๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's own fans sabotage her like no one else can

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

gypsy101

i get that it was her first movie so she had that hundred people line prepared just as like a thing to say. but why did she say it literally about 10 different times or so?? (not sure of the exact number)

im a huge fan of hers from 2008 but even the 3rd or 4th time i thought it was kind of strange she kept saying it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monsieur D

I think that you are taking this too far and making a big deal of a simple (and funny) video compilation.ย 

As I said in another thread, Gaga has always been this way, emotional as **** and pretty repetitive (I'm italian for example), it's just the way she is. Sometimes you forgot (not all of you) that she's a human being, with a personality (as all of us). What do you want? She's not going to change because she is starting a career on the big screen.ย 

I've been watching her interviews for years, and she always repeat the same things in a specific era, because she speak her mind in that period of time.

I don't think this is going to affect her chances to win, I mean, it's just a video.ย 

LilyLark
2 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

The op's avatar tho :deadbanana:

OT, but people giving Gaga **** about the chicken pisses me off.ย  Like if you've never had to evacuate (and they gave people so little time in certain parts of Malibu/Agoura Hills), don't judge.ย  Like my friend and her husband had less than half an hour to evacuate 3 horses, two dogs, three cats, and a ****ing parrot AND take photos, memories, money, clothes, etc. I'm pretty sure Gaga had to deal with evacuating numerous horses and her dogs.

As someone who also lives in an area that's been evacuated because of fires, I'd damn well leave the chickens, as sad as it might be, over risking my own life or that of my dog or not grabbing all my photos and precious family keepsakes.ย 

Didymus

Sabotage? :rip: You seriously think this is gonna have consequences? It's just a fun little video. Every actor has to repeat answers during press rounds. Of course Gaga took it to the next level by not repeating an anecdote or a personal opinion but a specific dramatic sounding saying, so I don't blame anyone for zooming on that, however I don't think anyone's opinion about Gaga's acting has been affected because of a few laughs :shrug: If anything, it gave the audience something to talk about which was still related to her acting career, imo that's good publicity when you're starting out with your first big film. She got tons of amazing press throughout the whole thing, this was the only funny little bit on the side that everyone just finds amusing, so what?

As others have pointed out, your avatar is far more problematic, maybe create a thread about that lol

Didymus

Also, "you have no sense of what goes on in the real world." :rip:

You'd think by reading this sentence this was a post about politically insensitive jokes at the expense of knowledge of and sympathy for third world atrocities. But no, instead this is a post about a pop star winning an award... Should we really care as much as you're trying to convince us we should?

LilyLark

There's some truth in that stan culture can have negatives and there were negatives and positives to that video. In general, I think most people thought it was kind of funny in a light hearted way because they expect Gaga to be extra and it kind of lived up to itโ€”most of the jokes I saw about it weren't mean. No wants or expects Celine, or Cher, or Gaga, or Cardi, or even Ariana to be solemn and serious. Like the GP wants their divas to be over the top.ย  The problem is that video combined with the all the crying was a bit much after a while.

But yeah, it may have hurt her with some of the more "serious" (that's sarcastic) Oscar voters who were already ready to look down on a pop girl for stepping out of her laneโ€”even tho every actor repeats the same lines at the junkets. I mean, that's how "JLaw is going to talk about eating again or farting" jokes started, because she said it a lot at junkets and then generally the jokes about her schtick got less kind hearted and more mean spirited.

But if you read that article, you also can see that Bradley and WB are the ones being dragged way more than Gaga and the nature of the film being a remake is also brought up. So acting like Gaga ruined her chance at BA or the film is an overreaction, especially as you can see this type of petty sh*t is brought up a lot in Oscar races over the years and Gaga doesn't even have the worst of it this year. Just google "Hathahate" and see how bad it can really be. ASIB is also not the first film to be nominated for a bunch of awards and walk away with little (American Hustle is the most recent that comes to mind).

I don't care.... I'm glad Gaga repeated that line a hundred times, because it's so funny!!! I love it, and honestly, beyond the repetition, it's actually a great line!!!

Florian
54 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Sabotage? :rip: You seriously think this is gonna have consequences? It's just a fun little video. Every actor has to repeat answers during press rounds.

Ikr !

And that whole "it's hurting her campain" is just ridiculous... Do you think Oscar voters are newbies ? No, they're people with years of experience in this industry. If you think they don't know that actors repeat stuff then you're a delulu. It happens to everyone every years :laughga:

Also you just sound rude and bitter and that's not a good look. That "I'm a good fan, you're not, you should leave" is just unhealthy :shrug:

ChicaSkas
2 hours ago, Earthfan said:

Not going to lie - I agree. That video was made by a fan and has sabotaged the authenticity of her acting.ย 

ERFY <3 <3 <3 I miss you

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Wet Fire

The video was funny. My cousins and friends used to send me the video. However, I also realised that they were fully convinced that Gaga is a gifted actress (and of course, musician). Plus, Gaga becoming a queen of memes recently is adding to her popularity in general. I thi k it is a good thing.

ย 

However, I do think that some people question Gaga's genuineness in making the statement because of the video. We know she is a nice person and she cannot but be a theatrical in her behaviour/reactions. Her genuineness is heightened to a degree that it might look insincere to those who don't believe her.

SwissMonster

No itโ€™s not our fault. So basically you say at the moment Gaga would do better without her fans? Well, news flash, as much talent Gaga has, where would she be without her fans. Itโ€™s that simple you canโ€™t get famous without fans, especially in the music industry.ย 

And in the end SHEย said the 100 people in the room thing. Also, people donโ€™t bash her for that. Everyone believes her, itโ€™s just funny she repeated it, itโ€™s really not THAT deep sis

SwissMonsterยฎ๏ธ - Creating controversy since 1999

SPARTACUS

Nothing truer has ever been said.

-๐“๐‡๐„ ๐…๐€๐Œ๐„ ๐„๐๐ˆ๐†๐Œ๐€โ„ข

Archived