Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

'Shallow' was recorded/written in just four hours

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Economy

Honestly I think that's pretty normal tho. Once the melody and lyrics start flowing I mean how long is it gonna take?

I feel like if u take a long time to writte a song your trying to over-perfect it and you end up over thinking it and detracting from it

Now to be fair I'm talking about the general writing of the song. The editing and producing of the song obviously is not included in this 4h time frame

I'm sure the core writing maybe took a shorter amount of time (four hours, in this case). Finalizing arrangements and melodies could have taken a few more days, and then fitting it to the mold of the script could have taken months (didn't Gaga say it was mixed, like, 18 times?).

All of these are true, hypothetically, so they could obviously pick and choose which to state depending on the tone and context of the interview.

3 points in and ready for more

NewUsername
3 minutes ago, Miel said:

I'm sure the core writing maybe took a shorter amount of time (four hours, in this case). Finalizing arrangements and melodies could have taken a few more days, and then fitting it to the mold of the script could have taken months (didn't Gaga say it was mixed, like, 18 times?).

All of these are true, hypothetically, so they could obviously pick and choose which to state depending on the tone and context of the interview.

exactly.

---

OT: "Read the last paragraph"
tumblr_lybgvqgeHA1qaev2y.gif

hausofcy

Sis wrote her biggest hits in 10 mins and yet can't believe they did shallow in "just" 4 hours :emma: 

anyhow, take it all in gags. you've earned it. 

Linda can choke. That one hit wonder really thought she did something back in the TIHTY days. Now she's suddenly kissing up to them. Stay away from her 

🇯🇵

Cuchulainn

I don’t get the fascination with how fast a song has been written. Speed doesn’t determine quality. It’s also not like it takes some kind of musical genius to come up with contemporary harmonies and structures that appear in soundtrack songs or pop music.

That said, I do like the song. I just don’t find this impressive by any means.

Economy
1 minute ago, Cuchulainn said:

I don’t get the fascination with how fast a song has been written. Speed doesn’t determine quality. It’s also not like it takes some kind of musical genius to come up with contemporary harmonies and structures that appear in soundtrack songs or pop music in general.

I know. I mean Gaga claims poker face took 10 minutes to write :rip:

I feel like she's exxagerating but still

47 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

I don’t get the fascination with how fast a song has been written. Speed doesn’t determine quality. It’s also not like it takes some kind of musical genius to come up with contemporary harmonies and structures that appear in soundtrack songs or pop music.

42 minutes ago, Economy said:

I know. I mean Gaga claims poker face took 10 minutes to write :rip:

I feel like she's exxagerating but still

Absolutely. I think they were just excited that a very spontaneous song ended up becoming such a cultural magnet.

Using that stat is definitely useful for campaign clout though kjflsjflsjlksdjf

3 points in and ready for more

It seems like the music she spend the less time working on is always her best. I guess when she spends too much time on the same project she starts overthinking and changing too many things and the music becomes less good  

Archived