Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Oscar Fashion Predictions : What Is Gaga Wearing?

mamo

Featured Posts

91o_oscars-news_960x540.png?itok=V5mCwpa

Hello Monsters! As a fashion student and self-confessed geek, awards season is one of my favourite times of year and the oscars is basically my gay version of the Super Bowl. Now that Gaga is nominated for two academy awards for her work in A Star Is Born, we know she’ll be in attendance for the 91st oscars held this upcoming Sunday. 

So in honour of that, I wanted to make a thread about two of my favourite things; Gaga and Fashion. Predict what you think she might wear and don’t forget to have fun and think outside the box!

***SCROLL BELOW TO SEE MY PREDICTIONS IN THIS POST AS AN EXAMPLE.***

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

*FOR GUIDANCE* Just a quick recap of Gaga and her press/awards season fashion run that might help you figure out your predictions/choices:

31st August 2018 - 75th Venice Film Festival

“Take my Picture Hollywood, I wannabe a star!” - Lady Gaga steps out and debuts herself as a bonafide movie star for the first time wearing Azzedine Alaia at the official photocall and Valentino Couture at the worldwide premiere.

gaga.jpg  lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-venice-film-fes

ladygaga3108b.jpg

9th September 2018 - 43rd Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)

The Art of Darkness - Gaga brings the drama in custom Armani Privé.

Lady-Gaga-Dresses-Toronto-Film-Festival-   Lady_gaga_in_armani_prive_at_toronto_int 

stefani-joanne-angelina-germanotta-aka-l

24th September, 2018 - ASIB LA Premiere at The Shrine Auditorium

Silver Queen serves a look for the Silver Screen - For the first time in her career, Gaga wears custom Givenchy Haute Couture by Claire-Waight Keller paired with Bulgari Jewelry giving us a fashion moment. Hubert de Givenchy would be proud. One of my personal all-time favourite Gaga looks.

Pictured-Lady-Gaga.jpg 

astarisborn2509n-0.jpg

27th September, 2018 - U.K Premiere in London West End

As Fitting As McQueen - Lady Gaga goes back to her early fame-monster roots and pays homage to the late Lee Alexander McQueen whom she wears.

gettyimages-1041848938.jpg?w=768 Lady-Gaga-Alexander-McQueen-Dress-Star-B

October 15th, 2018 - ELLE’s 25th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration

“Today, I Wear The Pants.” - Lady Gaga wears an oversized/exaggerated yet proportioned suit by Marc Jacobs.

Lady-Gaga-In-Marc-Jacobs-ELLE%E2%80%99s-  lady-gaga-suit.jpg?w=1080&h=1620&q=75

6th January, 2019 - 76th Annual Golden Globes

A Periwinkle Dream - Gaga’s first major stop on awards season, she wears Valentino couture paired with a whopping custom 80-carat Tiffany necklace. A QUEEN.

GettyImages-1078337614.jpg    lady-gaga-golden-globes-2019-3.jpg

13th January, 2019 - 24th Annual Critics Choice Awards

“I can still do this with a piano background” - Lady Gaga wears Calvin Klein by Appointment.

2.40605971.jpg

28th January, 2019 - 25th Annual SAG Awards

Run, Run Her Kiss is a Vampire Grin! - Gaga wears Dior Haute Couture.

Lady-Gaga-A-Star-Is-Born-SAG-Awards-2019 Lady-Gaga-SAG-Awards.jpg

10th February, 2019 - 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards

"I'm just a rockstar." - Gaga brings the grunge and pays tribute to Ally in CELINÉ by Hedi Slimane.

Lady-Gaga-Celine-Dress-2019-Grammys.jpg Lady-Gaga-Celine-Dress-2019-Grammys.jpg

Lady-Gaga-Celine-Dress-2019-Grammys.jpg    AP_19042225251834_1549877555__rend_9_16.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

MY OSCAR FASHION PREDICTIONS:

1. Custom Versace - Gaga hasn’t worn Versace at all during her ASIB run which makes me think Gaga and Donatella are possibly saving a moment for the oscars?

6d16f478302057c67f4e120514c0858c.jpg o-LADY-GAGA-570.jpg?6 

2. Archive Alexander McQueen - Gaga bringing avant-garde fashion to the oscars the same way Cher did and I couldn’t think of a better-fitted label/designer. I think it could be slightly reminiscent of her VMA 2010/UK ASIB premiere look. 

Lady-Gaga-Alexander-McQueen-2010-MTV-Vid  4_alexander-mcqueen-rtw-fw2011-runway-03 54.-Pantheon-Ad-Lucem-AW04-05-Alexander-

3. Custom Givenchy Haute Couture - Judging by her L.A Premiere look, I think Givenchy/ Claire-Waight Keller/Gaga pull futurstic old-hollywood off perfectly. Givenchy has classic Old- Hollywood history in particular dressing Audrey Hepburn who has one of the most iconic oscar looks of all-time so I could see Gaga paying tribute to an icon like her at an event like this.

gettyimages-1039664658.jpg?w=768   4e62df75508f60969539a17b2dcb1450.jpg   s-8e5d409a3feba769b800c8d521894305d4acdf

4. Custom Armani Privé - Armani Privé is well-known and has given us some of Gaga’s greatest looks. It’s also a good and popular choice during awards season.

gaga-1.jpg    60th+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+ml5xS 

shutterstock_9877865b-1536537344-599x900    DUq3wkYVoAAm-kE.jpg:large

5. Custom Valentino Haute Couture - Gaga has been wearing Valentino a lot since the debut of  A Star Is Born at the Venice Film Festival and most recently at the Golden Globes. It’s likely that we might see her end awards season in Custom Valentino by Pierpaolo Piccioloi. The photos below are from the current 2019 Spring Haute Couture collection that I think Gaga could easily pull off: 

_FIO0392.jpg  _FIO0867.jpg 

_FIO0949.jpg  _FIO1151.jpg

6. Wildcard: Iris Van Herpen

For my Wildcard, I chose Iris Van Herpen because she makes the most beautiful dresses that intertwine not only just art and fashion but technology too - three things that sum up Gaga’s career as an entertainer. This would be EVERYTHING!

_FIO0005.jpg  _FIO0173.jpg 

_FIO0466.jpg  _FIO0377.jpg

Edit: Since the passing of fashion legend Karl Lagerfield this past week, do you think Gaga could be wearing Chanel to pay homage to one of her dear fashion friends? 

11_bambiawards.w536.h536.2x.jpg    tumblr_n9ked0Mv9P1tt91vvo1_500.png

...and that's it! 

***If you’ve read this far, thank you so much - I can’t wait to see your thoughts and we’ll see who wins or gets it close to right next week!****

NOW GO PREDICT YOUR LOOKS.

LET THE FASHION GAMES BEGIN - GOOD LUCK AND DON’T F*CK IT UP!

STAY TUNED.

XOXO MAMO 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Stephen

I want her to wear something big and theatrical like in Venice, but I'm afraid she doesn't want to seem too self-important or whatever, and she'll go with something more demure. Hope I'm wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

I want her to wear something big and theatrical like in Venice, but I'm afraid she doesn't want to seem too self-important or whatever, and she'll go with something more demure. Hope I'm wrong. 

I think she's going to give us something iconic to remember! 

I hope, after that weird grammy performance, I hope she brings something extra on stage and red carpet too, the oscar voting is over, so she can be herself, and stop crying all the time, so wear Iris van Herpen

I want her to wear something a la the Countess, sexy and high fashion at the same time. Probably something archival, with an intricate hairdo. Extra points for a veil/headpiece.  

tenor.gif?itemid=7249363

Those last two dresses are stunning :giveup:. I hope she starts wearing McQueen again, he was such an incredible designer.

G U C C I

I would love a Countess/old Hollywood look. I personally love it when she wears Alaia and I would love to see her in one of these:

Azzedine-Ala%C3%AFa-couture-scuplture-ro

Alaia-1777x1184.jpg

2 minutes ago, getthatoscar said:

I would love a Countess/old Hollywood look. I personally love it when she wears Alaia and I would love to see her in one of these:

Azzedine-Ala%C3%AFa-couture-scuplture-ro

Alaia-1777x1184.jpg

I love her in Alaia too! Although I don't think she'll be wearing it since she wore Alaia back at the 2015 oscars. 

Suspiria

Let's be real, she's going to come out wrapped in a shapeless piece of plain cloth, with some godawful hairstyle courtesy of Freddie. Same as every awards show look so far:huntyga:

VOLANTIS

I have a feeling Gaga will opt for the modern pieces unveiled recently instead of the vintage pieces. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived