturation on the radio, were moving on from bubblegum pop as we were moving in a more urban direction and Katy was also experiencing the come-down that every artist gets after their biggest hit album when she released Prism. Teenage Dream had 6 #1's and 2 top 10's. There was no way she was going to replicate anything close with her follow-up and she didn't. Witness was just an extension of that. I think she just peaked far too soon. She equalled MJ's record with her second album! Artists who achieve massive things like that very early into their career usually burn out equally as early, with very few exceptions. This downfall is in no way unique to Katy.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g

She just needs long hair, honestly

γ€ŽπŸπšπ­πž 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 π›πž πœπ‘πšπ§π πžπγ€

riotx

Katy talked about why she cut her hair and why she keeps it. It's really sad. But I really encourage to all of you to see it.

Β 

Archived