Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Revisiting The Dixie Chicks controversy

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

I'm not american, but what happened to them is scary as ****, and goes to show how easily conservatives can be brainwashed into thinking that anyone who opposes the president's choice to go to war is a traitor.

For those who don't know them. They used to be a very popular group in America, who said in a concert that they were "ashamed that the President of the United States was from Texas" because he was going to invade Iraq. As a result, people were smashing their CDs in public, calling them traitors and unpatriotic, and all radio stations pulled their songs off air, so they weren't making money anymore. Even in this interview, the interviewer was giving them a nasty look:

Fortunately, a couple of years later, they came back with a beautiful song about free speech and an album and they swept all the categories at the Grammy's:

They truly stood by each other after this controversy, and held their ground when 77% of America were calling them names. They're such smart and strong women that deserve to always be remembered!

Ryusei

There is also a documentary about it including the for some reason controversial statement

Also "Not ready to make nice" is such a masterpiece :giveup: 

Musery

Batwings

The album they recorded after all this, Taking the Long Way, is a freakin' country pop masterpiece if you haven't listened to it, and it went on to sell over 2.5 million copies in the U.S. and won 5 Grammys including Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Record of the Year.

TakingtheLongWay.jpg

freakumdress

I always get goosebumps when I think about Not Ready To Make Nice. Natalie Maines is also such a wonderful person:giveup:

Archived