Ronlop

Are you praying?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Are you praying?

• Yes I am praying
    • Yes I am praying

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

I seriously and being totally honest would prefer that she wins best song (which is happening) and Bradley got best actor. HE deserves to get some recognition from this movie. I think it will hurt me more if Bradley doesn't win than Gaga not winning best actress (cuz she's getting the other one so :ohwell:)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
46 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

DQZGcWnVwAAIb4q.jpg

We need your prayers for tomorrow! 

I pray too

DUo9XVCW4AEpmPr?format=jpg&name=medium

DUpcNIuVoAA6v5Y?format=jpg&name=small

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

A Real Panda

Laughing at this. She'll still be an oscar winner tomorrow for Best Original Song and we dont need the backlash that would happen if Gaga would win Best Actress for her first lead in a film.

Bradley

As a huge movie fan and critic, I think all top three contenders, Glenn Close, Lady Gaga and Olivia Colman deserve to win Best Actress. I'm sorry but no other woman can deliver what Gaga did for A Star Is Born. I have come to appreciate her subtle acting that is very not often seen on screen.

But why do people keep saying Olivia is better than Glenn, just because Glenn's acting isn't as flashy as Olivia's doesn't mean she's less good, I would vote for Glenn over Olivia to be honest.

pachinko
15 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

As a huge movie fan and critic, I think all top three contenders, Glenn Close, Lady Gaga and Olivia Colman deserve to win Best Actress. I'm sorry but no other woman can deliver what Gaga did for A Star Is Born. I have come to appreciate her subtle acting that is very not often seen on screen.

But why do people keep saying Olivia is better than Glenn, just because Glenn's acting isn't as flashy as Olivia's doesn't mean she's less good, I would vote for Glenn over Olivia to be honest.

How about you repent and come back to vote for Gagz

1 hour ago, NewYorkCity said:

I seriously and being totally honest would prefer that she wins best song (which is happening) and Bradley got best actor. HE deserves to get some recognition from this movie. I think it will hurt me more if Bradley doesn't win than Gaga not winning best actress (cuz she's getting the other one so :ohwell:)

Sadly, Bradley has no chance of winning this time. Rami has won everything. At least Gaga has the Critics Choice Awards. 

underneath the pine

1 hour ago, ManilaMonster said:

Laughing at this. She'll still be an oscar winner tomorrow for Best Original Song and we dont need the backlash that would happen if Gaga would win Best Actress for her first lead in a film.

I don't understand this backlash thing. From whom? Many critics are still rooting for her and say that she should win it. Not saying she will but still. I don't think anyone who has seen the movie could say that Gaga winning over Glen or Coleman it's unfair.

Now I kinda see that winning as your first lead thing could backlash. But it's happened. And to be honest I don't think Gaga will continue acting after this nom. Maybe a rom-com or cameos but nothing like ASIB again imo.

underneath the pine

FinnishGypsy

I’m “only” expecting a win for BOS, but I honestly think I’ll be too nervous to actually watch the awards show, even though I’ll obviously stream Gaga’s performance (and Adam & Queen).

That honestly sounds so ludicrous, to be too nervous to WATCH something that literally has NO impact on my own life, but I feel unnaturally invested in ASIB and can’t sit through three hours of (potentially) watching it lose in every category to a far inferior film.

ETA: Can you even IMAGINE how nervous Gaga must be right now? Despite a decade-long career of breaking records left and right, tomorrow night will arguably be the BIGGEST night of her professional life thus far (or at least commensurate with the SB halftime show, although a BA nod at the Oscars is still way more prestigious and rare, particularly for a popstar. Madonna would know :ally:). 

FinnishGypsy
3 hours ago, ManilaMonster said:

I don’t think she’ll win BA, but I seriously doubt any actual backlash would occur (although all the annoying ATRL stans from other fanbases will make numerous irrelevant blog posts trying to make the “backlash” happen). 

Truthfully, as respected as she is, the GP as a whole, especially after this week, aren’t actually even remotely emotionally invested in Glenn Close or her win; for example, contrast how people are saying “yeah, it’s probably time for her to go ahead and win” vs what they were saying for someone like Leonardo DiCaprio, for whom the public and media became increasingly incensed each year that he didn’t win an Oscar, and collectively rejoiced when he finally (very deservedly) did. This is not a similar situation. 

Hell, Gaga probably got more backlash for running into DiCaprio’s chair during her first GG win than she would with a BA win. :laughga:

And all the top critics have raved about Gaga’s performance, so there’s no logical basis for any backlash (which should have occurred when the critically-panned BR won Best Picture at the GG). This is just a very unusual awards season, which is fitting for the very unusual times we are living in.

Jonathan2244

More Nervous for this than the Globes, Sag, Grammys and Critic's Choice, Its so Bizarre and Scary.

Like other said it could be one of the biggest nights of her life or it could be the biggest night of her life if she won best actress 

3 hours ago, TMM90 said:

Do we really want her to win something she doesn’t deserve (yet) :ohwell::trollga::oops:

Tbh, no. If she wins, she'll get a lot of backlash for payola/buying the award out or winning just because the Academy wanted to milk the hype. And no one wants that. 

I'd rather have Gaga win Best Actress in the future when her win is uncontested and when most people can agree that her win is well deserved. :flutter:

But if Rami/BR win over Bradley/ASIB.. :triggered:

I'm okay with ASIB losing to BlackKklansman, but not to BR.. 

Bradley
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

How about you repent and come back to vote for Gagz

No I was just saying I would vote for Glenn over Olivia, if Gaga isn't in the picture.

I haven't decided yet who between Glenn and Gaga I will vote for, but it doesn't matter cause I'm not part of the Academy. :messga:

Archived