💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Economy

Featured Posts

jaXXXon
47 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

may we please remember what gaga went through during ARTPOP? the articles written about her?

please, let's not feed into this bullshit, let the girl live. in an era where we all want females to be empowered and what not, every year we always have that 1 pop girl that is shredded to bits. sad. very sad.

May we also remember that only 1 percent from those ever have a comeback? I mean, Xtina, Janet, Britney, Avril etc. flopped and have so far not made a comeback. 

Don't think it's easy. A select few get the chance of coming back like Gaga. I can't at people automatically thinking Katy can just because Gaga could. Statistically, Katy's commercial success and relevancy is over and she will probably not have a comeback.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antichrist
Just now, jaXXXon said:

May we also remember that only 1 percent from those ever have a comeback? I mean, Xtina, Janet, Britney, Avril etc. flopped and have so far not made a come back. 

Don't think it's easy. A select few get the chance of coming back like Gaga. I can't at people automatically thinking Katy can just because Gaga could. Statistically, Katy's commercial success and relevancy is over. 

k then, let's just piss on them while we're at it.

i swear, if asib didn't have the success it did, y'all would be defending katy so badly.

the tides turn, and y'all show your true faces.

Spoiler

i'm being a bit extra today, defending katy perry 'n all that :ladyhaha:

RAMROD

It is pretty much spot on observation imho.

She need to find some hit makers for herself again that is not Dr.Luke. She got famous because of the bubble gum pop songs, not because she is Katy Perry. Which is why it is harder for her to rebound, now she parted ways with him. Besides, her lyrics writing are mediocre at best. She wasting lots of great beats on Witness with abysmal lyrics like wtf :saladga:

And her approach and pandering to whatever popular at the moment is also cringey af. It won't surprised me if she would do some K-Pop collab next just because it is what's in now

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

jaXXXon
Just now, Antichrist said:

k then, let's just piss on them while we're at it.

i swear, if asib didn't have the success it did, y'all would be defending katy so badly.

the tides turn, and y'all show your true faces.

Hide contents

i'm being a bit extra today, defending katy perry 'n all that :ladyhaha:

But that's not how it works. I've always believed Gaga could have a comeback (and I was right) because she is talented and versatile. And I've always said that once Katy flopped she would have trouble coming back because she's just not that interesting to the gp and has very few things she can do other than radio pop music. And her radio pop success has faded so what is she going to do? 

I'm just saying if Britney, Xtina, Avril, Kelly, Kesha (or Cyndi Lauper, Paula Abdul for that matter) among many others couldn't, what are the chances Katy can? 

For every 10 flops there's a comeback. I think Gaga took that spot from her generation. 

TEANUS

The only way I would say her situation is worse than Gaga’s is because of Gaga’s versatility. Before and during ARTPOP she had already proven her versatility and was able to use it when things got rough.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Phaye Monster

This poor girl can’t catch a damn break. 

She has too many hits to be forgotten. Everyone knows her songs, and there’s still time for 365 to grow (although unlikely).

Billboard are just being dramatic

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Reginald

As I get older,  I'm starting to appreciate Music Not the Bling even more.

Especially after years of watching Gaga struggle to get attention even though she was creating great music, and extraordinary art for a mainstream pop artist. 

1 hour ago, Indyl said:

"She scored two #1 singles from One of the Boys"

False, I Kissed a Girl was the only Hot 100 #1 from that album

billboard can't fact check themselves lmao

hot n cold went number 1 tho

A Hybrid
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I don't think it's quite that simple...

Britney Spears was the definition of manufactured as she was like the biggest female pop start of this century

There's lots of raw honest artists that stay underground and never break into the scene

The whole "talent always wins" to me is total Fantasy and just a saying

A good PR team wins :firega:

Talent keeps you relevant 10 years into your career :trollga:

No family’s safe when I sashay

Anderson123

The sad thing is that she is who she is because of Dr. Luke and now that she works with other producers it’s going to be hard to ever be the type of popstar she once was. She really has to do something about that. 

• Admin changed the title to Billboard Says Katy Perry's Career Is In Danger

Archived