💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

ARUTW Jumps 206 Ranks, Gets 2M Views In A Day... Most So Far

Economy

Featured Posts

FinnishGypsy

They would be foolish to not push ARUTW. Technically, the only reason it didn’t reach #1 WW was because it was blocked by Shallow being at #1. But it held firmly in the #2 position for ages despite zero promotion. 

And even though Shallow has effectively established its own permanent worldwide residency at the #1 spot, ARUTW nevertheless remained in the top 10-20 WW for months. 

Really, all they need is to establish a brief radio deal (because ARUTW is extremely radio-friendly, far more so than Shallow, and fits perfectly for Pop, HAC and AC formats). It wouldn’t require much more than a week of paid spins to get it spinning organically. Then get it back on Spotify's TTH, and have Gaga start performing it at Enigma. Professionally record her debut Enigma performance of ARUTW, and release it on her official VEVO. 

I’d be shocked if it didn’t smash.

ETA: Finally, this would seriously be the perfect time to release the song, considering all the other artists who normally dominate Top 40/AC/HAC radio, e.g., Adele, Ed Sheeran and Pink, are presently in-between albums. 

Gaga4stef

It deserves recognition. I hope it's finally getting much deserved attention. 

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

Economy
Just now, FinnishGypsy said:

They would be foolish to not push ARUTW. Technically, the only reason it didn’t reach #1 WW was because it was blocked by Shallow being at #1. But it held firmly in the #2 position for ages despite zero promotion. 

And even though Shallow has effectively established its own permanent worldwide residency at the #1 spot, ARUTW nevertheless remained in the top 10-20 WW for months. 

Really, all they need is to establish a brief radio deal (because ARUTW is extremely radio-friendly, far more so than Shallow, and fits perfectly for Pop, HAC and AC formats). It wouldn’t require much more than a week of paid spins to get it spinning organically. Then get it back on Spotify's TTH, and have Gaga start performing it at Enigma. Professionally record her debut Enigma performance of ARUTW, and release it on her official VEVO. 

I’d be shocked if it didn’t smash.

I really hope they push it too otherwise it feels like a wasted hit

I do wonder if the rights being split between Interscope and Warner Bros somehow complicates this tho as far as the paper work goes and so they don't wanna go thru the work of doing another single

I just don't know why they aren't pushing it

Labels have to fight tooth and nail to make hits in this competitive industry and ARUTW is practically doing all the work itself they just need to take the opportunity so I don't get it :shrug:

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

doï»żï»ż wonder if the rights being split between Interscope and Warnerï»ż Bros ï»żsomehow complicates this tho as far as the paper work goes and ï»żso they don't wanna go thru the work of doing another singleï»żï»żï»żï»żï»ż

I mean, Gaga's first few albums were like 5 labels. :selena: Interscope, Streamline, Kon Live, Cherry Tree, another maybe

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Economy
Just now, derpmonster said:

I mean, Gaga's first few albums were like 5 labels. :selena: Interscope, Streamline, Kon Live, Cherry Tree, another maybe

:deadbanana:

37 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

All these labels fell under Interscope, meaning that she can switch around while keeping her contract in tact.

McMonster08

I'm here for ARUTW and other tracks (INLA & ITA) being pushed as singles. Milk the cow while it's still alive, Interscope. :vegas:

FinnishGypsy

Plus, I just realized how perfectly the lyrics would resonate at this exact moment in time. As the ASIB era officially ends, and the entire world just had their love affair for Gagley solidified due to the Oscar's performance, there would be nothing more beautiful than Gaga essentially asking everyone to "always remember (them) this way":

rs_480x270-190224191720-500-bradley-coop

FinnishGypsy
53 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

I'm here for ARUTW and other tracks (INLA & ITA) being pushed as singles. Milk the cow while it's still alive, Interscope. :vegas:

Agreed. Now that the award season is over and “Shallow” accomplished everything it was intended to (plus so much more), it’s time to start releasing a ton of tracks off ASIB, and to different radio/streaming formats depending on the song.

Aside from ARUTW, all of the following could possibly be hits (or, at the very least, allow for the spotlight to now be refocused on Gaga’s solo music):

ITA, INLA, HBF, HM, and even WDYDT. 

The OST is honestly filled with such a rich array of hits spanning across multiple genres. I'd be so disappointed if they paid the remainder of the songs dust.

However, I think that if any more songs are officially released, they should be accompanied with entirely new visuals that separate her from Ally. Hence, I think they should release the tracks alongside professional footage from new performances at Enigma, or at the very least with well-produced lyric videos (because I can’t imagine them actually investing in making “real” LG MVs for a movie wherein promo is wrapped up, and they really can’t continue using footage from the movie anymore either). 

Because ultimately, even though tons of people saw the movie and bought the OST, most didn’t see/listen to it repeatedly like we did, and thus likely wont even recall the “pop tracks,” for example, and ITA was only in the credits, which very few people sit through (although it honestly deserved an entire scene, IMO).

For whatever reason, ITA is probably the most emotional track on the entire album, as the way Gaga emotes (and belts!) is unbelievable. I’m pretty sure that song could reduce anyone to tears, and if they released it, it would likely become a staple "first dance" song at weddings. 

Archived