Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Guide: Let's make Shallow go #1

derpmonster

Featured Posts

derpmonster

Liddos, get ready for this last day. I should've done this earlier but it's not too late. We are INSANELY close to a #1 but it's very close. We need to keep streaming. So, I made this guide for y'all to help. If you have 8 GB of RAM on your computer or more, PLEASE do this to double your contribution (run on main Spotify app and in this virtual machine simultaneously). If you have less, you can try but I can't guarantee it'll run. If you have 8 or more, you can even create multiple VMs!

It's most useful if liddos in the US do it. Others, please try to figure out VPNs.

Short explanation of what this is: A virtual machine is like another OS that runs inside a window. So it can have its own apps. This virtual machine (VM) has its own instance of Spotify that you can use to stream Shallow in addition to the Spotify app on your computer at the same time to double streams.

Step 1: Download and install VirtualBox

There's a big button. Download the latest version (6.0) for whichever OS you're using: https://www.virtualbox.org/

Once you have downloaded, installation should be easy. Follow the steps and leave everything default unless you know what you're doing. If you're on macOS, you'll have to do extra steps (allow in System Preferences), thanks to Apple :madge:

Step 2: Download this pre-built virtual machine containing a version of Ubuntu with Spotify pre-installed!

I did the work so you don't have to. :vegas:

Link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmHoiNgQEFyYlp9aVgUwVJ-LyYms4w

Download the file Lubuntu.ova. If you have any trouble, comment here or PM me.

Step 3: Open VirtualBox and click Import

image.png

Step 4: Locate the Lubuntu.ova file you downloaded

This would be in your downloads folder. Let all default settings remain. Click Import.

Step 5: Click on the VM which will say "Lubuntu with Spotify." Click Settings. Go to Network.

MAKE SURE THAT THE NETWORK ADAPTER IS SET TO "BRIDGED" MODE.

It should be, by default, but something might have gone wrong so verify. In the drop down, your Wireless/WiFi should be selected if you're using that.

This ensures that your virtual machine gets a unique IP address, so Spotify considers streaming on your device to be different than that on the VM.

Should be similar to this: (name will most likely be different - select the one that sounds like WiFi if you use WiFi or ethernet if you use ethernet)

image.png

Step 6: Now you're ready to run! Click on the machine and then hit Start.

image.png

Step 7: Wait for it to boot. You should see a desktop screen. If you ever need the password, it's "gaga".

NOTE: If things are too big, click on the View menu on the top of the window -> Virtual Display 1 -> Scale to 100% (instead of 200%).

image.png

Step 8: Click on the Lubuntu equivalent of the Start button on the bottom left. Under Sound & Video, find Spotify. Voila! :vegas:

Step 9: In Spotify, make a fresh account. Make a playlist with Shallow, Shallow Radio Edit, Too Far Gone, Parking Lot Dialogue, and set it to stream with shuffle and repeat. Leave it running. :vegas:

image.png

:selena:

NOTE: If you have enough RAM to do this, you can even repeat Steps 3 to 9 and create even more simultaneous instances of Spotify streaming Shallow!

Step 10: Get that #1 binch. :vegas:

image.png

:ally:

(If you need to uninstall it all after tomorrow, let me know and I'll help)

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
Just now, SlaeUrAnus said:

I love how creative this fan base is :lmao:

Shut up and stream, sis :triggered:

Spoiler

Thank you :kiss:

Spoiler

Now go stream, make that virtual machine

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

highongaga

i wish i could do this right now but i have to sleep but I'll make sure to do this when i wake up :cryga: we can do this monsters :party:

YEAHHH BUDDY

StarstruckIllusion

if my PC guy wasn’t sick i’d have the POWER to do this. Ugh I’m even madder now lolol

KatieJudasGaga4
4 minutes ago, Saint Jude said:

i...

i have to laugh

You won't be laughing when Shallow goes #2, do it :triggered:

darkchylde
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

You won't be laughing when Shallow goes #2

bold of you to asume that

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, Saint Jude said:

I was joking too lol