monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Judas

Glen's odds of winning was so sky high OMGĀ :messga:

Imagine this:

Shallow wins all original song awards, Bafta award, 3x Grammys, Golden Globe, Critics choice award (tied with Dianne) and every other award. Only for the Oscars to go to the cowboy songĀ :selena:Ā 

I feel bad for herĀ :giveup:

Glittertinks

I was pretty satisfied with the winners, except Bohemian Rhapsody (especially the Sound and Editing categories... like there were better movies nominated in there? A Quiet Place is build around Sound and Roma was phenomenal... Anyways) and of couse Green Book. I really thought we would see an historic win at some point, because the winners until that point have been pretty diverse. Blackkklansman or Black Panther or even Roma winning would have been something. It would have meant something. But Green Book winning Best Picture was like, someone giving us a grim reminder that we are far from done fighting for equality and against outdated views. :noparty:

Oh on another note, First Man winning Visual Effects over Avengers or even Ready Player One was something. :air:

Emigrante
49 minutes ago, Glittertinks said:

. But Green Book winning Best Picture was like, someoneļ»æ giving us a grim reminder that we are far from doneļ»æ fighting for equality and against outdated views

What do you mean exactly?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Serial Chiller
4 hours ago, Kitsch said:

Did you guys even see Green Book? That movie was revolutionary.

Agree about Bohemian Rhaposody though.

revolutionary? by offering the shallowest sketched overĀ portrayal ofĀ racism? sure it was set inĀ segregation period, and based on real events, but theĀ characterization is unbelieavably 1-dimensional, primarily in the main white character. I said it once and I will say it again: Green book is a movie about racism for people who believe racism no longer exists. Itā€™s cheesy and completely lacking in subtlety. If they really needed a movie about racism to win, Blackklansman deserved it way more.Ā 

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

revolutionary? by offering the shallowest sketched overĀ portrayal ofĀ racism? sure it was set inĀ segregation period, and based on real events, but theĀ characterization is unbelieavably 1-dimensional, primarily in the main white character. I said it once and I will say it again: Green book is a movie about racism for people who believe racism no longer exists. Itā€™s cheesy and completely lacking in subtlety. If they really needed a movie about racism to win, Blackklansman deserved it way more.Ā 

I might need you to elaborate on 'one-dimensional characterisation', point out whay exactly is wrong with the portrayal. I know there have been historical accuracies regarding the portrayal of Don Shirley, and it is a shame this became a controversy, but in terms of technicality, and the director's artistic ability to create a movie, I don't get how you can say he did a bad job.

Also Green Book never purported to say racism doesn't exist anymore right? Its emphasis was more on the relationship between Don and Tony and I think some of y'all are turning a movie with a benevolent message into I dk a disgrace of Hollywood or something.

I mean I respect your opinion but I cannot understand why you hold it.

1 hour ago, monsterdino said:

Gaga2019.png

Amazing, youā€™d think that was her career total as opposed to awards she won in just the last 2 months!

Glittertinks
2 hours ago, Emigrante said:

What do you mean exactly?

Green Book is still following pretty old... views. It makes racism look easy to solve imo. I thought like a lot of this year's winners were going into the right direction where I thought it would also apply to the Best Picture category but I was wrong. The Academy chose a pretty save and standart movie to give the statue to. They chose the past. They chose to not be political in any way. The chose not to make a statement. And film makers are trying to fight for more equality and Green Book winning was basically the reminder that... there is still a lot of work to do.

Batwings

Let's not forget about one of the greatest moments of the evening. These reactions:

2mx0e9c.jpg

Ā 

Yalitza: Oh look, another old white lady winning, what a surprise.

Glenn: Well, sh**.

Olivia: WELL TINKY WINKS AND FLIBBERTY GIBBETS! GLENN WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN!

Gaga: [holds Oscar in front of her and shows off cleavage] OH WOW! I got an Oscar before Glenn! Italian legend, tbh.

Melissa: GUUUUUUURL, IS GLENN GONNA COME FOR HA WIG???

Ā 

Whispering
16 hours ago, monsterdino said:

Gaga2019.png

Remember when fans here were whining about Gaga doing a movie with a full soundtrack?Ā 

Thank goodness Gaga has herself and a team of experienced professionals making smart decisions!Ā 

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Whispering said:

Remember when fans here were whining about Gaga doing a movie with a full soundtrack?Ā 

Thank goodness Gaga has herself and a team of experienced professionals making smart decisions!Ā 

Those fans will find something to cry about as soon as Gaga doing something new soon. :madge:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

• Haroon unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived