Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How many tracks should LG6 have?

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan
On 2/20/2019 at 1:50 AM, derpmonster said:

If it's one album, 10-13 on standard, 13-15 on bonus.

If she finally does the 2 album thing she's been considering, then one album of 12 songs at most. And then 9 or 10 B-sides.

As much as I want *any* new music, albums longer than that become harder to conceptually tie together and some tracks invariably feel like fillers. I'm also sick of critics underrating Gaga albums, and something more cohesive is likely to get good reviews.

But why does it need to be cohesive? I understand that’s ideal for most people, but cohesion was never really something I cared about. I’m a fan of diversity and individuality. I feel like cohesive albums tend to be too homogenous. Lana Del Rey’s albums tend to be cohesive as f*ck, but I find them boring and lacking in personality and musical ambition. Gaga is way edgier than her.

And yeah, I’m sick of critics underrating Gaga albums. But it proves they lack intellectuality, since I feel very few of them go into any real depth of why they feel the way they do about her music.

16 hours ago, FinnishGypsy said:

Quality over quantity. Her best album has 8 tracks. Sometimes that’s all you need, and forcibly making it longer results in nothing but filler (which several of her previous albums arguably suffer from). 

Dude, The Fame Monster doesn’t have nearly the dynamics and musical and lyrical ambition that Born This Way and ARTPOP have. And fillers are subjective.

11 hours ago, SarahYuko said:

What I want is 20 songs.

What I expect is a meagre 10 to 12 tracks at most.

The hard lessons I've learnt about false hype in all these years stanning Gaga... :messga:

If you look at the patterns when it comes to Gaga’s albums, the tracklist is always in the teens. The Fame Monster was an anomaly since it was the only record of hers that was short. Joanne is the second shortest and yet it includes 13 original tracks on the deluxe edition. So it’s likely to be maybe 15 if I had to guess.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived