Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My opinion on Avril Lavigne...

ElectricKing

Featured Posts

ElectricKing
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

Yea, we all know that. But it's still ironic.Ā 

Anyway, yes, I listen to all types of music. And truthfully, you'd understand that music isn't so black and white if you did too.

I definitely listen to all types of music bro. I was referencing music in the direct commercial market.

Are you looking for an argument by the way? If you are do it on someone else's post, I don't have the patience. Cheers.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ElectricKing
3 minutes ago, OBEY said:

this song is not representative of the album at all, her label probably forced her to release this in an attempt to get a hit. her album is soooo good omg,

Yes THANK YOU! He's talking about me seeing in black and white, ermĀ :oops:

DeleteMyAccount
20 minutes ago, OBEY said:

this song is not representative of the album at all, her label probably forced her to release this in an attempt to get a hit. her album is soooo good omg,

Oh I know. It's a pretty good album. But I was just pointing out the the song in regards to the OP.

DeleteMyAccount
20 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

I definitely listen to all types of music bro. I was referencing music in the direct commercial market.

Are you looking for an argument by the way? If you are do it on someone else's post, I don't have the patience. Cheers.

Ok, well I just wanted to comment because when you said "most songs" I assumed you only listened to Top 10 and I wanted to share with you the wonders of different genres.Ā 

I was just responding to the thread. Not trying to be rude..

19 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

Yes THANK YOU! He's talking about me seeing in black and white, ermĀ :oops:

Actually no, I was saying the music, not you, isn't so black and white when you start listening beyond the Top 10. And that's because, again, I thought that's what you listened to just going off of the OP. Sorry for the misunderstanding..

ShockPop
2 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's just ironic that you were talking about songs that boost about being rich and famous and yet there's this new Avril song about that subject.Ā 

I listen to anything really.Ā 

It's actually about leaving a bad relationship and being independent. Not about fame and money. Context.

DeleteMyAccount
48 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

It's actually about leaving a bad relationship and being independent. Not about fame and money. Context.

Well, it's up for interpretation considering the rich and famous point in the OP was openended. So that's what I pointed regarding the song.Ā 

But to be honest, that's not the point I was making. It's about people opening up to new genres. So then people no longer see the Top 10 as crap anymore.Ā 

ShockPop
5 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

Well, it's up for interpretation considering the rich and famous point in the OP was openended. So that's what I pointed regarding the song.Ā 

But to be honest, that's not the point I was making. It's about people opening up to new genres. So then people no longer see the Top 10 as crap anymore.Ā 

It's not really up for interpretation though. The lyrics are almost literal except the sports metaphors.Ā 

You can point put what you want, but it's like pointing out how Bad Romance is about frying pans. It aint.

Love the album. There are only a couple songs on it I don't care for.

I'm really surprised no one has made any memes or sex jokes about It Was In Me.Ā :trollga:

My name isn't Timmers

ElectricKing
2 hours ago, Timmers said:

Love the album. There are only a couple songs on it I don't care for.

I'm really surprised no one has made any memes or sex jokes about It Was In Me.Ā :trollga:

Second time I heard it and I couldn't get it out of my head.

'All along it was in me' šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Economy
15 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I haven't listened to her voice in years. Damn, it's a different voice... It has nothing to do with Avril Lavigne. Oh my god.

Ā 

Yes, it's a nice change from other contemporany "shallow" lyrics, but Avril Lavigne debuted almost 20 years ago and she has been through her "sex" lyrics already.

Oh sh*t I had no idea she was that old in music... I thought maybe 12-13 years like RihannaĀ :air:

AlexanderMagno
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

Oh sh*t I had no idea she was that old in music... I thought maybe 12-13 years like RihannaĀ :air:

Complicated debuted in 2002. That song is part of the soundtrack of the first teenage years.Ā It hurtsĀ :selena:

Economy
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Complicated debuted in 2002. That song is part of the soundtrack of the first teenage years.Ā It hurtsĀ :selena:

2002 is the year I moved to Canada from Portugal! Dam that was ages ago :air:

Ā 

I still remember that year. I was 8 when we moved in the begging if 2002 and I was super exited to see snow :)

Ā 

warmest winter in the Toronto area I ever to this date. It never snowed cuz it was too warm so it always rained :rip:

Ā 

as a kid I felt I been lied to. I was like mom I thought u said Canada had snow in the winter where is it? :madge:

AlexanderMagno
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

2002 is the year I moved to Canada from Portugal! Dam that was ages ago :air:

Ā 

I still remember that year. I was 8 when we moved in the begging if 2002 and I was super exited to see snow :)

Ā 

warmest winter in the Toronto area I ever to this date. It never snowed cuz it was too warm so it always rained :rip:

Ā 

as a kid I felt I been lied to. I was like mom I thought u said Canada had snow in the winter where is it? :madge:

Well I'm sure eventually real winter showed up and you wished for "too warm"Ā :emma:Ā (although I love winter and cold, I've never lived in a snowy country but I'd love to try).

Economy
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

Well I'm sure eventually real winter showed up and you wished for "too warm"Ā :emma:Ā (although I love winter and cold, I've never lived in a snowy country but I'd love to try).

Well yes it came eventually. It was a weird year. Never snowed in January or February when it was supposed to then in March/April when it's supposed to warm up and flowers start to bloom is when we got snow storms :rip:

Ā 

that year spring was so cold I remember on May 31st it snowed... Less than a month before summer started :rip:

Ā 

so the winter was actually the fall and the spring was winter. Everytime was behind like 3 months :emma:

Ā 

actually here in Toronto area u get a huge variance with snow each year because the average temperature is around -1 and -2 celcius. That means a winter even a little warmer than usual will have a lot of days with rain instead of snow and snow melting etc... But a colder winter than usual will have few melting days and the snow keeps piling on...

Ā 

because the normal and "average" temperature here is just below freezing point, it allows for each winter to vary considerably. Some winters are a lot snowier than others.

Ā 

this winter we mostly escaped the snow in the Beggining. It would rain on warmer days and the cold days were Sunny so no snow until January. But winter came with a vengeance in February so far and it's been freezing and one snowstorm after the other

Ā 

the summers are brutal here tho cuz they are also so humid. Portugal was better for the summer, at least it was mostly dry heat and was easier to breathe and air didn't so heavy like a jungle lol

Reallllly pleased with the album so far, no fillers detected although Love Me Insane is on the line (mainly because of the chorus).

Archived